The Student Room Group

Lost my National insurance number, need it for University student finance.......

Hi,

I was filling my student finance form out today and came across to the National insurance number box.

After searching my whole house, I still cant seem to find the number :frown:

What do i do.....???

Cheers
Reply 1
What do I do if I have lost my National Insurance number card?

Report it to your nearest DWP office, Social Security office in Northern Ireland or HM Revenue & Customs office. If you want a replacement card you will need to complete an application form. Remember that you are only allowed one replacement.

You'll need to apply for a replacement card, as above, and then fill in the form. As you've left it until now, you may struggle to meet deadlines but hopefully the process should be relatively quick.
Reply 2
cpj1987
What do I do if I have lost my National Insurance number card?

Report it to your nearest DWP office, Social Security office in Northern Ireland or HM Revenue & Customs office. If you want a replacement card you will need to complete an application form. Remember that you are only allowed one replacement.

You'll need to apply for a replacement card, as above, and then fill in the form. As you've left it until now, you may struggle to meet deadlines but hopefully the process should be relatively quick.

Reply 3
if you call them, they can just give you your national insurance number over the phone. thats what i did when i lost mine, cause it takes a long time for you to actually get your new card. and you can only ever get one replacement!
so yeah, just ring them and write it down. i saved mine in my phone :smile: x
Reply 4
Go to a job centre with your passport/driving licence and then they'll give it to you on the spot x
Or if you work it'll be on your payslip, or any letters you've got to do with tax.

I lost the card about a week after I got it so I rang up and they sent me a letter with it on it. That's probably better than just getting it over the phone because when I got my first job they needed written evidence of my NI number.
Reply 6
rayray10
if you call them, they can just give you your national insurance number over the phone. thats what i did when i lost mine, cause it takes a long time for you to actually get your new card. and you can only ever get one replacement!
so yeah, just ring them and write it down. i saved mine in my phone :smile: x

Hey,
Who do i call to get my NI number???:confused:
Reply 7
hasin_arshad
Hey,
Who do i call to get my NI number???:confused:

'contacting the National Insurance Registrations Helpline on 0845 915 7006 (lines open 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday)'
hope that helps x
Reply 8
Original post by hasin_arshad
Hi,

I was filling my student finance form out today and came across to the National insurance number box.

After searching my whole house, I still cant seem to find the number :frown:

What do i do.....???

Cheers

Hey, I've lost my National Insurance number (I cant find it in the house anywhere!) and I need it quite soon. I looked at this forum and was just wondering how you got a replacement and how long did it take?

Thanks
Original post by *Sparkle*
Go to a job centre with your passport/driving licence and then they'll give it to you on the spot x

what if you've never signed up at the job centre??
Original post by A100whoo

groan!!!

They will have access to everyone's
Original post by A100whoo

doesn't matter they'll still have it.
Reply 12
Yeah, that's pretty easy to get hold of! HMRC will give it to you over the phone after a lot of security questions, the job centre will have it aswell.
oh my gawd. you could diee.

No seriously just call HMR and they'll send it if they're not retarded as they were for me you should receive it in the post.
What number did u call ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending