The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because otherwise it would be too dark in the mornings for half of the year. Something like that. So, we either have to change the clocks once a year or change our whole routine; the clocks are inevitably easier.

I, for one, would be happy to go out in the night; but, you know, some people...
Reply 2
Because a sunset at 10 pm is just that sexy.
Its bloody annoying when you loose an hour initially.
Reply 4
Isn't it so we can have a thread like this every 6 months? :p: It's the farmers can make the best use of the light or something.
Reply 5
And originally it was also something to do with the fact people didnt want kids walking to school in the dark and vice versa. :dontknow:
Reply 6
i wish we were on +1 GMT all the time and then went to +2 during the summer. I hate dark at 4pm winters.

I think they tried shifting it like that during the war or something but whingey scottish kids didn't like walking to school in the dark. bah.
So we can worship our Sun God for longer you idiot.

All hail mighty Ra!
Reply 8
correct
Bexiness!
And originally it was also something to do with the fact people didnt want kids walking to school in the dark and vice versa. :dontknow:

you see, this is whati heard and i wanted to see if it was true. Seems a bit extreme to turn the clocks so kids can walk to school in daylight.
Reply 11
Something to do with the war and so that farmers had more day light.
Fointy
i wish we were on +1 GMT all the time and then went to +2 during the summer. I hate dark at 4pm winters.

I think they tried shifting it like that during the war or something but whingey scottish kids didn't like walking to school in the dark. bah.

Nice views of other countries there eh
BECAUSE I SAY SO!! :fuhrer:
Reply 14
Pony Jack
Isn't it so we can have a thread like this every 6 months? :p: It's the farmers can make the best use of the light or something.

How long have you been here?
Rubix
How long have you been here?

I came to this thread about 40 minutes ago, and stayed for about 3 while I posted, then left again :wink:
Reply 16
For the Scottish farmers :\
Because I said so!
yeah for scotland, they want to have light when the get up in the morning in the winter, wot more do they want :p:

they tryed not changing it in the 70's but i didnt work and they kept it the same!
Reply 19
What a lovely night it was yesterday. I'm so happy that summers almost here. :smile:

Latest