The Student Room Group

Why doesn't he text back?

Right well I posted a thread about a week ago (this one: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14721422#post14721422 hopefully that'll work) so all the background information's there, I won't type it out again.

Basically, I didn't text him. And he didn't text me. But I kept thinking about him, and so when I was out on Saturday night and got a bit drunk I texted him saying hello. He did text back, so it wasn't a total mistake. But after a few texts he never replied, so I assumed he'd fallen asleep or something.

I didn't hear from him yesterday, but today he texted me asking how I was. But again after a few texts he just stopped replying. Why's he doing this? Surely if he wasn't interested, he just wouldn't text at all?

Has too much time passed for us to meet up? It's been over 3 weeks since I met him. Actually that's the only time I've seen him. That's another thing, will he even recognise me? Maybe he's forgotten what I look like. Uch. If he does text again, how do I try to get him to meet me without seeming too eager? So many questions I know, but any help would be lovely.
Reply 1
Anyone? :frown:
Reply 2
Anonymous
Anyone? :frown:

Why don't you just go all out and text him asking if he'd like to go for a drink? If he's interested he'll say yes. If not he'll say no and you can move on :smile:

Maybe he has a GF?
Reply 3
just leave it you would appear easy meat if you badger him.
if he wants...come gets.
Reply 4
Dunno maybe he doesn't like texting
Just don't text him until he texts you. If he does, then reply and if he keeps not replying then it's his loss tbh.
play hard to get :wink:

but im pretty sure tht if he was interested, he'd reply more.

dont text him, and if he makes no contact in like, a week, **** him

plenty more fish and all
Reply 7
I haven't really read the thread, but I'm guessing its because he's a guy.
Anonymous
Right well I posted a thread about a week ago (this one: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14721422#post14721422 hopefully that'll work) so all the background information's there, I won't type it out again.

Basically, I didn't text him. And he didn't text me. But I kept thinking about him, and so when I was out on Saturday night and got a bit drunk I texted him saying hello. He did text back, so it wasn't a total mistake. But after a few texts he never replied, so I assumed he'd fallen asleep or something.

I didn't hear from him yesterday, but today he texted me asking how I was. But again after a few texts he just stopped replying. Why's he doing this? Surely if he wasn't interested, he just wouldn't text at all?

Has too much time passed for us to meet up? It's been over 3 weeks since I met him. Actually that's the only time I've seen him. That's another thing, will he even recognise me? Maybe he's forgotten what I look like. Uch. If he does text again, how do I try to get him to meet me without seeming too eager? So many questions I know, but any help would be lovely.

Not meaning to sound harsh but maybe stop playing games with him?
Reply 9
Ooh thanks for all your replies. Bit confusing though, with the conflicting replies haha. Umm, I don't think he has a girlfriend (have to admit to a slight bit of bebo stalking here, oops) but on his phone he had a number down as 'sexy whoever' when he took my number so I was a bit cautious. He had just moved down for uni though, so it could have been anything.

I don't know, he was really nice. Usually I'd just let it go, but there was something about him. I wondered if it was maybe cos we've just started uni and he was keeping his options open? Cos he's just texted me enough that I don't forget about him, but not enough for anything to actually happen.
Reply 10
bighairedmike
Not meaning to sound harsh but maybe stop playing games with him?

It's hardly playing games is it? I've texted first a few times. I just don't want to scare him off by being too clingy. Why, what would you suggest?

Maybe the people saying just leave it are right, he's obviously not that fussed. Thing is, neither am I really, I'd just like to see him again, even as a friend cos he was amazing. But I've got a feeling that if I just leave it, I might not see him again and we just won't talk. And if I do see him round uni or whatever it'll be too awkward. Uch :frown:
Reply 11
amanda_p27
if he wants...come gets.

Second that.
Just stop texting him...if he's interested then he should text you back. :smile:
umm....call him?

texting= a paiiinnn in the ass
Reply 14
Text him asking him if he'd like a drink, prepare to take a loss, it's better than not knowing. Playing hard to get is a game and doesn't amuse guys in any way, it's an obstacle, what a guy wants at the start of a relationship is easy meat because all you are at the start is just an opportunity for sex.
amanda_p27
if he wants...come gets.

Thing is though, she clearly is this way by nature, so why try and be something that shes not?? Most of us, rightly or wrongly, 'want what we cant have' We don't want someone who is desperate like the O.P appears to be. He didnt text back, simply because hes not interested at all. Is that not already obvious?? :s-smilie: I'm just being honest here.

2 threads about whether or not she should text some random guy or not.

Wow.
Reply 16
Texting seems to cause big problems on here...

I've said it in some other thread but I feel compelled to say it again: some people just don't like texting, they find it annoying. Personally I don't understand why you have to exchange 20+ texts a day to feel loved?

If you want to know what he feels like, I'd suggest just call him. You will know at once from his voice whether he's happy for the attention or not.
Reply 17
Sugar_Gems
Thing is though, she clearly is this way by nature, so why try and be something that shes not?? Most of us, rightly or wrongly, 'want what we cant have' We don't want someone who is desperate like the O.P appears to be. He didnt text back, simply because hes not interested at all. Is that not already obvious?? :s-smilie: I'm just being honest here.

2 threads about whether or not she should text some random guy or not.

Wow.

Oh you're nice :rolleyes: I'm not desperate thanks, I just like to know where I stand. If he's not interested, fair enough, but it'd be nice to know. And I did ask in my OP, if he wasn't interested why did he text me yesterday? Surely it'd be easier just not to reply at all, and even easier not to start a conversation? And by the looks of another thread, I'm not the only one getting annoyed with guys and texting.

So thanks for what you've all said, but I still have no idea what to do. I'll probably just leave it, asking to meet for a drink seems a bit 'desperate'... but on the other hand like people are saying, if I don't ask I won't know. Aah :p: nah I'll leave it, it's up to him now. Cheers everyone :smile:

Latest