The Student Room Group

Psychology HL, P1, P2, P3 TZ2 2012

How did you guys all find the paper? Which questions did you do?
Reply 1
Paper 1 was lousy paper at best, but paper 2 and paper 3 made up for it. Especially paper 3 it was really good, I was so into it.
Reply 2
Paper 1 was ok, but I wish there had been better questions, especially for the cognitive SAQ! I did the Sociocultural LAQ, which was okay :smile:
Paper 2 I did Health "discuss one prevention strategy for obesity" and Abnormality "Discuss validity and reliability of diagnosis" which were both good!
And then paper 3 I thought was great.. I wasn't looking forward to it either at all :P
Reply 3
I thought that paper 1 was okay as well, I didn't like the biological SAQ which came up! It was the only question I said before the exam that I hope didn't come up! I did the sociocultural LAQ, it was the one I was hoping for and the one I was best at so I was very happy :biggrin:. P2 was okay, for abnormal I didn't like the reliability Q that much, but it is the one that I did. I feel I managed to write enough on it though, just maybe not enough studies. I also studied human relationships and I hated the Q as I had focused on violence! P3 I thought was great until when I came out the exam and realized for the sampling techniques I had written random sampling rather than snow balling or something and that it isn't in our IB text book, so do you think that it still counts?
Reply 4
I liked all the SAQ's, I thought they were pretty sweet :biggrin:

then I got to the LAQ's and I was like... what is this sorcery... I chose the conformity question, which was the only one I knew best...but not sufficiently enough.. :frown:

As for P2, I did the question on group therapy in abnormal behaviour, which was pretty good I must say :biggrin:

So I'm hoping my paper 2 will pull up my half failed paper 1 :-SSS
Reply 5
P1...I didnt like the CLA SAQ :PP

as for the essay I took the BLA and talked about the link between neurotransmitters and memory...hope it went alright...

P2...I took the one under -Health- about a method of coping with stress and in -Human Relationship- the factors affecting bystanderism...I managed to write a lot of bystanderism but not so much for -Health- option but I feel like I said all I could...

P3 I just kept writing and writing, dont know if most of it was relevant tho...i chose for purposive sampling...u guys think its alright??
Reply 6
Original post by cherryk
P1...I didnt like the CLA SAQ :PP

as for the essay I took the BLA and talked about the link between neurotransmitters and memory...hope it went alright...

P2...I took the one under -Health- about a method of coping with stress and in -Human Relationship- the factors affecting bystanderism...I managed to write a lot of bystanderism but not so much for -Health- option but I feel like I said all I could...

P3 I just kept writing and writing, dont know if most of it was relevant tho...i chose for purposive sampling...u guys think its alright??

what was the CLA saq? I forgot already xD
Reply 7
Original post by cherryk

I did the same, and I'm not sure if what I was saying was relevant either. I chose purposive sampling too as a disaster wouldn't be a particularly common event, so that makes two of us. :P

I can't even remember what the other questions were, though.
Reply 8
Original post by krissip0oh
what was the CLA saq? I forgot already xD

That was something like "consider ethics in cognitive research". It wasn't as bad as the LAQ though: who on earth would be able to write for an hour on evaluating the use of brain imaging technologies, especially when they're far more widespread in biological research?!
Reply 9
Paper 1 was okay, the BLA was amazing! Localization of the brain - easiest one for me I just wrote about Phineas Gage and that was done quickly, but the Sociocultural principles were TERRIBLE for me I actually just made one up! To be honest it wasn't *too* far away from the real principle, I said that we as humans are influenced by PEOPLE not culture, and I used the Social Learning Theory for that so I hope that still counts!! The CLA was actually quite hard for me even though the question was pretty open - we could basically discuss ANY study to do with the CLA I just had a total mind blank and started rambling absolute RUBBISH so I don't think I have done well on that one! For the Essay I of course did the conformity one it seemed like the easiest thing to do - I just discussed the Asch experiment and all the types of variations that have been done on it - I wrote quite a bit so I am hoping that went well =/

Paper 2 - I over ran on Abnormal!! I spent 1 hour 20 minutes doing the reliability and validity of diagnosis as I thought that was where I could get most of my marks but only left 40 minutes for the Relationships question - which I was really not very confident doing anyway and only wrote a very limited amount of things, I have definitely lost marks on that essay =/

Paper 3 TOTALLY made up for it! Absolutely loved it, I used Purposive Sampling as Opportunity and Snowball just wouldn't be appropriate and concluded that the study could not be generalized/representative etc etc... Oh man I am really hoping I got a good grade! I have never actually revised psychology before, in my last mock my overall grade was a low level 2! I revised my ass off for these exams I am just crossing my fingers now that the person grading my paper isn't A) Bored B) Tired or C) Drunk... 0__0
Original post by Harve
That was something like "consider ethics in cognitive research". It wasn't as bad as the LAQ though: who on earth would be able to write for an hour on evaluating the use of brain imaging technologies, especially when they're far more widespread in biological research?!

oh thaat one. we practiced that one in class, so I thought it was easy :biggrin: I did psychological distress and used Loftus and Palmer with the car crashes :biggrin:

yea I agree the cognitive LAQ was really bad. I was really pissed about it because I actually sat there for 5 minutes thinking what research could I use for it and I came up with lke one study =___=. So I had to do the conformity one.. TT_TT
Reply 11
For P3, I said random sampling. Wow smart one I know. It isn't even one in the book! I don't know how I came up with it. I mean I knew the others I just thought this one was the best one. So pretty sure I failed that question now. :frown:
I thought paper 1 was good/okay :smile: ..
For Bio SAQ - I used H.M.
For Cog SAQ - I used H.M. about consent
For Socio SAQ - I used Asch in how perceived or implied pressure/influence our behaviour - NOT SURE if that was actually a principle :/ but oh well...
For the LAQ I did coformity...it wasnt the best one :/

Paper 2 ------
Developmental - Discuss strategies to build resilience --> Spent too long on this essay
Abnormal - Discuss Reliability & Validity - did not use sufficient depth I dont think ran out of time :frown:

Paper 3 ----
I didn't think it was the best paper :frown: Was really hoping for ethics or evaluate question would come up...
for Q1 - I used snowballing :/

PRAYING for a 7 :frown:
Paper 1 : I was fuming! I spent ages learning and teaching myself sociocultural and cognitive, just for the questions to be about principles -_- not a happy bunny :L
Localised function: I did maguire
Ethics: i did deception in Brewers and treyer's study. I was going to do Clive Wearing, but was thinking about using him and HM in my essay, so kept clear of them in the end.
Principle: I merged two together :s-smilie:
Essay: I went for sociocultural too in the end, but couldnt think of any non-western studies!
All in all, paper 1 could have gone better :frown: 2011 paper was really nice :'(

Paper 2: I did Health and Abnormal. Was panicking loads before hand, but in the end I thought the paper was quite nice, especially the health! (2 stressors and a coping method)

Paper 3: Did anyone else struggle? I knew answers, but I found it hard to write enough to be worth 10 marks. Eg. One sampling method - I don't get how just writing about one method could be worth 10 marks?

So fingers crossed for a 6 :s-smilie:
Reply 14
What were the paper 1 questions if you can remember?

and what did the case study discuss in paper 3?

i forgot!

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending