The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries for AQA GCSE English Literature?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Kinesthetic
We did English Language, but we only finished the literature specification on Monday, so haven't had chance to do a mock yet.

-Kins.

What you got in Eng Lang mock?
Lol I know scraped an A in that
19 - Media
24 - A/P/A
21 - Diff Cult
24 - I/E/D

88/108 - A grade boundary :wink:
any idea where all the example materials are guys? I'm looking for of mice and men and poetry ones. :smile: thnx
rushi
What you got in Eng Lang mock?
Lol I know scraped an A in that
19 - Media
24 - A/P/A
21 - Diff Cult
24 - I/E/D

88/108 - A grade boundary :wink:

I got 83/108 in the English Mock, but we had paper 1 from 2007 and paper 2 from 2008, so they had to give a best fit for the grade... 83 worked out at an A.

Paper 1: 41 - 18/27 Media & 23/27 written
Paper 2: 42 - 17/27 section 1 & 25/27 poem
englishman129
any idea where all the example materials are guys? I'm looking for of mice and men and poetry ones. :smile: thnx

Of mice and men.
All I could find...

Mark given: Section A: 20, Section B: 24, QWC: 3 = 47/66 - Grade A (A* was at 53, so 6 off)
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp-ms/AQA-3712-H-W-CEX-S4-A.PDF
Reply 24
Kinesthetic
Of mice and men.
All I could find...

Mark given: Section A: 20, Section B: 24, QWC: 3 = 47/66 - Grade A (A* was at 53, so 6 off)

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp-ms/AQA-3712-H-W-CEX-S4-A.PDF
Sorry where was section B?
Reply 26
Hello i got a one mark off an A for my english lit. coursework grade and i think i just scraped an A for the exam. Do you think it will be enough for me to get an A because its 30% i think
Reply 27
I got 53/57 in the cwk, so what mark would I need roughly in the exam?

thanks.
Hope it is low this year, I thought the paper was much harder than any of the past papers :s-smilie:
Reply 29
Does anybody know how much the coursework's worth? In percentage? Becuase I was told that coursework in english literature was worth 20%, but I'm not sure that it's correct...
Reply 30
For AQA A English Lit, the coursework is worth 30%, the exam is worth 70% :smile:
And are the grade boundaries THAT HIGH? You can only lose 6 marks to get an A*?! Crazy!
Reply 31
Kinesthetic

What grade is that?
Reply 32
Jono300
For AQA A English Lit, the coursework is worth 30%, the exam is worth 70% :smile:
And are the grade boundaries THAT HIGH? You can only lose 6 marks to get an A*?! Crazy!

Thanks!
And I'm a little worried about the grade boundaries too, surely we're allowed to lose more than just 6 marks??
Reply 33
I think it would be fantastic to achieve an A* in the English subjects for anyone because if the grade boundaries are so high you'll feel like a genious when you achieve it! :smile:
I hope everyone who wants an A* gets one and I hope you're all ecstatic on results day :smile: I hope the same happens to me :smile:
Well done to all of you :smile: Let's all have our finger's crossed that the grade boundaries are low and achieve the grade we all deserve! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Hi!!! I'm staring to really worry as english has always been a weak point for me and I have completely messed up english language. I messed up on paper two the creative writing I need to at least to get an A and I feel I got a D in that section is it possible to get an A bear in mind I'm not the best at english. What do you reckon will be the higest mark ill get/ most likely???? I really need your help!
Original post by Pinknut
Hi!!! I'm staring to really worry as english has always been a weak point for me and I have completely messed up english language. I messed up on paper two the creative writing I need to at least to get an A and I feel I got a D in that section is it possible to get an A bear in mind I'm not the best at english. What do you reckon will be the higest mark ill get/ most likely???? I really need your help!

I'm not sure but you've just bumped a 2 year old thread :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest