The Student Room Group

Can a university accept me if I get AAA instead of an A*AA offer.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sharp910sh
well it will not be automatic, she/he will have to ask. so the op can get aaa and not have to worry.

Are you trying to set a record for the most incorrect information imparted in one thread? The university might well confirm an offer to a candidate that doesn't attain the requirement without having to be called by the candidate. In fact this is more likely to be the way it happens.
if you make or exceed your firm offer they are obliged to accept you

if you don't make your firm offer they are not obliged to take you but may choose to do so to maximise the number of places taken up

if you do not make you firm offer and they don't offer you a place , BUT, you have made your insurance offer they are obliged to take you, your insurance offer may also take you if you do not make their offer - again becasue they want to fill their palces ...
Reply 62
Original post by Good bloke
Are you trying to set a record for the most incorrect information imparted in one thread? The university might well confirm an offer to a candidate that doesn't attain the requirement without having to be called by the candidate. In fact this is more likely to be the way it happens.

Well why would they? Makes no sense to be. As far as i know all the people on my course who didnt get their grade had to ask the uni to be accepted. The only reason the uni would accept if the course was undersubscribed.
Well why would they? Makes no sense to be.

Don't be silly. Why do you think universities receive A level reuslts several days before the candidates? It is to give them time to consider their decisions and post them on UCAS Track. Huge numbers of candidates know from there that they have been accepted before they see their exam results.
Well why would they? Makes no sense to be. As far as i know all the people on my course who didnt get their grade had to ask the uni to be accepted. The only reason the uni would accept if the course was undersubscribed.

I suggest you stop posting on this subject.
Reply 65
Original post by steve2005
I suggest you stop posting on this subject.

please be quiet kid.
Reply 66
The OP is backward, if you want to go to uni A work your arse off if not be quiet.
The OP is backward, if you want to go to uni A work your arse off if not be quiet.

You're giving out incorrect information.
did you ask to be accepted? or did they just accept you?

They just accepted me. It came up on my UCAS track.
Reply 69
what I understand after reading the post and replies, I was wondering if AAA is the CASS actual offer and stated that if you achieve A*AA you get a grant? the offer with the grant included shouldn't appear as a standard offer condition? :confused: To me seems you have both your insurance and firm of a same requirement.
BUT I guess the above is my misunderstanding:s-smilie:

I guess it would be better if you email UCAS for the most accurate and reliable reply, and email UCL after getting an advice from ucas and tell them your condition (about your financial reason and the reason your choose it as an insurance instead of a firm), since in my opinion, it might be a little bit late if you email them your situation after the release of the result, and we have to take into consideration that the course may not appear in clearing as well.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending