The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by PhysicsMan
Wow, that's pretty cool- well done! I'm waiting for an offer from Birmingham and 2 others...:erm:

ohh :smile: i'm sure they'll arrive soon with conditionals :smile:

i got - Liv, Notts, Bham, Reading, OxBrookes. :biggrin:
In general, do offers for international/overseas students come at around the same time as for UK students?
Original post by 082349
Application sent: 19th September (early!)
Uni: London School of Economics and Political Science
Course: BSc Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Rejection ):
Offer Grades:
Date Offer Received: 3rd November
Reaction: ):

Uni: University of St. Andrews
Course: MA (Hons) Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional (:
Offer Grades: AAB
Date Offer Received: 4th November
Reaction: (:

Contrast the two reactions.

Wow! Congratulations on the offers especially the st andrews one, I applied there too :-)
Original post by 082349
Uni: London School of Economics and Political Science
Course: BSc Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Rejection ):
Offer Grades:
Date Offer Received: 3rd November
Reaction: ):

Uni: University of St. Andrews
Course: MA (Hons) Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional (:
Offer Grades: AAB
Date Offer Received: 4th November
Reaction: (:

Contrast the two reactions.

congrats on st andrews, hoping to go there for international relations, but its one of the most popular courses in the uk:s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 224
Original post by Gallifreylives
Wow! Congratulations on the offers especially the st andrews one, I applied there too :-)

Thanks and I like your username (:

Original post by maxcartwright
congrats on st andrews, hoping to go there for international relations, but its one of the most popular courses in the uk:s-smilie::s-smilie:

Thanks. As long as you applied, you have a shot at it!
Nicholasng925

omg congrats!! this is like a dream!

congrats everyone on your offers! sending my application this week. hope to hear from unis soon :biggrin:
Original post by Annie-Bananie
Nicholasng925

omg congrats!!! this is like a dream!

congrats everyone on your offers! sending my application this week. hope to hear from unis soon :biggrin:

Thanks Annie!!! Good luck to you too!!! I'm still waiting for both LSE and Cambridge, although not putting much hopes on Cambridge.

OMG LSE has started their applications processing? :s-smilie: Apparently someone just got rejected from LSE to read Social Anthropology. :frown: Cheer up mate!
Reply 227
[QUOTE="tune;34846568" a="a" mind="mind" in="in"]Application sent: 26th or 27th October 2011 (I was away from home when my application was sent)
Uni: University of Surrey
Course: English Literature with Creative Writing
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional offer
Offer Grades: AAB, with an A in English Literature
Date Offer Received: 7/11/11
Reaction: Yay! My first offer!

Application sent: 26th or 27th October 2011 (I was away from home when my application was sent)
Uni: Queen Mary, University of London
Course: English
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Rejection
Rejection Received: 7/11/11
Reaction: Ohh... AND my first REJECTION... in the same day:ashamed2:: :
You can see which day it was sent (completely processed) on track. Just look at the update date for a choice, from which you have not received a decision.

Congratulations with the offer, and let's hope your other remaining choices follow Surrey's example rather than QMUL's. :wink:
Original post by stifa
You can see which day it was sent (completely processed) on track. Just look at the update date for a choice, from which you have not received a decision.

Congratulations with the offer, and let's hope your other remaining choices follow Surrey's example rather than QMUL's. :wink:

True that, I just logged on there to check - definitely the 26th.

Aw, thanks so much, you just made the rest of my night. :smile:
What about you? Any news from your choices? What's your top choice, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 229
Got offers from Nottingham (AAA) and Loughborough (AAB) to read geography

anyone else applying Brasenose Geography, or anyone heard from Durham
Reply 230
Original post by a mind in tune
True that, I just logged on there to check - definitely the 26th.

Aw, thanks so much, you just made the rest of my night. :smile:
What about you? Any news from your choices? What's your top choice, if you don't mind me asking?

At the moment, Bath. I have received offers from Bath and Manchester! :smile:

What are your other choices?
Reply 231
Original post by FuzzySheep
Application sent: 7th October
Uni: University of Kent
Course: History
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional offer
Offer Grades: ABB
Date Offer Received: 8/11/11
Reaction: Sweet, 2/5 :smile: I thought it would be ABC, but happy regardless.

Same as above(even the date of offer received)
Original post by stifa
At the moment, Bath. I have received offers from Bath and Manchester! :smile:

What are your other choices?

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats on those offers! What subject/course?

My other choices apart from Queen Mary and Surrey, are UCL, Southampton and Reading.
Reply 233
Wow, that's awesome! Congrats on those offers! What subject/course?

My other choices apart from Queen Mary and Surrey, are UCL, Southampton and Reading.

Computer Systems Engineering.

Your choices seems great too. I'd apply to UCL/Southampton if they offered CSE :smile:
Original post by stifa
Computer Systems Engineering.

Your choices seems great too. I'd apply to UCL/Southampton if they offered CSE :smile:

Aww, they don't offer CSE? That sucks.:frown: But hey, they main thing is that you do what you truly want to do right? I mean, it's better than just applying for a course you don't want, at a high-profile university just for the sake of applying to a high-profile university, right?
Reply 235
Aww, they don't offer CSE? That sucks.:frown: But hey, they main thing is that you do what you truly want to do right? I mean, it's better than just applying for a course you don't want, at a high-profile university just for the sake of applying to a high-profile university, right?

Many of my choices are 'high profile' too, y'know. :smile: I am not really bothered about it though, because there are many good unis that offers a CSE course.
Original post by stifa
Many of my choices are 'high profile' too, y'know. :smile: I am not really bothered about it though, because there are many good unis that offers a CSE course.

Of course they are... in fact, none of them are 'low profile' at all. Nah, I'm just saying that there's no point of applying to a place like Oxford, if Oxford doesn't have the course you want. Just saying.
There ya go. Which of they ones you applied to is your top choice?
Reply 237
Of course they are... in fact, none of them are 'low profile' at all. Nah, I'm just saying that there's no point of applying to a place like Oxford, if Oxford doesn't have the course you want. Just saying.
There ya go. Which of they ones you applied to is your top choice?

Bath perhaps... I'm not completely sure to be honest. Luckily, we have until May to decide! :smile:

And I wouldn't stand a chance getting into Oxford. Their entry requirements are incredibly tough for Norwegian applicants.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 082349
Thanks and I like your username (:

Reply 239
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Application sent: 20th Sept
Uni: Sussex
Course: History and Politics
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: B in Maths, already got AA in History and English
Reaction: :biggrin: That's all 5 of my offers now :biggrin:

Congratulations!!!!!! 5/5 is simply great! Now that you have all the 5, do you know before when you have to finalize firm and insurance? Is it to be done right away or do you have time till May to decide?

Quick Reply