The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes, I think so however the uni's won't be very prestigious - ones like hertfordshire/sunderland maybe central lancs but I don't know for definate. I know someone who got into sunderland a few years back through clearing.
Reply 2
There can be some pretty good stuff in Extra if you get in early, but what's there from year to year will obviously vary as applications for different subjects change year on year. Wait and see what's available when Extra places are published (I think it's towards the end of March, but I'm not 100% sure).
Reply 3
Well I know someone who actually did get into Manchester and Nottingham for Pharmacy after the results were published but eventually declined the offers to take a gap year and reapply for Medicine.
Reply 4
Ok thanks guys for your help!! Feel lil bit better!!:smile:
heninacoop
There can be some pretty good stuff in Extra if you get in early, but what's there from year to year will obviously vary as applications for different subjects change year on year. Wait and see what's available when Extra places are published (I think it's towards the end of March, but I'm not 100% sure).
Mid-march around the 14th I think.
Reply 6
I know i'm probably gonna get people shouting at me for this but.... medicine is nothing like pharmacy, yes they are similar but its a totally different career, some of the course may also be different. Where medicine focuses on anatomy, physiology etc, pharmacy focuses on chemistry and drugs etc. There is slight overlap though.
I knew someone that went to LJMU to do pharmacy through clearing
Reply 8
Harp
Hi, after my rejections from medicine i have been looking at other courses in a similar field and came across pharamcy...just wondering does pharamcy ever come up in UCAS extra or clearing?? :smile:

If you get the grades at A-Level I strongly advise you take a gap year and re-apply. Pharmacy is a good degree but it is nothing like medicine and the similarities are very small. In all honesty if your heart really is set on Medicine, you will NEVER be happy studying Pharmacy and you will always view it as 2nd best and will never give it your 100% focus and attention. Pharmacy is a tough degree course and you'll struggle on it without giving it your full commitment.

Don't think about alternative courses until you've exhausted every last option.

Latest

Trending

Trending