The Student Room Group

Uea pharmacy

Hi, I just got an interview for UEA, but can someone please tell me what sort of questions they ask - are they pharmacy related. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
omg wow
for when
?
Reply 2
Original post by Sapphire54
Hi, I just got an interview for UEA, but can someone please tell me what sort of questions they ask - are they pharmacy related. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Me too, next Wednesday? :smile:
Do you mean an ACTUAL interview? Cause I just went to a visit day where we had an informal interview, which was basically why UEA, stuff about your A levels, what area of pharmacy interests you most sort of thing....
Do they have interviews? last year I was invited to a visit and if I attended it they would have lowered my offer from ABB to BBB; I would have loved to go there to study Pharmacy .. only if it wasn't too far away :frown:
Reply 5
it said on the letter visit day invitation but they do interviews with it
Reply 6
Original post by algérie_mon_amour
Do they have interviews? last year I was invited to a visit and if I attended it they would have lowered my offer from ABB to BBB; I would have loved to go there to study Pharmacy .. only if it wasn't too far away :frown:

yup they do i got a letter for a visit day and interview :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Do you mean an ACTUAL interview? Cause I just went to a visit day where we had an informal interview, which was basically why UEA, stuff about your A levels, what area of pharmacy interests you most sort of thing....

i got invited to a visit day but they do interviews on that day

i got invited to a visit day but they do interviews on that day

Okay, well you have NOTHING to worry about. They're easy questions, more finding out about you rather than quizzing you, and it's very uncommon not for your offer to be lowered. At the end of the day, they won't take your offer away from you, so enjoy it and don't stress :smile:
Reply 9
Does being invited to visit the uni mean that they've made their decision about us and we have got an offer or does the interview that happen count towards their final decision? :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by Akimbo4life
Does being invited to visit the uni mean that they've made their decision about us and we have got an offer or does the interview that happen count towards their final decision? :s-smilie:

i think that you would have been invited for a visit day which has an interview as part of it and they will make their decision within a few days mainly based on the interview
Reply 11
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Okay, well you have NOTHING to worry about. They're easy questions, more finding out about you rather than quizzing you, and it's very uncommon not for your offer to be lowered. At the end of the day, they won't take your offer away from you, so enjoy it and don't stress :smile:

so if youre invited to the visit day, it basically means they have offered you a place? :s-smilie: Im confused
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh....this is a 2010 thread. Forget my earlier comment. Did you get in?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 079
so if youre invited to the visit day, it basically means they have offered you a place? :s-smilie: Im confused

No, it means they fancy you and they're asking you on a date to see if they want to go out with you . Best metaphor I could come up with. You can see why I'm not doing English.
Reply 14
Does anyone hav any idea about UEA Pharm Interview this year ?

:smile: Thanks a lot in advance :x
Original post by lhnd07
Does anyone hav any idea about UEA Pharm Interview this year ?

:smile: Thanks a lot in advance :x

There's a whole thread about it that someone made a little while ago, so you can see the kind of things they asked. :biggrin: Helped me a fair bit, but it's not anything to worry about. They don't ask you any weird science questions which you haven't actually covered at school (so glad that's true because otherwise I'd be in trouble, since I'm in Scotland so the syllabus is different). It's basically why pharmacy, why UEA, how do your hobbies relate to pharmacy, they asked me how I was finding my subjects this year and why I picked them, what did I think of the workload? What else...they asked me a scenario question, and I think they might have asked about which qualities a pharmacist should have. And then asked if I had any questions about the university. Nothing too scary though, and I was bricking it beforehand, believe me!
Reply 16
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
There's a whole thread about it that someone made a little while ago, so you can see the kind of things they asked. :biggrin: Helped me a fair bit, but it's not anything to worry about. They don't ask you any weird science questions which you haven't actually covered at school (so glad that's true because otherwise I'd be in trouble, since I'm in Scotland so the syllabus is different). It's basically why pharmacy, why UEA, how do your hobbies relate to pharmacy, they asked me how I was finding my subjects this year and why I picked them, what did I think of the workload? What else...they asked me a scenario question, and I think they might have asked about which qualities a pharmacist should have. And then asked if I had any questions about the university. Nothing too scary though, and I was bricking it beforehand, believe me!

Oh rlly ? Coz I cant find the thread so T___T

I know its kinda an informal interview, but still a bit worried :smile:

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help ! I will do my best !:x
Original post by lhnd07
Oh rlly ? Coz I cant find the thread so T___T

I know its kinda an informal interview, but still a bit worried :smile:

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help ! I will do my best !:x

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1855871

Here. :smile:

Being nervous is good! Just don't let it paralyze you or anything because believe me, it's not that bad.

Good luck by the way, hope it goes well! :biggrin:
Reply 18
I havent used this in a reallllly long time, but Im at UEA now doing pharmacy. My interview was really easy and everyone on my course has said they same. They try to make you feel really comfortable and welcome not like other unis (my bath one was dreadful) and in many interviews they just ask one question and then talk about their experiences. for mine he spoke about his subjects and for other peoples they consisted of the interviewer talking about football for the whole duration of the interview. hope that helps! x
Reply 19
Thanks a lot for all the help ! I did it pretty well :X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending