The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8980
Original post by Aiko
I've only read the first paragraph about the Darth Vader laser pointer and I'm already laughing. :tongue:

thanks :grin: discluding the last one as that's a personal favourite not really put in for amusement my favourite has to be the canned unicorn meat that made me laugh so much when I found it :laugh:
Reply 8981
I'm now a 2012 Global Poverty Ambassador.
Reply 8982
Original post by JWH
thanks :grin: discluding the last one as that's a personal favourite not really put in for amusement my favourite has to be the canned unicorn meat that made me laugh so much when I found it :laugh:

That yielded a chuckle as well. :giggle:

Truered

I was talking to my cousin Michiko last night who still lives in Uji, the city I lived in when I was younger, and we were talking about how it differs from Tokyo which is becoming considerably more westernised. Anyway, one such example we brought up is the sound the postman makes while on his bicycle to inform the residents that he's in the vicinity (not literally from his mouth, but from a small machine). For some outlandish reason, I seem to remember you asking about the sound you often hear in anime and I said it was probably for ambiance, but after some thought, it could well be this. :tongue:
Reply 8983
So, I finally upgraded to the newest version of Firefox and started using it after refusing to upgrade from 3.6.

Just sorting my old bookmarks now and I never realised how much crap I bookmark.

Interestingly though, I found bookmarks from years ago of stuff by Huke and Red Juice, both who are members of SuperCell and character designers for Black Rock Shooter and Guilty Crown, respectively. The funny thing is that though I apparently liked their art styles back then as well, their names didn't stick with me at the time and I thought both artists were relatively new to me.

It's strange how things like that work out.
so sleepy :yawn:

not weird at all :p: :mmm:

Original post by Jehuty^
:erm: sure ok :p:

:hello:

Jehuuu :puppyeyes: :teeth:

congrats on your job :five:
Oh it's been a while. Hey all!
Original post by Aiko
I've only read the first paragraph about the Darth Vader laser pointer and I'm already laughing. :tongue:

Your sig is soooo cute!!! :biggrin:
Design my business brand for me. Seriously! :|
Reply 8988
Original post by Aiko
That yielded a chuckle as well. :giggle:

I was talking to my cousin Michiko last night who still lives in Uji, the city I lived in when I was younger, and we were talking about how it differs from Tokyo which is becoming considerably more westernised. Anyway, one such example we brought up is the sound the postman makes while on his bicycle to inform the residents that he's in the vicinity (not literally from his mouth, but from a small machine). For some outlandish reason, I seem to remember you asking about the sound you often hear in anime and I said it was probably for ambiance, but after some thought, it could well be this. :tongue:

I think Cara said a while back what I was thinking of was some folk story or something about practising the flute or something in a town. Maybe :redface:

And I appear to have lost my subscription to this thread, it didn't appear on my home page, but I suddenly noticed you had quoted me. Stupid TSR :angry:
Reply 8989
Original post by Truered

And I appear to have lost my subscription to this thread, it didn't appear on my home page, but I suddenly noticed you had quoted me. Stupid TSR :angry:

The same thing has happened to me twice for some reason :confused:
Reply 8990
It's because you reply using "go advanced"
Original post by Truered
I think Cara said a while back what I was thinking of was some folk story or something about practising the flute or something in a town. Maybe :redface:

Original post by JWH
The same thing has happened to me twice for some reason :confused:

I believe they've changed it so only x number of watched threads appear. I dunno why they changed it tbh. The new setup's playing havoc with typing out posts especially in the advanced editor.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8992
Original post by eugenius 8
not weird at all :p: :mmm:

Jehuuu :puppyeyes: :teeth:

congrats on your job :five:

Euge :puppyeyes:

Reply 8993
Is it time for "they changed it now it sucks" rants again?
Reply 8994
Original post by roar558
I believe they've changed it so only x number of watched threads appear. I dunno why they changed it tbh. The new setup's playing havoc with typing out posts especially in the advanced editor.

you believe wrongly. it's because you post using the advanced bit. quick reply is fine. go advanced will unsubscribe you.
Original post by Juno
you believe wrongly. it's because you post using the advanced bit. quick reply is fine. go advanced will unsubscribe you.

Hmm there seems to be a different problem then because it also hides some of my watched threads until i've viewed a few(ie after I've viewed a few, another watched thread pops up with the latest post being a few hours back).
Reply 8996
Original post by roar558
Hmm there seems to be a different problem then because it also hides some of my watched threads until i've viewed a few(ie after I've viewed a few, another watched thread pops up with the latest post being a few hours back).

it's always done that one
Reply 8997
I can't recall using go advanced in either thread. Certainly not in the main animesoc thread, I just use quick reply
Reply 8998
aside from this reply box which works pretty well like before, ive got no complaints:nah:
Reply 8999
Okay my gig tonight was well interesting. The audience were what you could say not a comedy audience at all they were all pissed off their tits and hated anything slightly dark, shocking, geeky or took more than 2 brain cells to understand. This put in the position of knowing I was going to get gonged off before going on as that was pretty much all my material out of the window. So I literally thought **** it went on had a right old laugh as one person with the voting card was so drunk they kept just randomly putting it up so I told the whole audience to **** off and call 1 or 2 of them ***** a few times which was fun :laugh:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending