The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMagicRat
I'm amazed at how you find all of these images that you post.

Google is such a magnificent tool. And so are you :^_^: Well, not magnificent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by morris743

I'm not quite sure about the point she is trying to make.

Google is such a magnificent tool. And so are you :^_^: Well, not magnificent.

Original post by spiral87

Yikes. This thread feels so dirty now. Thanks.
I'm not quite sure about the point she is trying to make.

Lovely.....

I wanted to rep you but couldn't :frown:
Original post by georgia
I wanted to rep you but couldn't :frown:

Also noted :biggrin: You OK? :smile:
Original post by *Bubble*
haha good question, I think 2, like humans :wink: And they enjoy good sound

i :love: :bubbles:
Also noted :biggrin: You OK? :smile:

Haha, I am so out of it. I've literally done nothing productive today besides make a delicious dahl and spend £165 online...£95 on Tesco, £70 on clothes. Oops! At least I had no lectures today, so missed nothing, and yoga which I would have gone to has been moved to the other campus because the university is doing maintenance on the pavillion which is right by where I live and where it normally is and I couldn't be bothered to walk half an hour plus to get over there. Especially since I'm riding on Sunday (for the first time in foreverrrr, SO EXCITED!) so that'll be my exercise for the week. I was intending to do laundry and tidy my room, but it all seemed like too much effort. I'm not remotely tired, so I think I will at least attempt to tidy and organise before bed, because my room is a TIP (and is small so looks way worse messy)...I need to do so much work, but tomorrow I think I'll do laundry and read before the Tesco delivery arrives and then I'm off to an AGM and afterparty. It is reading week next week, and I have SO MUCH to do with the production and other stuff but I have have have to get at least one of my essays researched, planned, and drafted or I will be incredibly screwed in a few weeks.

Sorry, that is a total ramble. I've been reclusive all day, guess I've been a bit out of sorts lately, so I've not really spoken to anyone all day about anything except society stuff. So that means you get it all :p:

How are you, m'dear? How are things progressing with the girlie?
Original post by georgia
Haha, I am so out of it. I've literally done nothing productive today besides make a delicious dahl and spend £165 online...£95 on Tesco, £70 on clothes. Oops! At least I had no lectures today, so missed nothing, and yoga which I would have gone to has been moved to the other campus because the university is doing maintenance on the pavillion which is right by where I live and where it normally is and I couldn't be bothered to walk half an hour plus to get over there. Especially since I'm riding on Sunday (for the first time in foreverrrr, SO EXCITED!) so that'll be my exercise for the week. I was intending to do laundry and tidy my room, but it all seemed like too much effort. I'm not remotely tired, so I think I will at least attempt to tidy and organise before bed, because my room is a TIP (and is small so looks way worse messy)...I need to do so much work, but tomorrow I think I'll do laundry and read before the Tesco delivery arrives and then I'm off to an AGM and afterparty. It is reading week next week, and I have SO MUCH to do with the production and other stuff but I have have have to get at least one of my essays researched, planned, and drafted or I will be incredibly screwed in a few weeks.

Sorry, that is a total ramble. I've been reclusive all day, guess I've been a bit out of sorts lately, so I've not really spoken to anyone all day about anything except society stuff. So that means you get it all :p:

Honoured to have been on the receiving end of it :lol: Still, you hardly have an empty schedule and if you don't mind me pointing out, you do seem a little cheerier than before :smile: Makes me happy to see.

Original post by georgia
How are you, m'dear? How are things progressing with the girlie?

I'll say I've also had a reclusive day, I've been rather ill with the flu. I've sat playing my guitar to myself and laid in front of the telly. Headache for much of the day too, which, when you work on computers, is not what you want.

The girl situation.....I get the impression there's a big maturity gap between us. Not that that'll stop me, this is a learning experience, but I have no intention of exploiting her or anything! Just giving her a wide berth and playing it by ear.

