The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abcrew
I haven't managed to get to many games this season due to being at university in Newcastle. Have a season card but have only managed to get back for the all the Cup and Champions League matches and 5 prem games. Mainly been letting my season card be used for free to friends still at uni in Manchester. Not liking the Derby being on a Monday night because I can't get back for it without missing 2 lectures :frown:

Hoping for Champions League football up in Newcastle, just don't think that Newcastle have a big enough squad to deal with the Premiership campaign as well. Mike Ashley would have to invest heavily but I don't think he will.

Good to see people explaining why they neg rep you :/

Thats a killer mate, newcastle to manc is a fair slog. To be honest, I get to most of the London aways, and about 5/6 hgome matches a season, but its not as many as I want to. Plus, now that I live down south, I only have a blue membership, so I have to wait while the season ticket holders take priority. Which is fair enough but the smaller allocation aways normally sell out before I can get tickets unfortunately. Yeah am gutted about the derby n all, and QPR on the last day. It'll be the first derby I've missed for ages, my fault though, never got round to seeing when they went on sale!

I think you're right about newcastle matey, but their support is good.

Not sure what neg rep is mate? sorry
Reply 3161
Original post by Abcrew

I'm optimistic simply because I believe we will soon dominate the prem. Liverpool have fallen away completely and I think Arsenal are in a similar situation as they seem to be losing all of their key players. If RVP goes, then they will struggle for goals next season. Chelsea can't seem to get any long term plans going as Abramovich seems to love sacking managers over and over again.

Bull****! And you'll be the same as Chelsea if you want my thoughts! The only successful teams are ones that are built for the future. Just look at how you've done this season.

Though there's no doubt if you did the same next season but won something and got the winning momentum going that you could be successful, have to build it from there though.
Original post by Jim-Jam
Bull****! And you'll be the same as Chelsea if you want my thoughts! The only successful teams are ones that are built for the future. Just look at how you've done this season.

Though there's no doubt if you did the same next season but won something and got the winning momentum going that you could be successful, have to build it from there though.

to be fair, our owners are quite different to ambramovic. You only need look at the stadium expansion plans, the redevelopment they've been doing in ardwick.

I think the players we buy shows investment in the future as well, look at our squad, its a pretty young team...

agree with the second half of your post though. I've been screaming out for stability and am firmly in mancini's court
Reply 3163
Original post by RoaminBlue
to be fair, our owners are quite different to ambramovic. You only need look at the stadium expansion plans, the redevelopment they've been doing in ardwick.

I think the players we buy shows investment in the future as well, look at our squad, its a pretty young team...

agree with the second half of your post though. I've been screaming out for stability and am firmly in mancini's court

True. That seems like they're just trying to be bigger and better but if a lot of work's going into it then fine.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3164

United were so bad.
Original post by RoaminBlue

We had a pretty young team too and we buy young players usually. Robben, cech, carvalho, essien, drogba, duff were all young when we bought them hence why they're all still playing right now at the highest level. We've now bought mata, ramires, luiz, marin, sturridge, de bruyne and others too recently, all young players as you would call it.

We've been trying to redevelop stamford bridge too but it's hard as there's no space in london for it and we need to get the shareholders cut of the stadium first too. We actually have a long term plan, just that we sack a lot of managers doesn't mean that chelsea haven't planned for the future of the club.
Oh yeah, united were piss poor today, they offered **** all, you got the easiest 1-0 win you could possibly get. You were in control since the 30th minute and if you actually tried could have scored at will. Was a terrible match in all honesty, but a wins a win, well done city. Don't really care who wins the league, but if you win it, it's deserved.
Reply 3167
Wasn't the best performance by either team tonight, but City were resilient. Defence was top notch. Where's fergie's squeaky-bum time gone? :tongue:
Get your kits in next season, yous just signed a deal with Nike that come in from 2013. They make the worst kits ever known to man.
This thread still exists?
Reply 3170
A match thread for the Newcastle game is now up, so please take discussion regarding the game here. :h:
Yaya Toure. If there is a man who City can rely on to come up with the goods over and over again, it's him. Incredible, what a player.
Reply 3172
That was painful and brilliant at the same time.
Nearly there......
I don't know why Arsene Wnger didn't sign him, all those years ago
Well played today guys, thoroughly deserved.

I don't know where you'd be without Yaya though, however. :h:
Reply 3176
Left TSR as I thought my absence would be a constant reminder of the inherent corruption in English football.

But this was too delicious to miss. Mancini has master minded this. For starters the comments about the referees combined with his insistence the league was over put an end to the corrupt referees, they just didn't need to risk blowing their cover protecting a title they thought was already won. So following that United dropped 5 points with ease. Then in our game when it mattered we were imperious, they couldn't even claim a penalty when they didn't have a shot on goal. Then today was just fantastic in the face of Webb's best attempts.
So us winning us proof of corruption, and us losing is proof of corruption. You are funny :awesome:
Reply 3178
I'm a United fan but today its hats off to City. You have an incredible team and good luck for the future.

As for United, I don't know.
Yeah, will need to get the Glazers to write a bigger check to the FA to make sure this doesnt happen again.

Quick Reply