The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swbp
It probably depends on how competitive the course is, what did you apply for?

English Language.:smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 561
Original post by Beebumble
English Language.:smile:

That's probably why, it's one of the best departments at the university and they're really well known for it, but i'm sure they'll ge back to you soon :smile:
Why are you in extra if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by swbp
That's probably why, it's one of the best departments at the university and they're really well known for it, but i'm sure they'll ge back to you soon :smile:
Why are you in extra if you don't mind me asking?

No I'm not in extra the course is! I just had a sneak peak because Sussex is the only place that hadn't got back to me and I was wondering why.:smile:
Reply 563
Original post by Beebumble
No I'm not in extra the course is! I just had a sneak peak because Sussex is the only place that hadn't got back to me and I was wondering why.:smile:

I'm not really sure, they've probably had loads of applicants. Is it your top choice?
I shall firm Sussex for BSc Economics. Yay!
Reply 565
Anyone else applied for law with french? :smile:
Reply 566
Original post by justn1c2
What subject??

Media Practice.
Reply 567
I've been invited for an interview from sussex for physics with foundation year, but living 500+ miles away and leaving my job to go back to college (studying access course atm) I can't afford to get down there, cheapest I've found is £60, which doesn't sound much but it's £60 I can't spare.

In the letter I recieved it states I can ask to be considered without attending the interview, how much harm will this do my application? I'm assuming my offer will be quite high since they don't know what skill I'm working and can't test me.

Has anyone else been in my position? Or could a student at sussex tell me the process? Thanks.
Reply 568
Hey guys,
Am currently a first year at Sussex and just wanted to let you know how awesome it is here.
Good choice - good luck with your exams and other stuff of that nature.
Reply 569
Just put Sussex as my insurance for English :smile:
Reply 570
Original post by Kvitty
I've been invited for an interview from sussex for physics with foundation year, but living 500+ miles away and leaving my job to go back to college (studying access course atm) I can't afford to get down there, cheapest I've found is £60, which doesn't sound much but it's £60 I can't spare.

In the letter I recieved it states I can ask to be considered without attending the interview, how much harm will this do my application? I'm assuming my offer will be quite high since they don't know what skill I'm working and can't test me.

Has anyone else been in my position? Or could a student at sussex tell me the process? Thanks.

I suppose it depends on how well you interview? If you suck at interviewing, not going might not be so bad. If you think you could impress them and show them that you would be a valuable student to have, its probably a good idea to go. You could also email them or ring them and they might be able to give you an interview over the phone, i have heard Universities do that for people that live far away (although usually overseas).
Original post by Kvitty

Have you tried checking one of the coach companies (National Express, Megabus)?
They are usually supercheap and offer student discounts.
Reply 572
Original post by justn1c2
I suppose it depends on how well you interview? If you suck at interviewing, not going might not be so bad. If you think you could impress them and show them that you would be a valuable student to have, its probably a good idea to go. You could also email them or ring them and they might be able to give you an interview over the phone, i have heard Universities do that for people that live far away (although usually overseas).

I'd interview on a personal level well but a test under pressure I'd probably crumble :/ so yeah it's just they're probably going to give me a high offer if I don't go.

Original post by thefunktopus69
Have you tried checking one of the coach companies (National Express, Megabus)?
They are usually supercheap and offer student discounts.

Yeah I've checked but national express is quite expensive and megabus doesn't go to brighton from where I live, it goes to london and portsmouth and the connecting train bumps the price up by £30 or £40 unfortunately.
£4500 for a placement year? sussex are you serious? you money grubbing bastards. you can smd.
Reply 574
Is anyone going to the neuroscience admissions day on the 30th March?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 575
Original post by humy369
Is anyone going to the nueroscience admissions day on the 30th March?

Nope, I can't get there, but you should learn to spell "neuroscience" before you study it :tongue:
Reply 576
Original post by braiiins
Nope, I can't get there, but you should learn to spell "neuroscience" before you study it :tongue:

Damn :colondollar: that was a typo. You probably don't believe me :redface:
Reply 577
Original post by humy369
Damn :colondollar: that was a typo. You probably don't believe me :redface:

Haha, don't worry. I'm sure you have to be able to spell the subject in your personal statement to get an offer.
Have you firmed or insured it, or thinking of?
Reply 578
Original post by braiiins
Haha, don't worry. I'm sure you have to be able to spell the subject in your personal statement to get an offer.
Have you firmed or insured it, or thinking of?

Firmed. How about you?
Reply 579
Original post by humy369
Firmed. How about you?

Insurance - I firmed Manchester. Where else did you apply? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest