The Student Room Group

Anniversary present for boyfriend.

It is mine and my boyfriends 3 year anniversary on 9th November and i really don't know what to get him. Last year i bought him a ring which he loved but lost and i asked him if he wanted another and he said no cos he didn't want me to spend my money if he coudn't promise he wouldn't lose it again. I wanna get him something special cos it is both our longest relationship to date and we've managed to get through a pretty eventful year (relationship wise). I'm also on a pretty tight budget. So any nice ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Buy him a lapdance/stripper :yep:
Reply 2
Heres a little idea: Last year I went on a website and got my boyfriend a 'message in a bottle' because for valentines day I had written him a little letter and he absolutely loved it, so I thought I'd get him something cute and sentimental yet decorative. Maybe you could do something similar?
g_star_raw_1989
Buy him a lapdance/stripper :yep:

He wouldn't appreciate that from me. Maybe for a birthday from his best mate but not from me.
Reply 5
Bagration

We've been together almost 3 years you think we haven't already got some of them?
Funny the only nice idea i've got so far is from a girl! Are all the guys in a funny mood tonight?
Reply 8
Hey, I don't know Conservative you are... some people go all their lives without trying it.
How about an iPod or something loaded with special songs and engraved with yours/his name and special dates etc?
hippieglitter
Funny the only nice idea i've got so far is from a girl! Are all the guys in a funny mood tonight?

Thankyou :smile:
If your boyfriend is the romantic type then I bet he would love a letter, even now my boyfriend still reads the one I sent him.
For valentines day, i put it in the post and everything. The message in a bottle came in a little box and the letter was on a scroll and had sand and shells in the bottle, was cute :biggrin:
Choccielatte
How about an iPod or something loaded with special songs and engraved with yours/his name and special dates etc?

Nice idea, but he already has an ipod and i can't afford one.
*Maybe an inexpensive gadget perhaps, us men love our gadgets to fidget around with.
*A voucher wouldn't quite cut it and wouldn't have much meaning
*If you're both free that night then I'd say make him a lovely dinner, take him out somewhere and possibly reconstruct memories which happen to be from the beginning of the relationship. I like doing that with my partner and it's a wonderful feeling :smile:
hippieglitter

For a moment there I thought I was reading "the only thing i've got so far is 'a girl':biggrin:
imoneofthem

*If you're both free that night then I'd say make him a lovely dinner, take him out somewhere and possibly reconstruct memories which happen to be from the beginning of the relationship. I like doing that with my partner and it's a wonderful feeling :smile:

Aww that sounds so sweet!
Maybe u can make somehting for him on top of other stuff you're getting him? my bf and i made something for each other during the summer as we didnt get to meet up much. He made me a clay hippo ( we just named it belly) and i made him stars and love hears in a jar. it was a jar half filled with hand made stars and some hand made love hears floating on top of the stars. it ws pretty :smile:

My anniversary is on Halloween!!
This may sound stupid....

But I saw those fairground "2p machines" on ebay.....and you know how you see £10 or £5 notes in them?

Well... you could write a romantic note; short one... cut it up. And fill the machine with some real or fake 2p coins and slot the bits of the note in the machine on top of the coins, so he'll have to play to get the note out.

You'll never forget that presnt in a hurry!

http://www.paramountzone.com/im/nov06/big/pennypush.jpg
Oh that looks rather nice + the idea is sweet :smile:
If you are interested in buying something like that Argos are selling those...otherwise something of a different design.

Regarding the person who posted about the message in the bottle:
http://www.violetandblue.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=6&gclid=CMGD8OKnr5YCFQ2Y1QodwH_zLg

I've been thinking about having a professional portrait made for me and my partner when it hits one year.
imoneofthem
*Maybe an inexpensive gadget perhaps, us men love our gadgets to fidget around with.
*A voucher wouldn't quite cut it and wouldn't have much meaning

*What kind of gaget did you have in mind, the only gadgets he really likes are expensive ones e.g. computer, hifi, tv/dvd.
*I wasn't planning on getting a voucher.
*He won't eat my cooking, god knows why. I can't think of any memories to reconstruct from the beginning of our relationship, he's not the soppy type.

I was thinking about a similar thing to my christmas idea; wrapping a shoe box in nice paper and filling it with all sorts of 'night in' goodies; one of his fave movies on blu-ray (he's just got a new blu-ray player), some Ann Summer's things (honey-pot, lube, toys etc.) some sweets or chocolate. What do you think?
Adding to my idea: You could put "love vouchers" as the prizes in the penny machine thing.

Latest