The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow uni 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IsaacJ
As someone from Edinburgh, great city, but after 17 years I think I need to move >.<

I also went down for a summer school at Birmingham Uni which was soooo much nicer than either Glasgow or Edinburgh, I loved it there. But I'd rather not have to pay the fees! xD Maybe I'll do a PG there...

That's so strange, because I live really close to Birmingham uni and I've been past/through it a couple of times and I really didn't like it, but my cousin went there to study English Literature and said it was nice. :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Name- Chris
Course- Law/ Law with Language
Subjects- AH Geography, Higher French, Higher Accounts, Higher Modern Studies
Reply 42
Well, got my higher results today. AAAAC - All looking good for getting an unconditional for Physics! Glasgow say AAAB = Uncon :biggrin:
Original post by IsaacJ
Well, got my higher results today. AAAAC - All looking good for getting an unconditional for Physics! Glasgow say AAAB = Uncon :biggrin:

Well done! :colondollar: AS results not here until 16th for me so it's a waiting game till then, ha! :erm:

Reply 44
It says the same for Hispanic Studies as AAAB for unconditional and I got AAAAB! Happy days! :biggrin:

Looking forward to the open day on 5th sept, I hope it lives up to the idea I have in my head, right now Glasgow is my first choice and I hope it stays that way :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by Kerrias
It says the same for Hispanic Studies as AAAB for unconditional and I got AAAAB! Happy days! :biggrin:

Looking forward to the open day on 5th sept, I hope it lives up to the idea I have in my head, right now Glasgow is my first choice and I hope it stays that way :biggrin:

The Boyd Orr, the mathematics building and the QM...try not to look directly at them.
Reply 46
The Kelvin Building (Physics) is really ugly on the outside but quite snazzy on the inside.
Reply 47
Original post by IsaacJ
The Kelvin Building (Physics) is really ugly on the outside but quite snazzy on the inside.

Just like the physicists themselves really...I kid, I kid. Mostly.
Reply 48
Original post by Norton1

Hahahah I hear ya man !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 49
Original post by Norton1

Original post by Ui95
Hahahah I hear ya man !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

:unimpressed: Boo!
Original post by Norton1

:mmm:

Reply 51
I'm hoping to study law and history, not sure if my grades this year will make the cut though :frown: I'm currently studying Modern Studies, English, History and Latin. Hopefully, since three of them are Advanced Highers the grades required from this year may be lower. Hopefully...
Reply 52
Original post by KrissyMack
I'm hoping to study law and history, not sure if my grades this year will make the cut though :frown: I'm currently studying Modern Studies, English, History and Latin. Hopefully, since three of them are Advanced Highers the grades required from this year may be lower. Hopefully...

Why're you doing an extra subject? An offer will probably just be based on the AH's.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 53
Original post by IsaacJ
Why're you doing an extra subject? An offer will probably just be based on the AH's.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

In our school all sixth years are required to take a minimum of four subjects and Modern Studies seemed the most logical fourth subject.
Name - Sophie
Applying for - Computer Science and Economics
Currently studying - Maths, Further Maths, Economics (Already have an A at A level in IT)
From - Wales

I went to the summer open day in Glasgow and I loved it!
Name - Ronan
Course - Celtic Civilisation or History
Subjects - AS: History, English, Maths & Economics, taking History Maths and Economics for A2 (OCR were rather harsh this year don'tcha think?)

It's really irritating, my school starts on the upcoming Glasgow open day so I can't visit :rant: - anyone know what the accom is like?
Reply 56
Original post by TheMightyRaven
Name - Ronan
Course - Celtic Civilisation or History
Subjects - AS: History, English, Maths & Economics, taking History Maths and Economics for A2 (OCR were rather harsh this year don'tcha think?)

It's really irritating, my school starts on the upcoming Glasgow open day so I can't visit :rant: - anyone know what the accom is like?

I shall investigate for you on the 3rd - If you remind me to PM you or something xD
Reply 57
Original post by KrissyMack
In our school all sixth years are required to take a minimum of four subjects and Modern Studies seemed the most logical fourth subject.

Ah, cool. I started the year with Higher Business Management, but decided to drop it. Figured I'd just focus on my AH's. Plus I couldn't be arsed with the essays xD
Reply 58
Original post by TheMightyRaven

Basic. But acceptable.
Original post by IsaacJ
I shall investigate for you on the 3rd - If you remind me to PM you or something xD

Thankee kind sir xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending