The Student Room Group

Mi6 Salary

Not that I’m considering going for a career with MI6, I doubt they’d have me! But out of interest, how well do you think MI6 employees get paid?

Obviously there are quite a few different job positions that pay differently, but how well do you think the spectrum of pay is from the analysts to the field agents up to the directors?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OP, check out their website, the MI6 is also called the SIS and the MI5 has their own website separate to the SIS.
Reply 2
I will have to kill you for such info.
Reply 3
I doubt they'll post it, but I'm assuming it would be very high, maybe between 50,000-100,000 grand?
Reply 4
Or work for them as a contractor and paid loads......
Reply 5
I wouldn't say it's a very high salary, maybe 20-30k depending on the job? The main motivation for joining would be the novelty of being a "secret agent" I suppose...
I would have guessed pretty much in line with most of the civil service. You do it because you want to work for the UK government not because you want to make money, most of the high fliers throughout government are on far lower salaries than they could be as high fliers in the City.
Would think they are paid on the same pay scale as any other Civil Servant.
It's not super high.
Reply 9
OfficerJR
My friends dad was SAS, he said they got paid crap wages doing rubbish work at the lower end.

£16k

really????! not saying he isn't but a lot of people say they're ex sas... they get paid well now, it says so on the british army's website and loads of them were quitting to do private serurity jobs so the government upped their wages.
Reply 10
hannmatt92
Would think they are paid on the same pay scale as any other Civil Servant.

how much is that?
Reply 11
SummerBay
Or work for them as a contractor and paid loads......

how would that work?
Having spoken about Mi6 on the internet you've just blown any chance you had of ever getting in.

And there goes mine...
I could tell you... but then I'd have to kill you.
deeper
how would that work?

Someone that knows how to handle weapons, and be able to kill a guy from 500m away with a handgun. Then they hire you to kill random people you've never met. They do this under the table of corse, and not on record.

... Now I would have to kill you. Again.
Reply 15
For case officers, I'd imagine around £40 - 50,000 a year depending on the level of risk they're exposed to. Linguists and analysts are probably paid around £30,000 a year. Directors 100k plus???? that's just a BIG guess!
Reply 16
Off the top of my head, I think MI5 operational officers (i.e. the ones that stake out houses etc.) got around 28K - so I'd imagine it would be similar or slightly higher.
Stalin
Having spoken about Mi6 on the internet you've just blown any chance you had of ever getting in.

And there goes mine...

yeah, the unit designated to supervising TSR is tracking you down as we speak
Reply 18
I knew I was speaking to children.

You lot are about as receptive as a peanut.
OfficerJR
My friends dad was SAS, he said they got paid crap wages doing rubbish work at the lower end.

£16k

SAS isn't equal to MI6/SIS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending