The Student Room Group

Null hypothesis testing

Hi

I'm doing a lab report :frown:Thats the bad news out of the way. One of my null hypotheses is correct and accepted by my results. In my discussion would it be necessary to say anything else? I.e. can i regard it as insignificant? I've emailed the relevant academic but thought i'd post this while i wait. The reason why im confused is because normally if the null hypothesis is rejected, we talk about the relationship between the two things that are being tested explaining why the null hypothesis should be rejected, and this is the only occasion i've encountered where the null hypothesis is proven correct.
Original post by kashim91
Hi

I'm doing a lab report :frown:Thats the bad news out of the way. One of my null hypotheses is correct and accepted by my results. In my discussion would it be necessary to say anything else? I.e. can i regard it as insignificant? I've emailed the relevant academic but thought i'd post this while i wait. The reason why im confused is because normally if the null hypothesis is rejected, we talk about the relationship between the two things that are being tested explaining why the null hypothesis should be rejected, and this is the only occasion i've encountered where the null hypothesis is proven correct.

Are the data statistically significant?
Reply 2
Original post by thegodofgod
Are the data statistically significant?

For one of the hypotheses it isn't significant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending