The Student Room Group

Israel bans UN human rights observers from entering the country

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam902100
My bad, I thought you were able to read between the lines...

I DO NOT agree with Israel killing innocent people simply because they 'believe' they have a right to the land.

Clear enough for you?

Let me know if you have any problems understanding it, I've tried to keep the sentences as short as I can so you don't get confused. :smile:

Nice, only this doesn't actually address anything we were talking about.
Reply 121
Original post by Aj12
Well its slightly difficult when Iran and many other embargoed nations have committed and commit worse crimes against their people than Israel.

Anyway this should not be used to score political points against one side or another. Israel is acting terribly here.

wrong. the crimes of Israel are incomparable to any other country against its crimes of human rights! I'm sorry, but isolation, hunger strikes due to wrongful imprisonment, torture, rape, terrorism, murder, the list goes on and on. true, Iran does do some heavy crap too, but Israel is off the scale!

its slightly difficult 'cause Britain is scared ****less of Israel and their protector America. nothing to do with pointing the finger.

btw, Iran is the new Iraq; # all about the money money money #
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
Nice, only this doesn't actually address anything we were talking about.

Good, I'm glad I finally got through to you.
Now, what are your opinions on Israel killing innocent people?
Only reason nothing has been done about Israel by the world police America is because they would lose the Jewish vote in the US.

They've been at all sorts of terrible stuff since they were set up there after the war, biggest chip on their shoulder!
Reply 124
Original post by Bey Taco
It is funny how the attitudes of the Jews and Muslims are so similar you might confuse them as being family.

I have never laughed so much in my life as I have laughed at this thread.

you're making the same mistake as everybody else. It is NOT about muslim/jew, its about the basic human rights of people being taken away from them under our noses, and nobody gives a damn. it is about the immoral murder, the massacres of people. the tortures of people, old men being made to line up in their underwear across the border, then getting shot in front of the women in the cars. it is about the humiliation of a people. it is about the rape of the little girls, the elderly, and everything inbetween. it is about the kidnapping of children. it is about the arrest of the 2 year old (i dint not miss out a number, i mean TWO) boy for trhownig a stone at a tank. it is about people getting terrorised in their homes, their living rooms. mums standing infront of barrels, so their kids dont have to. people hurting. it is about the HUMAN people! like you and me! it is about wrong and right!!!!

israel-palestine-conflict-2.jpg

this isn't just for you, it's for everyone that doesn't know.
Good, I'm glad I finally got through to you.
Now, what are your opinions on Israel killing innocent people?

Indeed, you clearly stated your opinion on something for the first time, but on something that is quite irrelevant to the discussion. if you recall, you initially entered into this discussion with an enigmatic comment upon my characterisation of the map, yet you have been nothing but evasive when it comes to actually committing to a position.

What I am wondering right now is why you are asking my to render my opinion on a fictional scenario when there are so many real issues to discuss.
Reply 126
Original post by snozzle
The UN is a farce in so many ways. For example you have the Decolonisation Committee of 24, which includes China who currently occupy Tibet and claim Taiwan despite almost nobody in those territories wanting to be part of China. This is made possible by a sort of double-think which on one hand says people should be able to have self-determination, but on the other hand says territorial integrity is supreme. The result is in practice a kind of anti-west bias which says western colonialism is bad but colonialism by anyone else is ok.

Israel has good reason to be suspicious of the UN.

no. it is the other way around. actually, the UN along with the rest of the world should not be suspicious, because they know what is going on there. they should be DOING SOMETHING. STOPPING THEM!
Original post by MariamB
wrong. the crimes of Israel are incomparable to any other country against its crimes of human rights! I'm sorry, but isolation, hunger strikes due to wrongful imprisonment, torture, rape, terrorism, murder, the list goes on and on. true, Iran does do some heavy crap too, but Israel is off the scale!

its slightly difficult 'cause Britain is scared ****less of Israel and their protector America. nothing to do with pointing the finger.

Original post by MariamB
you're making the same mistake as everybody else. It is NOT about muslim/jew, its about the basic human rights of people being taken away from them under our noses, and nobody gives a damn. it is about the immoral murder, the massacres of people. the tortures of people, old men being made to line up in their underwear across the border, then getting shot in front of the women in the cars. it is about the humiliation of a people. it is about the rape of the little girls, the elderly, and everything inbetween. it is about the kidnapping of children. it is about the arrest of the 2 year old (i dint not miss out a number, i mean TWO) boy for trhownig a stone at a tank. it is about people getting terrorised in their homes, their living rooms. mums standing infront of barrels, so their kids dont have to. people hurting. it is about the HUMAN people! like you and me! it is about wrong and right!!!!

israel-palestine-conflict-2.jpg

this isn't just for you, it's for everyone that doesn't know.

The only problem is, your description of this fictional 'Israel' doesn't actually correspond to the Israel that exists in the real world. Hence why we don't actually take you seriously: because we don't base our views off of fiction. There are a lot of people, including in all likelihood the majority of the world's Muslims, who will believe anything about teh evil j00z, no matter how far fetched, and we see that displayed here.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 128
Original post by MariamB

They really are. Unless you think Israel is worse than the crimes committed in Rwanda that left 800,000 dead?

How is Britain scared of Israel? Why would we be?

