The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Gynaecosid

Right, here's the basic idea of what happened. My friend had unprotected sex the day before yesterday. Her boyfriend pulled out before he came so they don't think she's pregnant. I told them to get the morning after pill just in case. He got Gynaecosid for her and she took it yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't know how Gynaecosid worked and I wasn't able to look it up on the net before she took it. I only got the chance to read up on it now and I just read that it can't be taken as a morning after pill. Also that it can be very dangerous. Is there any truth in this? What should I do?
this is you isn't it?

You're anonymous anyway so what's with the 'friend and boyfriend' smokescreen?

No info on Gyno sorry.
Reply 2
oh lord help me
this is you isn't it?

You're anonymous anyway so what's with the 'friend and boyfriend' smokescreen?

No info on Gyno sorry.

Dude (¬_¬) it's not me. I went anon cos I wanna spare myself from being paranoid with the idea of my friend seeing this post and freaking out.

Do you know where I could find out? I want to do something about it as soon as possible if it was the wrong tablet to take. I actually thought the guy went to a proper doctor and got the right tablet :s-smilie: They both didn't know much about the morning after pill and I was the one who explained. I just didn't know the names of the pills available- except for Levonelle which I don't think is available where I am.
Anonymous
Dude (¬_¬) it's not me. I went anon cos I wanna spare myself from being paranoid with the idea of my friend seeing this post and freaking out.

Do you know where I could find out? I want to do something about it as soon as possible if it was the wrong tablet to take. I actually thought the guy went to a proper doctor and got the right tablet :s-smilie: They both didn't know much about the morning after pill and I was the one who explained. I just didn't know the names of the pills available- except for Levonelle which I don't think is available where I am.

Honestly, there is no point googling it and getting yourself worked up in a tizzy. I would ring NHS info line. You can google that though. Or tell them to ring through to their doctors surgery and ask to speak to the doctor/nurse.

Or the pharmacist. I really don't know.
I don't know what Gynaecosid is, but I doubt the pharmacist would have just handed over some harmful drug that's not even a MAP once your "friend" explained what they needed.

Also, you take WAY too much interest in your "friend"'s personal life. You apparently care more about it than they do...
I've never heard of this before, and can't really find a lot of information about it, other than:

"Another drug mistakenly thought to be an emergency contraceptive is Gynaecosid, which is recommended for the treatment of amenorrhea not related to pregnancy. The use of these drugs as emergency contraceptive agents is dangerous."

How her boyfriend got it, I don't know. From experience, no pharmacists will just hand out Levonelle or any other MAP without the woman it's for being present. If he bought it off the internet, they're both completely and utterly stupid.

Seriously, just send her to her GP as soon as possible.
OP I won't quote you but ANON fail.
Reply 7
oh lord help me
OP I won't quote you but ANON fail.

Oh crap... thanks for telling me though :P

I deleted the anon fail post. Here's what I said in it:

oh lord help me
Honestly, there is no point googling it and getting yourself worked up in a tizzy. I would ring NHS info line. You can google that though. Or tell them to ring through to their doctors surgery and ask to speak to the doctor/nurse.

Or the pharmacist. I really don't know.

True. Very true. But remember, one problem. I'm not in the UK :frown: So no NHS :frown: Crap, aren't there any doctors/nurses on TSR? Very random, I know.

supersteiger
I don't know what Gynaecosid is, but I doubt the pharmacist would have just handed over some harmful drug that's not even a MAP once your "friend" explained what they needed.

Also, you take WAY too much interest in your "friend"'s personal life. You apparently care more about it than they do...

If I'm the only person other than themselves who know about what they did, then I'm the only one who can advise them. Friends help each other get through bad times. I'm just being a good friend. I have my own life too and boy do I have problems but I'm simply doing what I can to help them :smile: Both of them care about their lives but I don't think I have to explain what happens with teen hormones and having privacy with your bf/gf.

Sakura-Chan
I've never heard of this before, and can't really find a lot of information about it, other than:

"Another drug mistakenly thought to be an emergency contraceptive is Gynaecosid, which is recommended for the treatment of amenorrhea not related to pregnancy. The use of these drugs as emergency contraceptive agents is dangerous."

How her boyfriend got it, I don't know. From experience, no pharmacists will just hand out Levonelle or any other MAP without the woman it's for being present. If he bought it off the internet, they're both completely and utterly stupid.

Seriously, just send her to her GP as soon as possible.

Bloody hell. I haven't told them what Gynaecosid is used for and I'm not intending on either because they're going to a doctor, hopefully tomorrow. So if Gynaecosid is used for Amenorrhea which is when your periods don't come does it mean that it'll make you bleed when you take it?

Latest