The Student Room Group

IMDB Top 250 films leaderboard - how many have you watched?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrCarmady
especially not a student forum! man, those students all have juvenile tastes anyway!

Students! The very antithesis of original thought and intellectual curiosity!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Just click "join", it takes 2 seconds to create an account. Once you've logged in, click share and copy and paste the forum code. :smile:

I've joined, rated a few movies etc. but how do you, I don't know, 'tick off' the ones you've watched?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Just click "join", it takes 2 seconds to create an account. Once you've logged in, click share and copy and paste the forum code. :smile:

Don't worry, I've done it. But why do you have to have a comment? Or can you leave it blank - I'll probably have figured it out by the time you read this... :h:

:s-smilie:
So far, it's 29. Can't believe the 150+ I've checked off so far on IMDb, only 29 are in the top 250.
Also, why are there no Harry Potters listed?
Well, when I checked this out a few weeks ago I was on 20 something. Now I'm back, I can say I'm on 46. I won't post the picture thing because it hasn't updated itself - it's still on 34 for some reason.

I obviously enjoyed The Shawshank Redemption. And my favourite from the whole list must be Avengers Assemble. But the film that caught my attention most would be Warrior. Really good. Good acting seeing as Tom Hardy is from London. And the fights were very thrilling.

12 Angry Men was good acting. So was Schindler's List. And I've always enjoyed films such as Inception or Avatar - even though it's not in the top 250 (which is pretty stupid...).

I like Lord of the Rings, however, they are not the world's best films! Don't see why everybody preaches about them all the time. And none of the last two or three Harry Potters should be in there either!

But maybe the highlight is that I've not watched any of The Godfather parts.
Reply 568
Original post by MrBlueMo0n
Well, when I checked this out a few weeks ago I was on 20 something. Now I'm back, I can say I'm on 46. I won't post the picture thing because it hasn't updated itself - it's still on 34 for some reason.

I obviously enjoyed The Shawshank Redemption. And my favourite from the whole list must be Avengers Assemble. But the film that caught my attention most would be Warrior. Really good. Good acting seeing as Tom Hardy is from London. And the fights were very thrilling.

12 Angry Men was good acting. So was Schindler's List. And I've always enjoyed films such as Inception or Avatar - even though it's not in the top 250 (which is pretty stupid...).

I like Lord of the Rings, however, they are not the world's best films! Don't see why everybody preaches about them all the time. And none of the last two or three Harry Potters should be in there either!

But maybe the highlight is that I've not watched any of The Godfather parts.

That is quite an improvement!

And yes, I would advise anyone to watch 12 Angry Men. Brilliant film.
Also, why are there no Harry Potters listed?

Because they're trite dogschit?
Reply 570
Original post by philistine

There are a lot more disagreeable things in his post, seriously.
Original post by danny111
That is quite an improvement!

And yes, I would advise anyone to watch 12 Angry Men. Brilliant film.

If you liked 12 angry men, I think you'd like The Odd Couple. Really. Very good. Decent acting (Jack Lemon), decent story, decent ending. Very funny as well. It's also almost all filmed, or set in the apartment, just like 12 Angry Men. One of the actors is also in it (the little squeaky guy) :h:
Original post by philistine

I agree, but I swear one that was rated above 8.0, isn't in it.
Reply 573
If you liked 12 angry men, I think you'd like The Odd Couple. Really. Very good. Decent acting (Jack Lemon), decent story, decent ending. Very funny as well. It's also almost all filmed, or set in the apartment, just like 12 Angry Men. One of the actors is also in it (the little squeaky guy) :h:

I like both, but the connection is tenuous at best, no guarantee that liking one will increase the chances of liking the other.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I agree, but I swear one that was rated above 8.0, isn't in it.

I believe it's only the votes from regular voters that count.

I've seen films which have high eight scores before, yet because the votes are only in the triple figures, they're non-existent to the eyes of many.
Don't know how people have seen 100+ of these films, I got 40. :confused:
Reply 578
Original post by postman pat
Don't know how people have seen 100+ of these films, I got 40. :confused:

I've seen 113/114 or something it chagnes sometimes. And most of those that I have seen on the list are actually good.

I guess people on here just like movies xD

Huge MMA fan and I thought Warrior was tripe. I was so disappointed with it. Couldn't connect with any of the characters, the actor playing his brother was a poor choice, unrealistic fight scenes and a bad ending. I expected so much and it delivered nothing.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest