The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psychotic546
Trying not to sign anyone wanting over 50k wages and off loading the higher earners.
Need a CB who's young (under 24 really) will want wages under 50k and cost around £15m in my second season. Any ideas? He can be mediocre now I just need him to be very good in 2/3 years.

phil jones

18 cb gets a -9 on potential in the editor

so sick of paying 30+ mil for bale then fans criticising me he plays like 8 games and suddenly hes a club hero :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1001
Original post by Mastermind`
If you guys could pick a favourite player you've managed on this series and past versions (so 2 players) who would it be? Jose Sosa (Hamsik comes close) on this version and Moussa Sissoko over the last 3-4 versions. Regens not included!

this series: Messi / Babacar

last few: Dario Srna

though there are lots for the current year of course!

If you guys could pick a favourite player you've managed on this series and past versions (so 2 players) who would it be? Jose Sosa (Hamsik comes close) on this version and Moussa Sissoko over the last 3-4 versions. Regens not included!

On this version probably Ivica Olic. Cost me about 4m at the start of the season and was absolutely incredible. He was so fast and determined, more than one goal was simply him running from kick off and slamming it into the goal. His hench fitness also meant that he was always fitter than everyone else, so I could play him constantly. By Christmas he was a club icon.

In past series my favourite has been Gourcuff, his passing was like watching a beautiful dream.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kopite493
phil jones

18 cb gets a -9 on potential in the editor

so sick of paying 30+ mil for bale then fans criticising me he plays like 8 games and suddenly hes a club hero :/

Lol Phil Jones. He always asks for ridiculous wages even in the first season. Not even that great towards the end. His stats are good but there's plenty better.

This version of FM best player for me has to be Hazard. Previous versions again its probably him or Gorcouff. Although Hulk in last years version with 40+ goals 3 years in a row is in with a shout :colonhash:
Hulk gets silly on this game, i would try and sign him
Been offered the job at Bari after getting Stoke promoted from the Championship. Sounds crazy but I've never even managed clubs outside England on any FM games :ashamed2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
Hmmm, not really, I'm only in my third season so all my first team players are real players.

Who's JET then?
Reply 1007
Original post by jam277

Original post by jam277
Who's JET then?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Arsenal youth who's currently out on loan at Cardiff
Reply 1008
Starting a game after holidaying for a couple of seasons doesn't half freshen the game up :h:
In my eighth season with Worcester City in the premier league, pushing for Europe. Man city have just approached me with an £80 million transfer budget and an amazing squad. Don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by Dalimyr

Original post by Dalimyr
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Arsenal youth who's currently out on loan at Cardiff

Oh yeah I had him, i got him on loan when i was managing southampton. They fired me after 3 season even though i promoted them to the championship and was 7th and was close to playoffs, I went to blackpool who were in the championship, then got them promoted and now southampton are close to getting relegated to league 1 while I'm battling for european place, shame on them.
Original post by Hello oh
In my eighth season with Worcester City in the premier league, pushing for Europe. Man city have just approached me with an £80 million transfer budget and an amazing squad. Don't know what to do :frown:

Keep using worcester city. They'll probably get a takeover and you'll get money, I got taken over as blackpool and I got a 40 million pound budget when last season I got 9 million pounds.

This season, jonjo shelvey, i got him off a free transfer and he is now a leading premiership midfielder.
previous season, ribas diego(scored from halfway line at 90 minutes to secure a victory) and diego buonanotte,(trained to become an inside forward who can just cut in and score bangers)
season before, alex (spartak moscow captain), only costed 10 million and he was the best at free kicks and long range shots.
Reply 1013
Just began my 2019-2020 season with my Southampton save!!

Last season I won the Euro Cup, the FA Cup, the League Cup and came 3rd in the EPL. Quite successful, only just lost out on second by 2 points too. Hoping to win the league again and possibly get higher in the Champions League too!

Got some really good players in, Yaya Sanogo is a beast, bought him for 12m a few seasons ago and he's on fire as always. Got about 4 really good regens, a 22yr old DM, David Piper, who is now worth 24million after having bought him for only 6m when he was 18! Shame I can't post screenshots!! :frown:! Got an offer from Chelsea for 45m for him which I declined.
Original post by Peachz

Original post by Peachz
Just began my 2019-2020 season with my Southampton save!!

Last season I won the Euro Cup, the FA Cup, the League Cup and came 3rd in the EPL. Quite successful, only just lost out on second by 2 points too. Hoping to win the league again and possibly get higher in the Champions League too!

Got some really good players in, Yaya Sanogo is a beast, bought him for 12m a few seasons ago and he's on fire as always. Got about 4 really good regens, a 22yr old DM, David Piper, who is now worth 24million after having bought him for only 6m when he was 18! Shame I can't post screenshots!! :frown:! Got an offer from Chelsea for 45m for him which I declined.

What's a regen? A fake player?
Reply 1015
Regen - Generated player.
Original post by dnumberwang
Been offered the job at Bari after getting Stoke promoted from the Championship. Sounds crazy but I've never even managed clubs outside England on any FM games :ashamed2:

Get some continental experience. It'll look good on your managerial CV, learning a new language and experiencing a new culture. :yep:
Reply 1017
Original post by jam277
What's a regen? A fake player?

Yeah. As already answered^ :biggrin:.
Any faint hopes I had of retaining my Premier League title has all but ended after a 3-2 defeat at Stamford Bridge followed by a nervy 2-1 win against Sunderland at home. Won the league cup though, beat Arsenal 5-1 who were unbelievably poor. Drew 1-1 away at Lisbon (84th minute equaliser :sigh:), so hopefully I can advance. Boyata, who's been amazing for me has torn his calf muscle, and Juan Angel Albin, who had finally began to perform for me (5 assists and 2 goals in his past 8 matches) broke his ankle :sigh:
Get some continental experience. It'll look good on your managerial CV, learning a new language and experiencing a new culture. :yep:

True, but it's not a problem because football is a universal language :awesome: and I have managed Brazil, Croatia and Spain :tongue:

Sandro is transfer listed by spurs for £2.9m... bargain of the century. oh wait, he's on £115k p/w at spurs and he's demanding more. Thanks

Latest