The Student Room Group

Is it me, or is the time flying by VERY QUICKLY? :( :( :(

Hi,

I am an A2 student, and I have exams coming up very very soon :frown:.

It is nearly two weeks since I have received my results. :frown: They were fairly disappointing and now I have 8 exams in the summer :frown:.

I only have one shot at it.

Really want to go to university next academic year, but the time that I have left really scares me.

Next week it is the holidays :frown:.

Next half term is the last 6 weeks of my school career :frown: :frown:.

I'm not too stressed or anything, but what is a good solution to the problem with time?

Studying for a longer period of time and taking full advantage of easter holidays.

Because atm, I have two coursework subjects, in which I am currently doing very well in :biggrin:.

Is it because of the coursework that the time is flying by very quickly?

Would appreciate if you could let me know.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't believe it's the 23rd of MArch already...
Reply 2
I'm doing AS, and everything since christmas just feels like a blur. Can't believe it's nearly April. Can't believe I haven't started revising properly yet! Grr!!!
Reply 3
Original post by cgraham15
I can't believe it's the 23rd of MArch already...

It's not.
OP: it's not just you time is going fast and I'm not even having fun! :'(
Yes. I've been thinking about this too. What have I done in the last term?
Reply 5
Yeah, the end of education as I know it is fast approaching, the oncoming years lying tantalisingly close. The next 2/3 months will fly by, but as soon as exams are over, until August, things are going to drag on, minds will wonder, and I'll most likely get worked up about those bloody results!
Reply 6
Original post by POWW!
It's not.
OP: it's not just you time is going fast and I'm not even having fun! :'(

21st of March*
Reply 7
Holy S*** it's the 21st of March already?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! Oh my god. I need to start working!!
Reply 8
time is moving at a snails pace for me. Ready to write the exam even tomorrow if needed.
Reply 9
Original post by exam2k10
Hi,

I am an A2 student, and I have exams coming up very very soon :frown:.

It is nearly two weeks since I have received my results. :frown: They were fairly disappointing and now I have 8 exams in the summer :frown:.

I only have one shot at it.

Really want to go to university next academic year, but the time that I have left really scares me.

Next week it is the holidays :frown:.

Next half term is the last 6 weeks of my school career :frown: :frown:.

I'm not too stressed or anything, but what is a good solution to the problem with time?

Studying for a longer period of time and taking full advantage of easter holidays.

Because atm, I have two coursework subjects, in which I am currently doing very well in :biggrin:.

Is it because of the coursework that the time is flying by very quickly?

Would appreciate if you could let me know.

Thanks

I guess it's time
I'm going to be so sad to be leaving my sixth form college. 23rd May will be a very sad day :frown: We don't even do a leavers' party or anything. It's like we're all going to disappear into the abyss. It's worse than leaving school, school was 5 years, and it dragged, you knew everyone really well and were happy to be moving on. But college, I've only just starting to really click with a dozen people, but all of that will be broken over the summer, then uni, until eventually you forget about them.

That's life I suppose :/
the funny thing is we have actually so long till the end of the actuall year, but less than two months before my exams begin and less than 5 months till results! :/ Seriously where does time go nowadays..cant wait till the day i stop learning (doubt it would ever happen)
Reply 12
Already started intensive revision.

My challenge to myself is to finish all of the A2 content for Computing, Mathematics and Design Technology over the holidays.

I think it is achievable, and I will be sleeping less and working more :smile:.

Really want to go to my firm university who want AAB.

Any advice? Is my Easter holiday challenge going to fail? If so, what advice can you give me?

Would highly appreciate any comments.

I am that type who would do literally anything to get somewhere.

Thanks
Reply 13
My plan is kind off failing so far, due to the 'common cold' I had for the past two days :angry:.

Currently taking a break, before continuing revision.

Just realised there is 6 weeks til my first exam :frown: :frown:.

Do you think it would be wise to finish the content of all three subjects and then start doing past papers and worksheets for the remaining 3/4 weeks?
Yup, time is flying pretty quick. Already in April.
Summer is coming though :beard:
I'm an A2 student and probably won't see most if my friends again :sigh: but that's life.
Luckily, we'll have a leavers party :biggrin:
Reply 15
yep! time always time flys qucickly strangely enough when we all have exams!! i have 5 exams as im resitting all three exams!!!!! and im really struggling... :frown: lacking motivation BTW im in my first year in sixth form year 12 i have one subject in which i have to do coursework in i really prefer courseworks than exams i do think it is difficult as we have coursework deadlines AND exams to revise for especially if we are resiting them!! :007::bawling::catfight::bhangra::bird::doctor::cry2::creep::dots::ff2::goodluck::israel::lolz::loony::judge::joyman::jfault:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< sorry about that these are awsum!!!!!! :O
If you think it's gone quick since Christmas, wait until we go back after Easter... :s
Reply 17
Original post by Angry Spartan
If you think it's gone quick since Christmas, wait until we go back after Easter... :s

Can imagine it.

Thats why I am trying to revise and finish off the A2 syllabus for my subjects, so that when I go back to school I can at least do past papers and not stress too much
Reply 18
Can imagine it.

Thats why I am trying to revise and finish off the A2 syllabus for my subjects, so that when I go back to school I can at least do past papers and not stress too much

I was wondering, I'm doing AS at the moment, but would it be alright if I just spent the rest of the Easter holidays mastering the content in the exams I'm taking (8) and do most of the maths past papers, then just focus on exam papers after easter? Does that give me enough time to do them all? Thanks. :smile:
Reply 19
My plan is kind off failing so far, due to the 'common cold' I had for the past two days :angry:.

Currently taking a break, before continuing revision.

Just realised there is 6 weeks til my first exam :frown: :frown:.

Do you think it would be wise to finish the content of all three subjects and then start doing past papers and worksheets for the remaining 3/4 weeks?

That's what I was thinking of doing... I might try and do most of the maths past papers (two of my exams), but just focus on the theory for the rest of Easter, then hit the exam papers. I'm not sure if that gives us enough time though? Ahh, time goes too quickly! I only did about 2 hours yesterday because I had a 'headache' so I used it as an excuse to do basically nothing all day. :smile:

Quick Reply