I haven't spoken to her since that chat on Wednesday, but I popped on Facebook chat for 10 minutes tonight, she was on and she said nothing. Then suddenly she signed onto MSN and right back out again. Then later on she did the same again, just after writing on Facebook she was off to bed. Dunno if it's avoidance or just checking me out and shy. Either way, I added her as an MSN contact on Wednesday and this was the first time I'd seen her online. I think this will require full effort on my part. Or perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

I'm going to climb into bed, so I'll speak to you tomorrow :smile:

(edited 12 years ago)

Should be able to rep this. NO FAIR.
This place is quiet tonight, for a change.
Honoured to have been on the receiving end of it :lol: Still, you hardly have an empty schedule and if you don't mind me pointing out, you do seem a little cheerier than before :smile: Makes me happy to see.

I'll say I've also had a reclusive day, I've been rather ill with the flu. I've sat playing my guitar to myself and laid in front of the telly. Headache for much of the day too, which, when you work on computers, is not what you want.

The girl situation.....I get the impression there's a big maturity gap between us. Not that that'll stop me, this is a learning experience, but I have no intention of exploiting her or anything! Just giving her a wide berth and playing it by ear.

I haven't spoken to her since that chat on Wednesday, but I popped on Facebook chat for 10 minutes tonight, she was on and she said nothing. Then suddenly she signed onto MSN and right back out again. Then later on she did the same again, just after writing on Facebook she was off to bed. Dunno if it's avoidance or just checking me out and shy. Either way, I added her as an MSN contact on Wednesday and this was the first time I'd seen her online. I think this will require full effort on my part. Or perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

I'm going to climb into bed, so I'll speak to you tomorrow :smile:

Sometimes I'm cheerier, but really I have just been zoning out to **** television so it is actually a bit of an illusion, and other times I still just feel...heavy. And my heart still hurts. There is still a huge part of me that wants to call up the boy, but there is another part of me that doesn't want to, because I know deep down that it would only be causing more long term pain compared to this (hopefully) more short term pain. I need to transition back into the happily single mindset where it is okay not to have someone there to talk to about anything, someone just to be me in front of (the good, the bad, the crazy, and everything in between), someone to cuddle with. It's strange, I honestly feel like he and I are linked in this unbreakable way. Like if soulmates exist, he could well be mine, but that is both scary and actually quite **** in equal measure. I hope it's just the ouch-ness that is making me talk like that...

It seems like that kind of thing is going round - I had something that sounds similar last week. Hope you feel better soon, and it disappears nice and quickly!

Maturity gaps...my experience is they aren't great. However, it sounds like you are more than happy to be patient with her, and that is actually really lovely. As concerns the online stuff, it seems like you are overthinking - maybe she had to go do something else, or maybe she just wasn't feeling too chatty...nothing to worry about. I think it is a good idea to just not worry unless something presents itself to you which warrants worry!

Sogni d'oro :smile: (And the translation because of the ridiculous TSR rules on foreign languages (grr): sweet dreams :smile: )
Original post by georgia
Sogni d'oro :smile: (And the translation because of the ridiculous TSR rules on foreign languages (grr): sweet dreams :smile: )

What rules? You have to put the English down as well?
What rules? You have to put the English down as well?

Yeah, it's *******s. TSR is an English forum, so you have to write in English all the time aside from the Foreign Languages section, and if you don't then you must provide a translation. I got a message about it from a mod a few days ago, and had my signature modified one time too because I didn't provide a translation.
Original post by georgia
Yeah, it's *******s. TSR is an English forum, so you have to write in English all the time aside from the Foreign Languages section, and if you don't then you must provide a translation. I got a message about it from a mod a few days ago, and had my signature modified one time too because I didn't provide a translation.

Haha! It's that pathetic I actually had a little chuckle.

:love:

(First post today :mmm:)
Original post by Jaydiee
:love:

(First post today :mmm:)

And you're supposed to be in a rush :colonhash:
Haha! It's that pathetic I actually had a little chuckle.

I know, right. I mean, I get that they are trying to make the whole thing accessible blah de blah, but at the same time...the userbase is international, and a good number of people are multilingual, why not just let them be?

And on the subject of letting beings be... http://freefromharm.org/farm-animal-welfare/how-we-teach-children-a-separate-morality-for-food-animals/

Latest