Yes I'm sure after pissing a trillion dollars up the wall in Iraq America is going to invade Iran for money.
Israel isn't the worst in the world, it is pretty nasty, but there are many comparable conflicts.
Reply 130
Original post by MariamB
no. it is the other way around. actually, the UN along with the rest of the world should not be suspicious, because they know what is going on there. they should be DOING SOMETHING. STOPPING THEM!

Stoping what exactly? Hamas firing rockets everyday? Hsmas kidnapping IDF soliders? Hezzbollah kidnapping IDF soliders?
Reply 131
The only problem is, your description of this fictional 'Israel' doesn't actually correspond to the Israel that exists in the real world. Hence why we don't actually take you seriously: because we don't base our views off of fiction. There are a lot of people, including in all likelihood the majority of the world's Muslims, who will believe anything about teh evil j00z, no matter how far fetched, and we see that displayed here.

which part of:
"IT'S NOT ABOUT MUSLIM/JEW"

don't you understand??

no, YOU dont take me seriously, because you dont want to. stop imposing your opinions on others! so the 2000 hunger strikers, just made up was it??
these pictures, all photo shop?? the vid links? just some REALLY GOOD actors/actresses??
google it. dont waste my time.
Original post by MariamB
which part of:
"IT'S NOT ABOUT MUSLIM/JEW"

don't you understand??

no, YOU dont take me seriously, because you dont want to. stop imposing your opinions on others! so the 2000 hunger strikers, just made up was it??
these pictures, all photo shop?? the vid links? just some REALLY GOOD actors/actresses??
google it. dont waste my time.

I apologise for 'imposing my opinion' that we should only believe things which are actually true. Try looking back at the ridiculous things you have claimed.

A full list of your frothy nonsense accusations so far includes (removing duplication):

a) the crimes of Israel are incomparable to any other country

b) isolation

c) hunger strikes due to wrongful imprisonment

d) torture

e) terrorism

f) the basic human rights of people being taken away from them under our noses

g) the massacres of people

h) old men being made to line up in their underwear across the border, then getting shot in front of the women in the cars

i) the humiliation of a people

j) the rape of the little girls, the elderly, and everything inbetween

k) the kidnapping of children

l) the arrest of the 2 year old

m) people getting terrorised in their homes

o) mums standing infront of barrels, so their kids dont have to

p) people hurting

Practically all of these claims, including all the serious ones, are clearly ludicrous. All you have provided by way of evidence is a picture of a soldier, a woman, and two girls arranged in a way which might possibly be interpreted to show o), if you ignore the actual angle of the weapon, and a vague reference to the availability of evidence for c) when in reality there is only evidence for the first part of the statement, that people have gone on hunger strike, not that they have been wrongly imprisoned.

All the frothing in the world can't make these things true.
Reply 133
Gosh.. Should THE "UN" not focus on à country like syria
Indeed, you clearly stated your opinion on something for the first time, but on something that is quite irrelevant to the discussion. if you recall, you initially entered into this discussion with an enigmatic comment upon my characterisation of the map, yet you have been nothing but evasive when it comes to actually committing to a position.

What I am wondering right now is why you are asking my to render my opinion on a fictional scenario when there are so many real issues to discuss.

You wouldn't know non fiction till it came up and slapped you on the face.
You should be an MP.
Don't waste my time.
You should be an MP.
Don't waste my time.

You do have trouble with this whole 'discussion' concept, don't you?
You do have trouble with this whole 'discussion' concept, don't you?

I think you getting a little confused. I asked you to simply state your opinion and every time you manage to come up with a lame excuse. Whats the matter? Just say it...
I apologise for 'imposing my opinion' that we should only believe things which are actually true. Try looking back at the ridiculous things you have claimed.

A full list of your frothy nonsense accusations so far includes (removing duplication):

a) the crimes of Israel are incomparable to any other country

b) isolation

c) hunger strikes due to wrongful imprisonment

d) torture

e) terrorism

f) the basic human rights of people being taken away from them under our noses

g) the massacres of people

h) old men being made to line up in their underwear across the border, then getting shot in front of the women in the cars

i) the humiliation of a people

j) the rape of the little girls, the elderly, and everything inbetween

k) the kidnapping of children

l) the arrest of the 2 year old

m) people getting terrorised in their homes

o) mums standing infront of barrels, so their kids dont have to

p) people hurting

Practically all of these claims, including all the serious ones, are clearly ludicrous. All you have provided by way of evidence is a picture of a soldier, a woman, and two girls arranged in a way which might possibly be interpreted to show o), if you ignore the actual angle of the weapon, and a vague reference to the availability of evidence for c) when in reality there is only evidence for the first part of the statement, that people have gone on hunger strike, not that they have been wrongly imprisoned.

All the frothing in the world can't make these things true.

I'd love to see some evidence here then, since you are so adamant that you are right and every piece of evidence somone else shows you are "misconseptions" or "characterisations" . . . :wink:
I think you getting a little confused. I asked you to simply state your opinion and every time you manage to come up with a lame excuse. Whats the matter? Just say it...

Actually, what you said was

You should be an MP.
Don't waste my time.
I'd love to see some evidence here then, since you are so adamant that you are right and every piece of evidence somone else shows you are "misconseptions" or "characterisations" . . . :wink:

Did you actually read the post? This is a list of things someone else has claimed without providing any evidence, not claims that I have made myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending