The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i've been up since 8:15 but for some reason everyone was up really early today. everyones gone back to bed though and now i have to revise :frown:
Original post by JWH
Urgh hangover though not a bad one, last night was pretty good though bar the fact me and a friend got turned down at the door for being "too drunk" which was bull as the girls in front of us who had predrunk with us and were nearly on the floor before we left got in fine so in other words we weren't allowed in because there were too many people queueing :unimpressed: but then went to a different place which had much better music with some coursemates instead which was rather awesome

I'm sorry I'm afraid I don't understand this 'hangover' of which you speak :tongue:

I'm sorry didn't mean to be rude. It's just after 3 strong cocktails, a bottle of cider and a double cherry sourz shot It's hard not to gloat over my condition this morning.

Did you know it's a legal offence to serve drunk people knowingly? Meaning that if they let the girls in and served them they were breaking the law. Which is not cool.

Athough I did do something last night that I only have fuzzy memories of, I watched the Gravitation OVA inspite of finding the series really frustrating to watch. I know this because it's now on my anime planet watching list. I seem to have rated just two and a half stars though :giggle:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by The_Pudding_Earl

I'm sorry I'm afraid I don't understand this 'hangover' of which you speak :tongue:

I'm sorry didn't mean to be rude. It's just after 3 strong cocktails, a bottle of cider and a double cherry sourz shot It's hard not to gloat over my condition this morning.

Did you know it's a legal offence to serve drunk people knowingly? Meaning that if they let the girls in and served them they were breaking the law. Which is not cool.

Athough I did do something last night that I only have fuzzy memories of, I watched the Gravitation OVA inspite of finding the series really frustrating to watch. I know this because it's now on my anime planet watching list. I seem to have rated just two and a half stars though :giggle:

thats a hilarious thing to do when drunk! :rofl:

i did once prove to a bar tender that i was sober enough to be served by demonstarating walking in a straight line. dont think i was very convincing and they probably were just rewarding my effort when they served me :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm finding ways to waste time until the big 24 ep Bokurano marathon this afternoon. :giggle: I'm tired of getting interrupted half way through anime episodes, even if the things I'm being invited to do are way better. :p:
Reply 84

That's nothing I drunk more than that in our guitar hero drinking game the other day :tongue: well at least you didn't do what someone on my course did and by a wet suit off ebay while drunk :laugh:

Though I'm really pissed off over us two not getting in, the others were fine as they were with the girls were behind them though and he just pushed us aside without even looking at us saying we were too drunk. He queued up again as his girlfriend got in but I really couldn't be ****ed after that and some coursemates were walking past and asked me to go with them as the exact same thing had happened to them so I went somewhere else which was awesome

edit: it turns out actually all the guys out of the group of us were thrown out of the line for being "too drunk" :unimpressed:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Annaconda

i did once prove to a bar tender that i was sober enough to be served by demonstarating walking in a straight line. dont think i was very convincing and they probably were just rewarding my effort when they served me :colondollar:

Yeah, hilarious... Now I either have to wait until the next time I'm drunk enough or watch the last episode of the OVA sober and get really, really angry. What was I thinking?!!

I think it's charming when people try and prove their sobriety and if they do a good enough job I tend to serve them one more drink but no more after that.

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm finding ways to waste time until the big 24 ep Bokurano marathon this afternoon. :giggle: I'm tired of getting interrupted half way through anime episodes, even if the things I'm being invited to do are way better. :p:

Maybe find a bunch of short anime that are like 5 mins per episode? Even then if you get interupted you can just finish what you're doing quickly.
Another thread more madness :pcguru:
Reply 87
Someone hates me, Missed another picture Spam :cry2:
Reply 88
Original post by Annaconda

Ah I've never had a bartender refuse to serve me even though there has been times I was buying like 5 drinks and I completely pissed :proud: in fairness it's rather difficult to tell I'm drunk as I have good control over myself even when pissed. The only thing that gives me away is the fact I lose the ability to talk as I try to talk so fast my words just mush into one but in clubs and bars all you have to do is just shout drinks at them as it's so loud which helps me :giggle:
Maybe find a bunch of short anime that are like 5 mins per episode? Even then if you get interupted you can just finish what you're doing quickly.

I stupidly decided to marathon the last 6 episodes of Momoiro Sisters last night, so I'm all out of shorts, at least from what I have on my hard drives. :p:

Think I'll read the Oor Wullie annual I got for Christmas instead; it's weird because the three annuals I already had featured comic strips from the 1930s-60s, but this one is more recent. I can't get used to the same characters sending emails or playing Xbox. :p:
Reply 90
ooo A new thread :gah:

What is happening in the old one though? I opened it up to a barrage of spamming picture :afraid:

Although they were quite cool :yep:
Reply 91
Original post by JWH

edit: it turns out actually all the guys out of the group of us were thrown out of the line for being "too drunk" :unimpressed:

clubs often do that because they dont want too many men in there:sadnod:

usually this can be avoided by not going to such clubs again because they must be pretty poor if they have to resort to that :s:

Original post by Facticity
ooo A new thread :gah:

What is happening in the old one though? I opened it up to a barrage of spamming picture :afraid:

Although they were quite cool :yep:

the thread always ends with pic spam :wink:
Reply 92

Original post by vin

the thread always ends with pic spam :wink:

:awesome: Next time I may join in, I don't feel qualified to do so right now :getmecoat:

However, love the OP vin :yep: I think the camp mello was inappropriately appropriate :giggle:

Who was the fiery flame girl though? I thought for sure you would have had some Shakugan... or Katekyoushi in there :coma:

Or the better DMC :teehee:
Reply 93
:hifro:

:cool:

:sexface:

:pierre:
Original post by kingrudding
If you haven't already, I would also recommend Uzumaki, it is... odd, but well worth the read.

Then in reciprocation, I recommend 'Franken Fran' which is an amusing body horror manga and puts detail to great use. :yep:

Regarding Historie - have you reached chapter 20 yet? Such a tear jerker... :tongue:
I see we're on a new thread :O

Student loan is in :woo: Time to buy a sleeve for my Macbook and MS Office: Mac <3
Reply 96

:awesome: Next time I may join in, I don't feel qualified to do so right now :getmecoat:

However, love the OP vin :yep: I think the camp mello was inappropriately appropriate :giggle:

Who was the fiery flame girl though? I thought for sure you would have had some Shakugan... or Katekyoushi in there :coma:

Or the better DMC :teehee:

someone from touhou, not sure who

there's a lack of good fire pics on the interweb:s-smilie:
Reply 97

Notice the lower deaths :awesome:

:smug:
Reply 98
Original post by Keoje

Original post by Keoje

Notice the lower deaths :awesome:

:smug:

:shock:

why is this thread in AAm :lolwut: some kind of celebrity look alike thing http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1516235
(edited 13 years ago)
i dyed my hair purple on monday but most of the dye washed out today so i decided to re-dye it and now it looks awesome :awesome:

Latest