The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA offers thread!

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone here going to UEA to study economics and put it as their firm choice?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 141
Lucyyy
We really need some kind of advertising campaign.. they have adverts on buses here to promote UEA, things like "Born in Bradwell, made at the UEA". They're clearly going the wrong way about it though.
I'm trying to think up a catchy slogan relating to quite how good looking it is on a whole, but I may have to get back to it.. :ninja: My brain, it ain't functioning!

Have you got anything or your brain still not functioning?, bet the lab coast would help!
I'll take it Bradwel isl not a very nice place then? :smile:

LovesAnime
Is anyone here going to UEA to study economics and put it as their firm choice?

I'm going to firm it next week after my visit day to hull, to make sure that's going to be my insurance, what happens once you firm it?
Reply 142
Mikehed
Have you got anything or your brain still not functioning?, bet the lab coast would help!
I'll take it Bradwel isl not a very nice place then? :smile:

It's alright, it's just a village close to where I live, but I think their whole slogan is so wrong. They need to be more direct. Something like UEA WILL MAKE YOU HOT, COME STUDY WITH US KTHXBYE
Reply 143
jelly1000
anyone going to the politics open day on the 13th feb?

Yep
Yafula
Yep

Wow didn't actually expect that. For Politics, or Politics with something else?
Reply 145
Does anyone know how flexible UEA are with offers. I've been offered AAB, if I get the equivalent in points (eg A*AC) would they be likely to reject me?
Reply 146
jelly1000
Wow didn't actually expect that. For Politics, or Politics with something else?

international relations with environment (cant find anyone doing this! lol) are you doing politics with something else?
I'm going to firm it next week after my visit day to hull, to make sure that's going to be my insurance, what happens once you firm it?

Oh okaay. Honestly nothing happens apart from UCAS sending you a letter which is a screenshot of your replies on track. I haven't recieved any letters from UEA or Essex which is my insurance, but I wonder if they recieve your jan results :|
Have you been to UEA visit day?
Reply 148
Oh okaay. Honestly nothing happens apart from UCAS sending you a letter which is a screenshot of your replies on track. I haven't recieved any letters from UEA or Essex which is my insurance, but I wonder if they recieve your jan results :|
Have you been to UEA visit day?

Ohh right, okay, and yeah i went to the visit day last wednesday, got to see en suite accommodation and the terraces, prefer them to the en suite to be honest, made me sure that i want to go there, going again :smile:
Yafula
international relations with environment (cant find anyone doing this! lol) are you doing politics with something else?

i didn't even realise you could do that! im doing poltics & international relations. where else have you applied to?
Reply 150
Coventry
Queen Mary London
Derby
Middlesex
UEA is my first choice.

theyre all slightly different from eachother though i.e. Global Change: Environment, Economy and Development. But they all have very similar modules.
How long does it take you to get to Norwich?
Reply 151
Got an offer from UEA last week for Business management; 45 merits needed, as im on an Access Course. Not sure if i will end up going as ive still got unis that havent got back to me yet.
i got a conditional for pharmacy what should i wear to the open day on wednesday plz
Ohh right, okay, and yeah i went to the visit day last wednesday, got to see en suite accommodation and the terraces, prefer them to the en suite to be honest, made me sure that i want to go there, going again :smile:

Yeah I saw that as well on Wednesday, Im not sure what accommodation I want but we cant apply for them until May. To be honest I dont think I will go there until we start since its like a 2 hour drive from my house but what I didnt like was the concrete buildings which didnt look nice but loved the campus though
dunnoaboutme
i got a conditional for pharmacy what should i wear to the open day on wednesday plz

I'll probably wear jeans and a hoody on wednesday- not much point in dressing up if the offer's in the bag.
buyingtheticket
I'll probably wear jeans and a hoody on wednesday- not much point in dressing up if the offer's in the bag.

but theyre going to ask me questions and in the letter it says they may lower the offer to BBB if i do good in my questions so do u still think i should wear jeans and a hoody or jeans and a nice shirt and converse shoes
dunnoaboutme
but theyre going to ask me questions and in the letter it says they may lower the offer to BBB if i do good in my questions so do u still think i should wear jeans and a hoody or jeans and a nice shirt and converse shoes

If you have an interview go suited and booted.
Reply 157
dunnoaboutme

As far as I'm aware it's not really an interview so much as a chat - after all, you have already got the offer. No harm in making a good impression though, I'd go for something a bit smart/casual, you might feel a bit silly all suited up if nobody else has bothered :p:
Reply 158
Politics and International relatiosn FTW!
dunno if i can bearsed with the open day thpugh probs just the same as the one in july won't learn anythign new
dunnoaboutme

I would wear casual, I went there for an economics open day and I think I went too casual with a pair of skinny jeans a bright top and pink and black vans but if you have an offer they cant take it back so just wear what you feel comfortable in

Quick Reply

Latest