The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am :smile:
Reply 2
i am
Yes, (unfortunately) count me in.
I think I prefer it to Unit 1, though - the argument writing stuff is fairly interesting.
Reply 4
Eeeek. This is my next exam!

Any tips on multiple choice q's?
I always guess lol.
Reply 5
yep, i am too.
not too fussed though, it's only critical thinking!
i'll revise on the monday morning :smile:
Reply 6
needssomehelp
Eeeek. This is my next exam!

Any tips on multiple choice q's?
I always guess lol.

and mult choice - there's usually 2 which are really obviously not the answer. then you have to decide between the following 2. Look out for 'any' or 'all' or extreme words like that, caus they're usually counted as too strong and hence not the answer..
Reply 7
yep, i am too.
not too fussed though, it's only critical thinking!
i'll revise on the monday morning :smile:

Yep thats what i'l most probably end up doing :smile:
It's so silly though, we started doing CT since year 8!
I've only got a quarter of an a-level so far!
Meeeee too!!
I would revise Monday morn, but I have my Sociology exam then ><
I;'m not looking forward to: "developing your own argument" section x_X
Reply 9
I am,
Does anyone have any revision material or websites for this exam?
Did it last year, all I can say is do a couple past papers with the past mark schemes next to you and you'll be fine - you just have to write what the examiners want to hear (got me 100% anyway :tongue:)
Reply 11
I'm doing this exam on Monday- althogether 3 parts isn't there.. Paper 1: Section A + B and Paper 2. Not been to the last couple of lessons :\ eek.
Reply 12
Has anyone got the may/june 08 critcal thinking question paper only has resource booklet and MS on web site thank you
Reply 13
For OCR isn't it a new spec? In the mock we did the questions were very different to previous year's papers, so I don't think past papers would really help!
If you don't know the multiple choice bit just guess, you have a 25% chance of getting it right of course! x
Reply 14
Yeah i always do ip dip do fo' the multiple choice q's. :wink: Worked for the mock :smile: x
I am doing both papers back-to-back tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait.

I have no idea how I will do, only looked at what kind of questions and how to tackle them for the first time today! I was kinda hoping to see how I could do without revising, but now I am having second thoughts. Oh well its too late now.

I am not going to skip my final Eng Lit. lessons tomorrow for this! (OCR exam on Wednesday)
Reply 16
I am.. :/

an di have no clue what to do for section c - writing the argument :s-smilie: :frown:

the only 'notes' i have from where i can revise is the list of flaws.. (not much) lol
Count yourselves lucky you dont have to do the aea in critical thinking... compared to the AS its going to be hell
Reply 18
rockinrads
I am.. :/

an di have no clue what to do for section c - writing the argument :s-smilie: :frown:

the only 'notes' i have from where i can revise is the list of flaws.. (not much) lol

It's easy.

Just bullsh*t the whole thing.

This is how my teacher tells us to word it for example:

[CA] Some would say...
[IC] However there are many reasons against this.
[R1] Firstly...
[EV] This is backed up by...
[R2] Secondly...
[R3] Furthermore....
[C] <Pretty much copy the conclusion it's asking you to argue for / inverse it>

The linking words could be better, but you get the jist. The whole argument can be complete boll*cks as long as it's slightly plausible.
Reply 19
T-o dore
Count yourselves lucky you dont have to do the aea in critical thinking... compared to the AS its going to be hell

There's an AEA in critical thinking?