The Student Room Group

Second driving test!!

I have my second driving test on Monday, and after my first test I feel like I just can't pass... Did anyone else have this feeling before they retook their driving test?

Anyone else got any other tips? I've read around TSR but I wanted to see if there was anything else!

Thanks! :eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My second test was awful. I had 8 minors and 1 serious for not checking my blind spot on a roundabout. I finally passed third time.
When i took my second test i thought i was going to fail. This made me less nervous and i passed. My first test i messed up alot but i put it down to nerves. Just go in there open minded and youll do fine, if not you can always rebook - third time lucky and all that.

Good luck!
Original post by Otkem
My second test was awful. I had 8 minors and 1 serious for not checking my blind spot on a roundabout. I finally passed third time.

That blindspot major you had, can you explain that please? :s-smilie:
I felt like this going into my second test and only got one minor. Just relax and concentrate and you'll be fine, don't make any silly mistakes and USE YOUR MIRRORS, the most important thing when taking the test!!!
I think what makes it worst for me is wanting my license so badly!
My second test went really well, I had failed my first one with two majors and a whole host of minors (so many that I would have failed anyway even without the majors) but on my second I passed with only 4 minors.

i was nervous the second time but also far more expereinced and had done loads of practice around the driving test centre and was generally far more prepared. Plus i knew what to expect having done it once before.

I also got a nice driving instructor and we had a chat as I drove rather than sitting in silence which happened in my first one.

Having a chatty instructor was much nicer, she put at ease and it felt more relaxed.

Good luck, i'm sure it'll go fine :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by AviationVortex
That blindspot major you had, can you explain that please? :s-smilie:

I was taking the third exit on a roundabout (the last exit) so had entered on the right-hand lane but when I tried to get over to the left to get off, I only checked my blindspot after I'd started moving my car and came pretty close to a vehicle behind me who I couldn't see in my mirror (he was in my blindspot). It was my own fault really.
Reply 8
I've got my test on Monday too! I'm so nervous about it, although atm I keep pushing it to the back of my head for now :s I keep thinkin ill make a stupid mistake and then be kicking myself after
Reply 9

Anyone else got any other tips? I've read around TSR but I wanted to see if there was anything else!

There are 352 topics in this forum. You think there's going to be much that hasn't been covered already?
Original post by n_123
I've got my test on Monday too! I'm so nervous about it, although atm I keep pushing it to the back of my head for now :s I keep thinkin ill make a stupid mistake and then be kicking myself after

What time is yours? Mine is 9:37!
Reply 11
Mine is 10.22! Good luck for yours tho hopefully we both pass!
So many of my friends have passed recently, makes me feel like I need to too! :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by n_123
Mine is 10.22! Good luck for yours tho hopefully we both pass!
So many of my friends have passed recently, makes me feel like I need to too! :/

Where are you doing yours?

And yeah same, I really want to pass and the pressure of all my friends passing makes it worst!

Good luck to you too!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Where are you doing yours?

And yeah same, I really want to pass and the pressure of all my friends passing makes it worst!

Good luck to you too!

Kingstanding test centre in Birmingham. Wbu? I've got a driving lesson iab today too
I hate the main roundabout near my test centre cuz its a six exit roundabout and its always SO busy and will most likely be part of my test route too :frown:
Original post by n_123
Kingstanding test centre in Birmingham. Wbu? I've got a driving lesson iab today too
I hate the main roundabout near my test centre cuz its a six exit roundabout and its always SO busy and will most likely be part of my test route too :frown:

Oooh, mine is Pinner test centre in London and I'm having 1 hour before my driving test but nothing until then, I need to relax my nerves! and yeah I understand you, we have a weird roundabout near my test centre too, first exit (left) is left lane, the other 3 exits are all right lane, it's a unique roundabout in the whole of my area! Well both our exams are early on a weekday, I'm guessing it'll be quite busy... do you think that might help us if some of our test time is taken up in traffic? =D
Reply 15
Oooh, mine is Pinner test centre in London and I'm having 1 hour before my driving test but nothing until then, I need to relax my nerves! and yeah I understand you, we have a weird roundabout near my test centre too, first exit (left) is left lane, the other 3 exits are all right lane, it's a unique roundabout in the whole of my area! Well both our exams are early on a weekday, I'm guessing it'll be quite busy... do you think that might help us if some of our test time is taken up in traffic? =D

I get what u mean but I find more lessons helps my nerves lol and that does sound dodgy! Lol and yees I really hope so! Also praying I get a nice examiner haha oh BTW are you having your instructor sit with you or not? Mine asked me today and I said I think it'd be best not to cuz it'll make me more nervous!
Original post by n_123
I get what u mean but I find more lessons helps my nerves lol and that does sound dodgy! Lol and yees I really hope so! Also praying I get a nice examiner haha oh BTW are you having your instructor sit with you or not? Mine asked me today and I said I think it'd be best not to cuz it'll make me more nervous!

haha yeah, I hope I get a women examiner.. I'd be more comfortable with one.. and I'm a straight guy but I tend to find it easy to talk to women in situations like these! erm, yeah I think I will keep him in the car because if I make a mistake we can go over it after in lessons if I fail and that way he'll know exactly what to teach me... :/
Reply 17
haha yeah, I hope I get a women examiner.. I'd be more comfortable with one.. and I'm a straight guy but I tend to find it easy to talk to women in situations like these! erm, yeah I think I will keep him in the car because if I make a mistake we can go over it after in lessons if I fail and that way he'll know exactly what to teach me... :/

I know that's why I'm in 2 minds about having him with meee! :s and lol well one of the women examiners at my test centre is apparently really harsh so hopefully I don't get her! What did u fail on in ur first test if u don't mind me asking?
Reply 18
I have my second driving test on Monday, and after my first test I feel like I just can't pass... Did anyone else have this feeling before they retook their driving test?

Thanks! :eek:

I felt exactly the same; almost didn't bother turning up to my second test and was going to give up. I passed that test. Just do your best, it can be done even if you feel like crap.
Original post by n_123
I know that's why I'm in 2 minds about having him with meee! :s and lol well one of the women examiners at my test centre is apparently really harsh so hopefully I don't get her! What did u fail on in ur first test if u don't mind me asking?

Haha yeah nah I don't mind, it's good to learn from other people's mistakes.. I got 1 serious and 1 dangerous... one of them was getting on to a roundabout too soon, I didn't anticipate the speed of another driver well and so she had to dab on her a brake.. wasn't too bad but it did deserve to fail me I think. The other was where I was in traffic and we were driving very slowly and I ended up blocking an entrace to a carpark whilst being in traffic.. tbf if I didn't have the roundabout incident he wouldn't have booked me for blocking the carpark as it was quite minor... ahh well :/ and nah I heard the women at mine is quite relaxed =S

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending