The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringGenius

Well we have a medicine advisor who made half the group of 30 leave. I was unaffected as I already knew it form TSR :colone:

I hear there's going rumours of a Cambridge 'ToWIE'. I so want to be the eccentric medic everyone thinks how the **** did he get in?. For the bantz.

Thats a good thing - less competition for us :ninja:

A Cambridge TOWIE? That's blasphemy :nooo:

So you want to apply to Cambridge eh :holmes: Where else are you thinking of applying to?
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
Thats a good thing - less competition for us :ninja:

A Cambridge TOWIE? That's blasphemy :nooo:

So you want to apply to Cambridge eh :holmes: Where else are you thinking of applying to?

Insuppose less competition is a good thing :evil:

Cambridge TOWIE? It would be greater than the epic of Gilgamesh... With twice the homerotic fornication :sexface:

And Im nit saying anything until I get my AS results :-(
Hey everyone! I'm a second year medical student! I have a channel on youtube 'mymediclife' just type it in! I add 3-4 videos a week and PROMISE to respond to any questions within 48 hours (usually 24)!
Reply 203
Original post by matthewleonard1

Hey everyone! I'm a second year medical student! I have a channel on youtube 'mymediclife' just type it in! I add 3-4 videos a week and PROMISE to respond to any questions within 48 hours (usually 24)!

Useful videos! :biggrin:
Reply 204
Im off for my first day volunteering at British Heart Foundation, Im quite looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 205
I got asked today if you could still do medicine if you retook your AS year of A-levels?

I wasn't sure?
Reply 206
Bristol... :daydreaming:
Anyone watching Nadal vs djokovic? Greeaaaaaaaat match :O
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jemine1
Useful videos! :biggrin:

Thank you, good feedback keeps me going :smile:

Youtube channel: MyMedicLife
Reply 209
Original post by Boom533

Original post by Boom533
Anyone watching Nadal vs djokovic? Greeaaaaaaaat match :O

:sexface:
Original post by fletchdd02
I got asked today if you could still do medicine if you retook your AS year of A-levels?

I wasn't sure?

Of course but it's harder to get in as you have to justify wasting a year of education when there were probably no good reasons why.
Original post by jemine1
:sexface:

YYEAAAAAAAH DJOKOVIC!!!!!

What. A. BEAAAAAAAAAAST :O
Reply 212
Original post by Boom533

Original post by Boom533

Yeah he's pretty hardcore, but he's also fresh meat. My loyalties gotta lie with Nadal/Federer
Reply 213
Original post by Boom533

Nonetheless, I hang my hat to his backhand. :hat2:
I wish I had a Ted Mosby in my life. #firstworldproblems
Original post by fletchdd02

I wasn't sure?

Depends on the medical school, usually you'll need extenuating circumstances.

If you retake the AS year whilst doing your A2 year (still take 2 years overall) then it's possible, but you'll probably need to apply with achieved grades (during a gap year)
If you take an extra year (3 years overall) then you have a real problem and will need to check with the universities to make sure you're eligible to apply.
This page covers it, but is more aimed at those that retake A2 year so will need checking for AS year retakes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies

Resitting modules is generally fine though, apart from places like oxbridge, UCL etc

Hi, to be honest i found some of these a bit misguided and some a bit patronizing, but some were OK.

I appreciate the thought but i think you've posted here a couple of times before and it get's a bit advertisingy, something to think about i guess.
Reply 217
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Depends on the medical school, usually you'll need extenuating circumstances.

If you retake the AS year whilst doing your A2 year (still take 2 years overall) then it's possible, but you'll probably need to apply with achieved grades (during a gap year)
If you take an extra year (3 years overall) then you have a real problem and will need to check with the universities to make sure you're eligible to apply.
This page covers it, but is more aimed at those that retake A2 year so will need checking for AS year retakes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies

Resitting modules is generally fine though, apart from places like oxbridge, UCL etc

Hey PSQ.

Lets say in Maths I were to get 85/100 UMS in C1, but then I decided to retake it to raise that to 95+ UMS bearing in mind 85 was still an A, would UCL/Oxbridge (that lot :tongue:) frown upon this?
Good afternoon :biggrin: just tidied my room and today I GOT A NEW PRINTER! Eeeeeeeeeeee!
Reply 219

Good afternoon :biggrin: just tidied my room and today I GOT A NEW PRINTER! Eeeeeeeeeeee!

It's a quarter past 7 :wink:

Latest