The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dumb Economist
:eek: why are you applying for entry level jobs now..:confused:

career change, came back to education (college / uni) at 22 - now 26
Got this from Barcap:

Dear ******

As our interns are still here, we presently do not know how much extra hiring we may be doing for graduate 2012 vacancies.

We do accept final year students onto our scheme for internships.

Regards

Campus Recruitment
Original post by jermaindefoe
career change, came back to education (college / uni) at 22 - now 26

Yes it is shame if they reject you based on GSCEs. Try to attend network/ open events through college or directly with Banks. Or see if you could get temp job in the industry through Manpower companies like HAYS and then you could network.
Good luck
who said he got rejected with his gcses?. oh nvm I just saw the earlier post. But how did they know they got rejected because of GCSE's, how bad were they? bit of a bold statement :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
If I got poor A levels, a first from a low ranking university, 2 relevant internships and about to start my masters at Cass should I bother applying online even when they ask for e.g. 300 UCAS points or would it just be a waste of time... ? As in auto reject :s-smilie:
Original post by twaiter_eiersh
who said he got rejected with his gcses?. oh nvm I just saw the earlier post. But how did they know they got rejected because of GCSE's, how bad were they? bit of a bold statement :P

i asked
Original post by jasonlui
If I got poor A levels, a first from a low ranking university, 2 relevant internships and about to start my masters at Cass should I bother applying online even when they ask for e.g. 300 UCAS points or would it just be a waste of time... ? As in auto reject :s-smilie:

im going to say autoreject on my recent experiences, call me pessamisitc!
i asked

what were your gcse's though? that could have just been their excuse.

anyway, anyone got any news on if its possible to apply to both summer and grad positions? (same firm) or is this just stupid? :P
(edited 12 years ago)

well they were quite bad :biggrin: but pale into insignificance to my first in year 1 and 2 and my 360 ucas points :biggrin:

<barein mind my gcse's were 10 years ago - when i was a "completely" different person>

add to that my years experience working at the worlds largest pharma
(edited 12 years ago)
im going to say autoreject on my recent experiences, call me pessamisitc!

Where were those internships?
Original post by Hampstead_K
Where were those internships?

the one i got rejected for because of my gcse?
Reply 31
Quite frustrating every time I ask a member of their firm at a careers fair they never know the answer.
well they were quite bad :biggrin: but pale into insignificance to my first in year 1 and 2 and my 360 ucas points :biggrin:

<barein mind my gcse's were 10 years ago - when i was a "completely" different person>

add to that my years experience working at the worlds largest pharma

@jermaine are you talking about a first in year 1 and 2 for your first degree?

or have you just been lazing around until 21 to start uni or something?

i imagine if you had a first in year 1 and 2, having gone straight to university at 18 with 360 ucas , bad GCSE's they shouldn't have rejected you providing you had at least some extra curric. wHEN DID YOU APPLY TO kpmg :s-smilie: was it internship or grad role (i didnt know they had anything open)
(edited 12 years ago)
No, the previous one's which you said were relevant.
Reply 34
Original post by Hampstead_K
No, the previous one's which you said were relevant.

Perhaps you meant me since it was me who said I had relevant internships?
Yes, sorry I am clueless today.

anyway, anyone got any news on if its possible to apply to both summer and grad positions? (same firm) or is this just stupid? :P

why is it stupid? Somewhere on TSR I read a final year student who went from Spring week to Summer to grad in same year. So try all possible combinations. Nothing to lose but gain.. I think.
Reply 37
Haha, well I've just finished an internship at a boutique investment bank in the brokerage division and I'm currently on a trading internship at a proprietary trading firm.
(edited 12 years ago)
@jermaine are you talking about a first in year 1 and 2 for your first degree?

or have you just been lazing around until 21 to start uni or something?

i imagine if you had a first in year 1 and 2, having gone straight to university at 18 with 360 ucas , bad GCSE's they shouldn't have rejected you providing you had at least some extra curric. wHEN DID YOU APPLY TO kpmg :s-smilie: was it internship or grad role (i didnt know they had anything open)

I was a bricklayer for 5 years, came back to college, studied, then went to uni, and yes first in year 1 and 2 - applied 5 days ago
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jasonlui
Haha, well I've just finished an internship at a boutique investment bank in the brokerage division and I'm currently on a trading internship at a proprietary trading firm.

hah, you have no sense of humour and all the people you work with must think your a douche if they found out what you just wrote

Quick Reply

Latest