The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6420
Original post by Gallium
used to do this till few weeks back, now my squat is progressing nicely :wink:

Cool =P
Original post by GQ.
Bouncing is not a necessity for squatting.

I see ..
Original post by Michael XYZ
Ages ago I bought some resistance bands but they are different to what he is using. If you can find a decent deal for them I do think they have their uses.

If not, you can just do some light dumbbell rotator cuff work and then use a broom or something to do shoulder dislocates (2nd movement).

Okay thanks.

When I get paid I will buy some bands - I'm pretty sure I have seen them in Argos for cheap (and probably on amazon).

I'm wondering if I could fit my old bench in my uni room :holmes:
Original post by ibysaiyan
Cool =P

I see ..

what i do isn't bouncing...i just started leaning forward a little instead of trying to stay to upright and over do my arch.
Reply 6423
Cool =P

I see ..

lol?
Thanks for the answers about the bench stuff.

Basically when i bench i'll work more tri than normal becuse i have a closer grip and less chest? I can live with that...
May throw in some wider grip stuff at some point for fun as well...

Also, got knee sleeves now as well as a belt so i can look really cool when i go in and squat from now on.
Sleeves just keep the knees warm/healthy though and don't actually improve the lift but you do look cooler iirc.
Reply 6426
Original post by GQ.
lol?

huh ? lol whats up
Reply 6427
huh ? lol whats up

Nothing lol. Just found your response funny, but wasn't sure if it was meant to be.
Great prizes offered by Maxiraw, save you buying supplements for months! Great company too.
Reply 6429
Shame I won't be winning.
Original post by GQ.
Shame I won't be winning.

Why not, everyone equal chances plus 1st 2nd and 3rd, and male and female categories. You've got every chance :smile:
Reply 6431
Original post by commandant
Why not, everyone equal chances plus 1st 2nd and 3rd, and male and female categories. You've got every chance :smile:

Mmmm well here's hoping :smile: You bulking for you transformation?
Original post by GQ.
Mmmm well here's hoping :smile: You bulking for you transformation?

Not really sure what I'm doing lol - diet is going to be cleaned up and a lot better, going to add in cardio and going to train more. Arms are main focus, hoping to see a vast improvement at the end.
Reply 6433
Original post by commandant
Not really sure what I'm doing lol - diet is going to be cleaned up and a lot better, going to add in cardio and going to train more. Arms are main focus, hoping to see a vast improvement at the end.

you smell so good....
Yes I have low hopes considering I'm not directly trying to add muscle.
Reply 6435
Original post by MHorman
Thanks for the answers about the bench stuff.

Basically when i bench i'll work more tri than normal becuse i have a closer grip and less chest? I can live with that...
May throw in some wider grip stuff at some point for fun as well...

Also, got knee sleeves now as well as a belt so i can look really cool when i go in and squat from now on.
Sleeves just keep the knees warm/healthy though and don't actually improve the lift but you do look cooler iirc.

One thing I've changed with bench pressing (and it's worked SO well) is the positioning of the bar rather than my hands. Shoulder width hands are fine. Its not to push more numbers though.

You just bring the bar down slowly, touching the top of your ribcage/below your nipples. Focus on negatives as much as pushing it up and you get such a chest pump. The bar is a lot lower than the conventional bench press

Regarding the transformation, anyone can win. It's not about how good you look at the end, it's about how much you change. So you've got like 11-12 weeks now to change.
Reply 6436
Original post by GQ.
Nothing lol. Just found your response funny, but wasn't sure if it was meant to be.

Oh right.. I thought maybe I said something which didn't make any sense... =p
Reply 6437
Gym's full of new years rez people, so ****ing cute
Does anyone here to any MMA type things?

They run classes near me and I am thinking of starting. Even if my fat arse will get handed to be by meatheads in the top weight division.
Reply 6439
Original post by a_t
Gym's full of new years rez people, so ****ing cute

You mean visitors.. yea I see them on seasonal basis.. lol

Latest