University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by asid12345678
Accepted Kent's offer today :biggrin: .

Was accepted by Durham , Birmingham and Kent .

Undergrad Economics

Hey ^^
Do you mean you firmed Kent? or insurance?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 941
I'm the Psychology school rep (I represent the school of Psychology in meetings with reps from other courses, and I liaise with the staff, go to too many meetings within the school itself and coordinate the course reps).

Any questions about the course, let me know! I'm a third year, I'll try to get back to you :smile: Good luck to everyone!
Original post by ifstatement
So with your theory if I study in the UK and then move back to Canada I won't have to pay absolutely anything?

No, yours is different because you have a different fee code to us.

Original post by Just Josh
Not quite sure where you get this from - i remember seeing an interview with some parliament university person that no matter where you work the government can still take payments from you. So sorry guys, no quick escape :frown:

Okay, maybe you're right.
Reply 943
Original post by aliluvschoc
I'm the Psychology school rep (I represent the school of Psychology in meetings with reps from other courses, and I liaise with the staff, go to too many meetings within the school itself and coordinate the course reps).

Any questions about the course, let me know! I'm a third year, I'll try to get back to you :smile: Good luck to everyone!

You also have at the amazing kitty picture I've been wanting to find. c:
Original post by agoetcherian
No, yours is different because you have a different fee code to us.

How is it a different fee code?
Has anyone firmed their kent offer yet? I've already made up my mind for my firm (kent) and insurance (oxford brookes) but it still seems too early as most people I know haven't even got all their offers! :s-smilie: I get really nervous when I'm about to do it, cos it's the final decision if you get what I mean hahhaa. arrrr its so scary :/
Reply 946
Original post by charlotteLOL!
Has anyone firmed their kent offer yet? I've already made up my mind for my firm (kent) and insurance (oxford brookes) but it still seems too early as most people I know haven't even got all their offers! :s-smilie: I get really nervous when I'm about to do it, cos it's the final decision if you get what I mean hahhaa. arrrr its so scary :/

I'm going to the UCAS days and then making my final decision ^^ just in case I find something I'm not sure about c:
Reply 947

I was 100% sure about Kent so there was no question when I put it as my firm
I've firmed my offer for film studies now!
Reply 949
I've firmed my offer for film studies now!

Awesome C:
Are you going to any UCAS days?
Hello all, I made a thread on this but so far no replies and I'm urgent to learn more, so here goes...

I'm just about ready to confirm my unconditional for History starting September this year. Accommodation-wise I loved the look of Keynes new refurbished rooms and kitchens. There seem to be similar places where some are flats and some are smaller houses..am I right? I have yet to go to an open day.

Anyone who could shed some light regarding the flats and the houses (which appeal as they are half a grand cheaper and have less students per kitchen) I would be most grateful :smile:

Excited to go to Kent as this will be my second Uni experience and I hope it'll be better than the last!
Ohh btw, I've firmed my offer Biomed :biggrin:
Reply 952
Original post by under_the_radar
Hello all, I made a thread on this but so far no replies and I'm urgent to learn more, so here goes...

I'm just about ready to confirm my unconditional for History starting September this year. Accommodation-wise I loved the look of Keynes new refurbished rooms and kitchens. There seem to be similar places where some are flats and some are smaller houses..am I right? I have yet to go to an open day.

Anyone who could shed some light regarding the flats and the houses (which appeal as they are half a grand cheaper and have less students per kitchen) I would be most grateful :smile:

Excited to go to Kent as this will be my second Uni experience and I hope it'll be better than the last!

I'm going to the UCAS day on the 8th.. so I'll be able to tell you more after that.. but feel free to message or quote some of the people on the first post c: They may be able to help you as they are already at Kent ^^
I've applied for English and American literature with creative writing, hope i get an offer seems a lovely place :smile:
Original post by Onique

Original post by Onique
Awesome C:
Are you going to any UCAS days?

I've already been :smile: I went in December because I had an interview, and loved it! Hope you enjoy your day there too :smile:
Original post by under_the_radar

Darwin houses/college and Parkwood houses are the cheapest but still very nice! The more expensive ones (like Keynes and Tyler Court) are modern and more spacious, however darwin and parkwood feel more homely and cosy if you know what I mean! Also the houses are not en suite, but for me personally that isn't a problem as I don't mind sharing, plus you will probably have to share in the second year so you might as well get used to it hahaa. Parkwood was my favorite as its like a little village and it sort of has it's own little community. However it's about a 10/15 minute walk from the main campus, whereas the rest are right on campus, but unless you hate walking/like to get up late then it shouldn't be a problem :smile:
Original post by charlottew17
I've applied for English and American literature with creative writing, hope i get an offer seems a lovely place :smile:

I've applied for the same course :smile:
Darwin houses/college and Parkwood houses are the cheapest but still very nice! The more expensive ones (like Keynes and Tyler Court) are modern and more spacious, however darwin and parkwood feel more homely and cosy if you know what I mean! Also the houses are not en suite, but for me personally that isn't a problem as I don't mind sharing, plus you will probably have to share in the second year so you might as well get used to it hahaa. Parkwood was my favorite as its like a little village and it sort of has it's own little community. However it's about a 10/15 minute walk from the main campus, whereas the rest are right on campus, but unless you hate walking/like to get up late then it shouldn't be a problem :smile:

Yeah, I get what you mean. I didnt have ensuite in Exeter and down there everyone is used to walking for ages to get to campus so thats not an issue at all.
Im putting Parkwood flats as a choice but I thought Keynes looks great and the town houses are cheaper but are they in the same place as the flats? Ive yet to visit this year until a months time and havent seen the new extensions so I was wondering whether if I was gonna go for Keynes, go for the cheaper town house. But every keynes applicant on here seems to have love for the flats themselves.

And the other thing actually, since for me Exeter was a NOISE issue. Parkwood is known to be loudest with most parties? I was told Keynes was quieter hence the appeal as well as being all brand spanking new
(edited 12 years ago)
Ive received an offer, kind of relieved, but i haven't received any information on ucas open day.
(edited 12 years ago)
Woo, offer from Kent for Drama & Theatre Studies :')
Kent is also my firm choice without a doubt.

Quick Reply

Latest