The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Any good but cheap places to stay close to the railway station or close to a bus route so I can take the bus in the morning?
Original post by Lamba
Any good but cheap places to stay close to the railway station or close to a bus route so I can take the bus in the morning?

There's a Travelodge on the corner of Union Street and Bridge Street, and the Number 3 bus runs direct to the hospital from Bridge Street. The railway station is at the bottom end of that road as well.
I replied to accept my interview last week, does anyone know if I should receive a confirmation email. I'm worried they haven't got my email :frown:
Original post by kateemily

Original post by kateemily
I replied to accept my interview last week, does anyone know if I should receive a confirmation email. I'm worried they haven't got my email :frown:

Hi you should just receive a short e mail as I did, if you have not then just give them a call :smile:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Try not to let stress get the better of you. As I have mentioned on this thread before, lots of people received invitations to interview in late February/March.

Thanks, it really helps a bit... Anyway, at least I already have some offers :wink: Does anyone know whether EU students get invitations before UK students, or it is rather random?
When you think about it, you guys submitted your applications about 4 months ago now. At tops you have 5 weeks to wait. You've done the hard part :smile:
Reply 1066
Do you need to take proper ID with you to the interview? I know in the email it says that you should bring either 'a passport sized colour photograph of yourself OR
other photographic proof such as a passport or a driving licence that we can copy'. It's just every other interview asks you to bring a passport and I appear to have lost mine...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Braddd
Do you need to take proper ID with you to the interview? I know in the email it says that you should bring either 'a passport sized colour photograph of yourself OR
other photographic proof such as a passport or a driving licence that we can copy'. It's just every other interview asks you to bring a passport and I appear to have lost mine...

just a photo's fine.
i brought a passport and had a spare picture with me and was about to take out my passport to give them and the person said to just give the photo to save them photocopying it
Reply 1068
Original post by atomos
just a photo's fine.
i brought a passport and had a spare picture with me and was about to take out my passport to give them and the person said to just give the photo to save them photocopying it

Thanks, this is great news. I was really panicking when I realised my passport was missing. I thought I wasn't gonna be able to do the interview. I've got spare photos from my Glasgow interview so I'll just use one of them. I should probably get a provisional and stop taking my passport out for ID...
Original post by Lamba
3A*s, 2As 2Bs + 2 Distinctions (ICT and Business Intermediate GNVQ)
Achieved ABB (Maths, Chem, Bio) was a few marks off an A for chem
670 ukcat

Doing science degree and predicted 2.1

By the way can anyone tell me why the heck national rail site is playing up :frown: so wanna book the "cheap" fare i found
Would you mind me asking what your work experience was? :smile:
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
I'm still waiting as well, I haven't heard a thing apart from the acknowledgement letter months ago.

me too. dont worry guys, we're in the same boat!
Where is the best place to find out about the Aberdeen curriculum (teaching methods etc.)?
Original post by CalumBlack
Where is the best place to find out about the Aberdeen curriculum (teaching methods etc.)?

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/aberdeen/
Original post by Justine_de_Sade
Hi you should just receive a short e mail as I did, if you have not then just give them a call :smile:

I called. they did receive my e-mail. so relived, thanks :smile:
Original post by CalumBlack

Wouldn't that have been of more use before your interview? :s-smilie:
Good luck to the candidates being interviewed on the 14th, 15th and 16th.

He's got a week or so before his interview :wink:.
Original post by roar558

Original post by roar558

22nd :P
Original post by roar558

Ah. In my naivety I had assumed that 'Awaiting decision' actually meant that an interview had taken place.

My interview is a week on wednesday :smile:

Yeah I suppose i was just being lazy so that I didn't have to change it after my interview.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending