The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The official 'Glasgow is my firm!' thread 2012!

Scroll to see replies

I put QM and student apartments as my top three :smile: being processed now so should know for sure within a week I think? Having major trouble with my third subject though, damned curse of choice!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by ol7205
I've made glasgow my firm for business & management with french... so excited!! It's conditional though, but the conditions seem pretty reasonable as long as I revise, so fingers crossed!

High five! :smile: I might study French as well, I'll see what's available when choosing courses. I really hope to fulfill my conditions too!! My first exam is within a month... :eek:
Just firmed Glasgow!!!!!
See you all there in September!!:happy2:
Reply 103
Firmed Glasgow after the applicants day the other week and applied for accommodation :smile: I loved it so much there!
Reply 104
I'm having such difficulty choosing accommodation! I loved QM when I visited, but think I'd rather spend the extra £20 per week on going out or something! What did everyone think of Murano? From what I saw it was pretty nice but people seem to say they didn't like it that much? And I'm really interested to know more about Cairncross because there's not that much information on it! How many people to a flat? Or is it all open plan with no set flats? Confused! Haha :smile: x
I've just firmed English Literature at Glasgow! Can't wait xD
Original post by ol7205
I've made glasgow my firm for business & management with french... so excited!! It's conditional though, but the conditions seem pretty reasonable as long as I revise, so fingers crossed!

I firmed Glasgow for B&M with German a month ago.. can't wait! we probably have the same conditions, so good luck to you and hope to see you there after summer :biggrin:
Does anyone know if you can pick French or another language for your third subject if you only have it at AS Level?
:O I made this thread ages ago and I didn't even realise people had been commenting on it hahaha! Firmed Glasvegas for English Lit/ Scottish lit/ theatre studies and applied for a large flat at Murano Halls. I honestly don't understand the hoo har about Murano- the flats looked fine to me, and it's £800 cheaper than QM halls!? I suppose some people are going to get larger grants/loans than others, maybe. Either way, LET'S TAKE THE CITY BITCHES
Reply 109
Finally firmed Glasgow :smile: Can't wait !
Reply 110
Original post by la-penseur
Does anyone know if you can pick French or another language for your third subject if you only have it at AS Level?

Fairly sure that's more prior knowledge than some people will have.
Economics/Politics -> Firm :smile:
Next step - accommodation..
Accepted Glasgow's offer for Economics/Politics a couple nights ago :smile:
Original post by LonelySoul193
Accepted Glasgow's offer for Economics/Politics a couple nights ago :smile:

Nice to see someone, who will be doing the same course as me! ^_^
Reply 114
Firmed Economics / French a few days ago. Just the oh-so small matter of getting 34 IB points now! :|
Original post by Land of Nod
Nice to see someone, who will be doing the same course as me! ^_^

Ah wow, I didn't even notice your post right above mine! :colondollar:

Go team :biggrin:
Reply 116
Gods I finally grew a pair of balls to firm one of my Glasgow offers, and UCAS track is down for maintenance for the next few days! :shock: Marine & Freshwater Biology here I come.

Dang, I envy all of you invaders and your student accomodation. :tongue: Moving out would be awesome.

Lucky me gets to commute from the rather idyllic Yoker every morning. On the brightside I'll have all the luxuries and comforts of home to sink into every evening. :colone:
Original post by Sniggey

Lucky me gets to commute from the rather idyllic Yoker every morning. On the brightside I'll have all the luxuries and comforts of home to sink into every evening. :colone:

I'll be commuting from Helensburgh! At least you're closer :tongue:
I'm really humming and hawing about staying at home though. Hard decision really.
Reply 118
Original post by LonelySoul193
I'll be commuting from Helensburgh! At least you're closer :tongue:
I'm really humming and hawing about staying at home though. Hard decision really.

It must be. So near yet so far, eh?
I also firmed Glasgow for Environmental Science. The degree takes place at Dumfries Campus so is there anyone else who is going to go to Dumfries in September? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest