The Student Room Group

New Kellogg's Krave cereal is disgusting and tastes of sick

Hey student chums! I just tried this new Krave Cereal by Kellogg's! It tasted really bad and made me throw up in my mouth a little. :frown:

After trying Kellogg's Krave I had to bleach my tongue to get the taste out of it. Gross! Do not buy this cereal.

Seriously, I've noticed that if you Google "kelloggs krave", one of the spammed TSR threads show up on the front page of results, so maybe if this one gets a lot of traffic it'll become a fairly high result and turn the annoying ~social marketing~ spam campaign on its head. :colone:

Food for thought:

- Do you think this "social marketing" stuff actually has any effect, or is it just annoying?

- Am I actually helping Kellogg's by raising awareness of their obnoxious cereal despite slagging it off? (oops.)

- Nic Cage. What's up with that guy?

- Most importantly, did trying new Kellogg's Krave cereal make you poo blood?!

Scroll to see replies

it is pretty rank and stale tasting
I had a spoonful of new Kellogg's Krave cereal and it tasted like a dog had farted directly into my mouth :frown:
Reply 3
They're deffo not a new kind of cereal and yes, they are disgusting.
Reply 4
It looks ridiculously too sweet to be enjoyable.
Anatheme
They're deffo not a new kind of cereal and yes, they are disgusting.

Ah, have you spotted this stale monstrosity loose in the wild before?

I guess they're just attempting a marketing boost now because nobody is buying it because it tastes like ass.
Reply 6
generic hybrid
I had a spoonful of new Kellogg's Krave cereal and it tasted like a dog had farted directly into my mouth :frown:

there's something wrong with you.

love, george
I heard it tastes like rooster... they must be really desperate.
They sound nice. I haven't tried them yet though.
What's wrong with coco pops? Or weetabix? Or frosties? Or cornflakes? Or rice crispies? Or cheerios?

Srsly - we don't need to be addicted to cereal.
Reply 10
generic hybrid
Ah, have you spotted this stale monstrosity loose in the wild before?

I guess they're just attempting a marketing boost now because nobody is buying it because it tastes like ass.

Yeah, in various European countries (although they're quite nice in France), and also in cheap supermarkets in England :holmes:
Except in wasn't Kellogs, making them, I don't think.
Anatheme
Yeah, in various European countries (although they're quite nice in France), and also in cheap supermarkets in England :holmes:
Except in wasn't Kellogs, making them.

Yeah, I think I've seen similar things in Aldi or Lidl. For cheaper. :yy:

I find the whole premise of "craving" cereal quite odd tbh. Are we supposed to want to snort the stuff?
Reply 12
generic hybrid
Hey student chums! I just tried this new Krave Cereal by Kellogg's! It tasted really bad and made me throw up in my mouth a little. :frown:

After trying Kellogg's Krave I had to bleach my tongue to get the taste out of it. Gross! Do not buy this cereal.

Seriously, I've noticed that if you Google "kelloggs krave", one of the spammed TSR threads show up on the front page of results, so maybe if this one gets a lot of traffic it'll become a fairly high result and turn the annoying ~social marketing~ spam campaign on its head. :colone:

Food for thought:

- Do you think this "social marketing" stuff actually has any effect, or is it just annoying?

- Am I actually helping Kellogg's by raising awareness of their obnoxious cereal despite slagging it off? (oops.)

- Nic Cage. What's up with that guy?

- Most importantly, did trying new Kellogg's Krave cereal make you poo blood?!

Love the anti-branding message, poor nic.
- social marketing can work, but its not about trying to trick, deviece and con your target market, when it does work, its about being open, honest and helpful (and maybe funny with a viral)
- If kelloggs are happywith the current social marketing exercise (idiots being condescending), then i'd be surprised if they are not knocking at your door already to offer you a job
- Too many bad films and Kelloggs Krave
- yes

//edit - just re-read it, don't mean to imply that you are a condescending idiot, just that your animation is a step up from what kelloggs marketers have achieved so far
darigan
Love the anti-branding message, poor nic.
- social marketing can work, but its not about trying to trick, deviece and con your target market, when it does work, its about being open, honest and helpful (and maybe funny with a viral)
- If kelloggs are happywith the current social marketing exercise (idiots being condescending), then i'd be surprised if they are not knocking at your door already to offer you a job
- Too many bad films and Kelloggs Krave
- yes

//edit - just re-read it, don't mean to imply that you are a condescending idiot, just that your animation is a step up from what kelloggs marketers have achieved so far

lol, thanks for the clarification.

I think you're right about the importance of being open and funny; it's the crappy phoniness of the spammers that I find really grating.

If they want to hire me to do adverts with Nic Cage vomming up their cereal I'm totally up for it.
If you go to Google and type in "krave cereal" and hit "I'm Feeling Lucky", you get this thread.

Take that, spammers. :mfing:
Reply 15
generic hybrid
If you go to Google and type in "krave cereal" and hit "I'm Feeling Lucky", you get this thread.

Take that, spammers. :mfing:

sigh

The problem is now that since people are saying this cereal is so bad, I now want to try it amd perhaps trick others into trying it.

If you said it was amazing, I'd assume it was overhyped and I just wouldn't bother getting it.
Reply 16
Er, I bought some from WAITROSE and actually quite like it in small doses.
Shush, you're ruining my plan to singlehandedly destroy EVIL KRAVE CEREAL. :colonhash:

dfjr
sigh

The problem is now that since people are saying this cereal is so bad, I now want to try it amd perhaps trick others into trying it.

If you said it was amazing, I'd assume it was overhyped and I just wouldn't bother getting it.

noooo, don't do it. :frown: Fight the dark side!
Reply 18
I don't see what the surprise is :colonhash:
Reply 19
dfjr
sigh

dont do it, its:
Addictive like crack

Quote from here

Latest