The Student Room Group

Why do women find the "ripped look" attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Sex with a ripped guy >>> sex with a really skinny guy. Just saying it like it is.
Reply 161
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
well, they do call me the horse whisperer for a reason. it does, did you say you're hard working? #error#error#error# all those errors prove you're not, since you're not skinny = lazy. statistics have proven that all hard workers are skinny and that all fatty ones hang out infront of the TV 25/8, that is 24/7 in reality and the rest in their dreams, so no you don't.

Tbh, that's your opinion. I'm not lazy just because I'm not skinny. Can't judge society that easily budddy. Bit narrow minded I would say :wink:
Original post by ElizM_94
Tbh, that's your opinion. I'm not lazy just because I'm not skinny. Can't judge society that easily budddy. Bit narrow minded I would say :wink:

that is not an opinion.. i just showed you statistics of proof, what more do you need? just realise it and take my advice before it is too late. be skinny = hard working. the only narrow-minded is the only that refuses advice.
Reply 163
Original post by laura130490
Probably because men who have good muscle tone and low body fat look fit and healthy, i.e good potential fathers with good genes. Not that when women look at "ripped men" they automatically think "wow he must have good genes for our potential babies", it's a subconscious thing. Like how most men are attracted to girls who have a good hip to waist ratio because it indicates fertility.

Except the ripped look is mostly due to time spent in the gym not genes. Obviously genes are part of it. The skinny guys have the low body fat without even going to the gym or eating a special diet.
Reply 164
true, girld are CRAZY for my sexy body, don't even know why. sometimes i wonder this too
Reply 165
Original post by *Rouge*
Sex with a ripped guy >>> sex with a really skinny guy. Just saying it like it is.

so true, my pelvic thrusts have become very powerful since i started doing squats
Reply 166
Original post by rogerharris
that makes more sense. Having muscles AND being ripped means the ability to have the aggression to store physical strength in muscle (a form of environmental currency) AND the being ripped means that the strength storage is still currently operating at a reasonable efficiency.

Having been built up myself and survived a lot of scrapes having grown up in a hard environment, i find that women who like me for these attributes tend to be pretty shallow. I keep myself pretty much covered up, and have a nerdy dress code, as I dont want a woman like that to be drawn to me. Anyway i let myself go physically a bit the past year, as i realised its just a stupid primal social signaling game. Far from putting other men off, your build actually attracts trouble.

jeez i got far better things to do with myself now, or at least thats what i say. yet every so often I miss the adrenaline of lifting the iron and having dangerous confrontations :colondollar:

Are you implying that I am shallow? I just meant that I prefer a strong and confident man who earns the respect of others because I am the total opposite. I don't mean I want someone who looks like a gangster, fights for fun etc. I obviously like smart people, but I noticed that the built ones not only are stronger physically, but also much more practical and I really want someone who can make me feel safe.
Reply 167
Original post by bmqib
true, girld are CRAZY for my sexy body, don't even know why. sometimes i wonder this too

Original post by bmqib
so true, my pelvic thrusts have become very powerful since i started doing squats

Do you even lift?
Reply 168
that makes more sense. Having muscles AND being ripped means the ability to have the aggression to store physical strength in muscle (a form of environmental currency) AND the being ripped means that the strength storage is still currently operating at a reasonable efficiency.

Having been built up myself and survived a lot of scrapes having grown up in a hard environment, i find that women who like me for these attributes tend to be pretty shallow. I keep myself pretty much covered up, and have a nerdy dress code, as I dont want a woman like that to be drawn to me. Anyway i let myself go physically a bit the past year, as i realised its just a stupid primal social signaling game. Far from putting other men off, your build actually attracts trouble.

jeez i got far better things to do with myself now, or at least thats what i say. yet every so often I miss the adrenaline of lifting the iron and having dangerous confrontations :colondollar:

all women are shallow like this but you just have to differentiate which ones are worth your time

agree with the other line
Original post by itzme
Are you implying that I am shallow? I just meant that I prefer a strong and confident man who earns the respect of others because I am the total opposite. I don't mean I want someone who looks like a gangster, fights for fun etc. I obviously like smart people, but I noticed that the built ones not only are stronger physically, but also much more practical and I really want someone who can make me feel safe.

IKES !! women are such pussies !!
Reply 170
Original post by bmqib

:perv:
on an unrelated subject i had a very strange dream last night which involved group sex, followed by all involved playing hockey in the park ! We found a load of broken hockey sticks in a cupboard in the park (dont ask !).

I finally found a good one and i offered it to one of these women who i recognized as a haughty post grad i know in real life.

"oh thats not a good enough stick for me" she said.

just thought i would throw that little story into the mix of this already crazy thread :biggrin:
Reply 172
on an unrelated subject i had a very strange dream last night which involved group sex, followed by all involved playing hockey in the park ! We found a load of broken hockey sticks in a cupboard in the park (dont ask !).

I finally found a good one and i offered it to one of these women who i recognized as a haughty post grad i know in real life.

just thought i would throw that little story into the mix of this already crazy thread :biggrin:

You are losing the plot, my friend. :smile:

This made more sense than all of the other posts put togethor including this one.
Original post by QwentyJ
Another point of pedantry - most modern sprinters haven't actually been that tall! Usain Bolt is just a freak of nature.

That's not very nice. :frown: Haha fair point. :tongue:
Original post by bmqib

Overcompensating for a cocktail sausage.
Reply 176
Original post by Electronica
Overcompensating for a cocktail sausage.

typical tsr response
Original post by Dark Horse

I'm just theorizing here, but back in ape days, surely the leader of the tribe would not go out to hunt? If lion culture is anything to go by, the rest of the tribe would go out to hunt and be under the orders of and wait upon the tribal leader. And common sense dictates that the hunter-gatherers would be more ripped than the tribal leader?

Perhaps that's it? The tribal leader can have the pick of the women and being ripped indicates a lower status and therefore more likely to be single?

I think theres a study somewhere that suggests women and tribal apes dont necessarily think the same......
Reply 178
op's reading too many pick up artist books
Original post by gm15
Except the ripped look is mostly due to time spent in the gym not genes. Obviously genes are part of it. The skinny guys have the low body fat without even going to the gym or eating a special diet.

Not every guy can get "ripped though" some guys are just naturally skinny and find it impossible to beef up like other men can. I would say that is genetic. Obviously back in the day it was advantageous for a guy to be strong and healthy, they could hunt and fight better, and not succumb to as many illnesses. They were good potential partners and fathers as they could provide for and protect their partners. Their offspring were likely to "take after" their father as well and be strong, fit and healthy.

Quick Reply

Latest