The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pour yourself a whisky and tell us all about it...
Reply 2
Excessive greed at a cost to our fellow man?
Reply 3
IMO, it's the people we are surrounded by and their lack of intelligence and competence.
ReLimp
Excessive greed at a cost to our fellow man?

Surely "greed" implies excessiveness?
Things aren't the way the were here. People, randomers, use to greet each other in streets. Now it is different, this sort of etiquette of a community has been replaced by an urban sort of arrogance (constant pissed off faces) that is almost unique to England, southern England. My mate just got back from Germany and he says its totally different there, maybe i'll have to go to find out though.
Reply 6
Heartbroken9
Times are changing....

the world runs short of love..i think
one word to sum up today's world: CRISIS
Reply 8
get out an it will be a wonderful place:p:
Nothing I love it.
Reply 10
The grass is always greener in the past.
I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company
I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills "Ah, peace throughout the land"
the media.

scaremongering (like the point above of people of people not greeting each other in the streets anymore, it's because everyone is scared of each other for no good reason, particularly with respect to the threat of peadophiles, simply because of what they've seen in the media), warped priorities in reporting (ie, celebrity culture vs real isssues) and a focus on materialism
I blame it on underwear getting smaller. If everyone still wore bloomers and long johns everything would be better.
Science is becoming a menace to civilisation...instruments of destruction, the mistreatment of our environment, technological boom with loss of traditional family values numbing the brains of the younger generation and killing the art of conversation, cruel farming techniques, exploitation of animals for research, materialism at the expense of others suffering, apathy prevails...where do I stop...
:frown:
Reply 16
Heartbroken9
Science is becoming a menace to civilisation...instruments of destruction, the mistreatment of our environment, technological boom with loss of traditional family values numbing the brains of the younger generation and killing the art of conversation, cruel farming techniques, exploitation of animals for research, materialism at the expense of others suffering, apathy prevails...where do I stop...

You can't blame science for the loss of "traditional family values". Science is not anomie, nor does science necessarily beget anomie.

I would say that I am a good conversationalist and I use technology everyday for at least several or more hours, and having been doing since I was born.

Of course, materialism can trap people and can perhaps lead to nihilism. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Reply 17
Over-population
thecaterpillar
I blame it on underwear getting smaller. If everyone still wore bloomers and long johns everything would be better.

Lol!!
I'm in it.

Latest

Trending

Trending