The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by d123
I'm alright, I'm kind of bored which for me is often a slippery slope into feeling **** but I'm just going to read my book and maybe watch a film.

Also still haven't told my parents about my depression. I don't know how. I can hide it, I'm hiding it fine at the moment but that won't be able to last that long. I probably should tell them but everytime an opportunity has come up I've bottled it.

:hugs: yeah, distractions are good!

fair enough, can be hard to tell people I know, hopefully the right time for you will come though :smile:
Reply 2001
Original post by SciFiBoy
:hugs: yeah, distractions are good!

fair enough, can be hard to tell people I know, hopefully the right time for you will come though :smile:

Hopefully I'll work out how to do it. I know I should, it's just quite hard.
Reply 2002
Hello, everyone.
Original post by d123
Hopefully I'll work out how to do it. I know I should, it's just quite hard.

that's okay, isn't ever easy to tell people, especially if they care about you, but hopefully they will be supportive so is worth doing :smile:
Original post by geetar
Hello, everyone.

[scroll]:hi:[/scroll]
Reply 2005
Original post by geetar
Hello, everyone.

:wavey:
Original post by d123
I'm alright, I'm kind of bored which for me is often a slippery slope into feeling **** but I'm just going to read my book and maybe watch a film.

Also still haven't told my parents about my depression. I don't know how. I can hide it, I'm hiding it fine at the moment but that won't be able to last that long. I probably should tell them but everytime an opportunity has come up I've bottled it.

I couldn't tell my parents so what I did was hand my mum a letter from my psychiatrist to GP which explained everything. Then I just sat back and waiting for the inevitable questions. But sure as hell beat telling her myself.
Reply 2007
Original post by Sabertooth
I couldn't tell my parents so what I did was hand my mum a letter from my psychiatrist to GP which explained everything. Then I just sat back and waiting for the inevitable questions. But sure as hell beat telling her myself.

Yeah, I might wait until after my counselling appointment when maybe my head will be clearer about what's actually happening to me.
Reply 2008
Will someone have a go at me please? I need it right now.
Original post by AmiB

why? :/
Reply 2010
Original post by AmiB

What's wrong?
Reply 2011
Exam today went quite well :yy: . As did the driving lesson :smile: . Got another exam tomorrow morning, this time ICT.

Been feeling good too :awesome:
Reply 2012
Original post by SciFiBoy
why? :/

Original post by d123
What's wrong?

Just feel like I deserve to be put in my place. Hating being alive right now, in a dark and twisty place contemplating evil things. :crazy:
Original post by AmiB
Just feel like I deserve to be put in my place. Hating being alive right now, in a dark and twisty place contemplating evil things. :crazy:

:hugs: don't be silly! you are a good person, sucks that you feel bad atm, but it will pass, I know trust me, you definitely don't want to do anything other than find a way through! if you need to talk, then please post/PM/whatever you need to do!
Original post by d123
I've tried this a few times. It's kind of worked until I sober up then I feel worse. Also my problem is that often getting drunk just exacerbates whatever mood I'm in at the time so I'd feel very very wary about getting drunk when feeling particularly low.

True, you're right. But, personally, in my circumstances where I've come close to 's', getting very drunk seems to have effected a subtle change. Of course, it may well be just a case of it masking and covering up serious issues but as long as it'll keep me from the edge until the academic year finishes, then I'll have to continue.
Original post by ViceVersa
Okay dear ima just reply as Helenia is currently offline. In these circumstances a mod (usually a supermod or admin) would say something like:

Would you consider speaking to the Samaritans or Nightline? Their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/ and here: http://nightline.ac.uk/nightlines. They both offer a range of different listening services so if you don't feel able to speak to them on the phone, you can email them and they will usually respond within a few hours, or Nightline even offer a 1:1 instant messaging listening service.

They are the people best equipped to help you in terms of listening to you and helping you feel supported and able to cope with the stress you're under, so please get in touch with them hun. On the other hand, if you PM either Helenia or fleur de lis (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=54773) they are able to have the Samaritans call you with your permission if you feel unable to call them. Good luck, hope you're okay and that it works out for you. :hugs:

Just to note though that the moderators who make these referrals are specifically Samaritans trained moderators. It can't be any moderator/supermod/admin, they must have been trained to deal with those posts/threads, and it's not always a supermod or admin, it is often area moderators who are trained as well. :smile:
Original post by Sazzy890
Just to note though that the moderators who make these referrals are specifically Samaritans trained moderators. It can't be any moderator/supermod/admin, they must have been trained to deal with those posts/threads, and it's not always a supermod or admin, it is often area moderators who are trained as well. :smile:

:yep: That's what I meant, though I can see why that might not have been clear :tongue:
Original post by AmiB

Try and get some sleep if you can, I promise things will get easier, just hang in there :hugs:
That's what I meant, though I can see why that might now have been clear :tongue:

Cool :smile: I only specifically said that because you said the mods (which implies all) and said usually supermods/admin but area mods do provided they are trained. :yep:
Okay dear ima just reply as Helenia is currently offline. In these circumstances a mod (usually a supermod or admin) would say something like:

Would you consider speaking to the Samaritans or Nightline? Their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/ and here: http://nightline.ac.uk/nightlines. They both offer a range of different listening services so if you don't feel able to speak to them on the phone, you can email them and they will usually respond within a few hours, or Nightline even offer a 1:1 instant messaging listening service.

They are the people best equipped to help you in terms of listening to you and helping you feel supported and able to cope with the stress you're under, so please get in touch with them hun. On the other hand, if you PM either Helenia or fleur de lis (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=54773) they are able to have the Samaritans call you with your permission if you feel unable to call them. Good luck, hope you're okay and that it works out for you. :hugs:

Hope it's okay I did this, you were offline so..:colondollar:

:hide:

That's great - thanks very much for doing this. Sorry I disappeared at an inopportune moment.

Latest