The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
luckylaura05
whats the lowest calorie alcoholic drink about? i guess its gonna be diet coke and something... any others?
xxx

......... what :confused:
Reply 2
alcoholic drinks with the least calories are vodka/bacardi/gin with lemonade, tonic, diet coke. beer cider and lager are the most fattening! apparently a pint of guiness is the equivalent of a roast dinner!!!
luckylaura05
whats the lowest calorie alcoholic drink about? i guess its gonna be diet coke and something... any others?
xxx

Diet coke is crap. It's worse for you than regular coke. And it would be better to drink the alcohol without it if you want fewer calories. Beer is obviously off the menu (esp. my beloved Guinness) but I'm not exactly sure which to go for... A spirit, but which one? I suppose something with a high Methanol content, rather than Ethanol, because its a shorter hydrocarbon... Although that could be *******s. Why not just drink less if you want to watch your weight?

--------------

angel_flo
apparently a pint of guiness is the equivalent of a roast dinner!!!

Nah... that can't be right...
angel_flo
vodka/bacardi/gin

Is correct.

Pick any clear spirit for a (relatively) low calorie alcoholic drink.
Reply 5
luckylaura05
xxx

Drink neat vodka, if you don't mind being called an alcoholic.
But remeber your body will burn of the sugars in the alcohol first and leave the fat. :wink:
Reply 7
Pure alcohol contains 7 calories per gram.

If you don't want to be a fat arse like me, then I suppose you'll have to lay off the drink. :wink:
Reply 8
clear spirit and ice cold water, bam, lowest cals alcoholic drink there is.
Reply 9
The Mudman
Diet coke is crap. It's worse for you than regular coke. And it would be better to drink the alcohol without it if you want fewer calories. Beer is obviously off the menu (esp. my beloved Guinness) but I'm not exactly sure which to go for... A spirit, but which one? I suppose something with a high Methanol content, rather than Ethanol, because its a shorter hydrocarbon... Although that could be *******s. Why not just drink less if you want to watch your weight?

Methanol will also turn you blind and kill you. More concerning than losing a few pounds.

I think tonic water has quite a lot of calories too, not sure though.

Basically any alcoholic drink will have quite a large calorie count per volume, because you can metabolise ethanol itself (which is where the calories in spirits mostly come from) - either directly or turn it to fat, and beer etc has sugars and other carbs from the fermenting process.

Basically, if you want to lose weight, you have to cut down the amount you're drinking, rather than change it to something with marginally fewer calories.
Reply 10
angel_flo
apparently a pint of guiness is the equivalent of a roast dinner!!!

I think that the average roast dinner is over 170 calories.
angel_flo
alcoholic drinks with the least calories are vodka/bacardi/gin with lemonade, tonic, diet coke. beer cider and lager are the most fattening! apparently a pint of guiness is the equivalent of a roast dinner!!!

you can get low calorie larger now (I cannt remeber its name) but Ive never seen anywhere sell it, has anybody tried it?

EDIT. After a quick google search by the look of it you can get a few low calorie and low carb largers, but even so I cannt say Ive ever seen any, and has anybody tried any (any recomendations?)
Reply 12
I thought white wine was fairly low cal? xx
Reply 13
vodka and diet coke is probably the best as far as low calories go. when at home i like to drink vodka sugar free squash and soda water as thats less bad for u than coke. avoid malibu as its twice the calories but half the percentage of something like vodka or gin. also dry white sprizers with soda are ok calorie wise and a bit yummy
Helenia
Methanol will also turn you blind and kill you.

Meh. Depends how badly she wants to lose the pounds doesn't it?
Reply 15
The Mudman
Meh. Depends how badly she wants to lose the pounds doesn't it?

:rofl:... that was just about the worst advice i'd ever heard on TSR... fantastic... i hope you enjoy your methanol, lol
Revenged
:rofl:... that was just about the worst advice i'd ever heard on TSR... fantastic... i hope you enjoy your methanol, lol

in fairness though dead people cant put on weight so I suppose it could work, or meby you could try bleach if you fancied a variation on the old methanol :biggrin:
OK, that was a joke for those of you who didn't realise... I wasn't recommending its consumption, I just figured the OP was savvy enough to work out not to drink the stuff.
--------------

And from a purely scientific point of view, you can't argue with the fact that Methanol has fewer calories than Ethanol, and the OP asked which was the lowest calorie alcoholic drink, not which is the lowest and safest...
foxo
I think that the average roast dinner is over 170 calories.

Ok my bad! just going on what I had heard...no need to make me look stupid :confused:
Reply 19
you can get low cal bacardi breezers....god knows why anyone would wanna drink them especailly if theyre low cal haha

Latest

Trending

Trending