The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hrmph.

My dinner was rather rubbish :frown: I made white bean chilli, but I didn't put enough spice in, and it was just kinda bland and blah. Plus I didn't heat it enough, so it was lukewarm. SHould have chucked in in the microwave.

I need to remind myself that this doesn't mean I can eat more tonight - I have a habit of eating more to make up for it, so to speak, if my dinner wasn't that nice :s-smilie:

I have a big bar of galaxy in the fridge :colondollar: aiming to make it last at least a week...

I'm trying to decide what to do tomorrow - I'm aiming to be in the library by 9.30, so don't know whether to get up early and exercise. I know that I shuold really, but I'm absolutely knackered - spent 5 hours on a train last night, which always makes me tired, then today I've walked 6 miles and done an hour of pole. So I don't know if my body needs the sleep more than the exercise.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just going to start by saying the quoted comment wasn't even to Tink but ah well! :L

I'm feeling quite proud of myself today, got up early to do some stretches before uni, actually made breakfast and lunch for the first time in god knows how long, then went to the gym (ditto the lunch-making!) and also cooked a nice tuna bake for dinner :biggrin: With enough for leftover lunch tomorrow!

I know it's just the first day of getting back into it so I really should have had a good one, but I'm feeling so much more positive now just by having this good day (I'm even doing some work in between facebook :O!!)
Reply 942
Got far drunker than planned last night (lots of single malt whisky, so no mixers). Usually whisky society finishes around 11pm when we get kicked out of the building, but last night there were other functions meaning the place was kept open till 2 and I just kept drinking.

However didn't have chips on the way home and after some good sleep tried to ignore the hang over. Have walked to uni and back and even went to the gym for a wee bit.
Food wise all good apart from a considerable amount of free chocolate (divine bars were out of date at the canteen so they had chopped them all up and were giving it out for free)
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

I did immediately after as I was very angry about it but didn't tell the girl as I didn't want to come across as rude. The receptionist also agreed that she shouldn't be taking my mail then I told them that I don't want anyone else taking it.

This is why I keep my stuff in my room (i also do it because when I do people that in all the places I have lived with in the past have used my stuff without asking, ate my food, broke stuff e.t.c). The other 3rd flatmate kept asking me why don't I put my stuff in the kitchen e.t.c and at one point got all agitated about it and took it as a personal offence that I leave me stuff in my room (I think she wanted my stuff in the kitchen because she wants to use my stuff as she also takes the other girls food then leaves a note after she took her things that she takes it). Just the mere fact she kept mentioning it convinced me even more to keep my stuff in my room. Then with the situation I have mentioned about the girl I posted earlier I just feel more and more uncomfortable leaving anything at all in the kitchen.

I think if she does it again i am going to have to stay in the kitchen until my food is done from now on.

I know she's quite lonely which is why I tried talking to her and getting to know her but when someone is being cold or doesn't even say hi when you greet her its difficult to try and be friends and I don't want to come across as being pushy.

Original post by conway!
I'd agree it's very weird :P Only thing to do is ask her why she did something every time she does it - if she has a logical explanation, give her the benefit of the doubt. If she doesn't, be extremely careful what you leave her alone with :/ I'd never dream of collecting someone's stuff if I barely knew them, or move their food or anything. Could you ask reception to only let you pick up your stuff?

Original post by greenpeas
:hugs:
I think the best option is to have a quiet word with her it could be that she's just unsure on how to befriend you. as she stopped collecting your post when you asked try and have a similar chat.

Like I mentioned earlier I'm not the type to push myself on people or forcefully try and be friends with someone which is why I stopped trying. However I think its getting to a stage where I need to sit down and have a quite chat with her. The typical me would have had a chat with her but from previous experience of living with terrible flatmates, people can sometimes take things the wrong way and then they get angry and do stuff to annoy you which just leads to arguments. All I want is to live in peace which is why this year (unlike previous years) I haven't done anything about it.

But thanks for the advice guys. Its nice to get an objective view of the situation as sometimes one can misinterpret a situation in the wrong way. (Wish I could rep you all but the stupid rep system never allows me to rep people on here :rolleyes:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Helped walked my friend's dogs today, just 20mins but added on to my regular 40mins walk (to and from work) it's a bit more I guess.

Just so worried about Friday weigh-in (already). I'm meant to be going for a curry on Thursday which probably isn't the best food to have the day before weigh-in! Also the first time I've been out to eat properly since starting.
Whoopsies...lemon cake in Costa today...but so so so good. Oh and buffet tomorrow but strangely enough, I'm super excited actually!!! I will get back on it promise...
Just had a handful of Revels. Am I bothered? Nope. Still in a calorie deficit. Done plenty of exercise and worked hard on uni work today so quite frankly don't give a stuff!
Judo Comp on the weekend, I came away with a bronze. The weight is now 94kg, which is good. It was about 100kg a few months ago.
But more is still needed. So the battle goes on.

I will be at 92kg by the end of April.
Original post by Chrisateen
x

Spoilering this as it is a bit long!

Spoiler

I just got given a free Creme Egg whilst doing a late night food shop so that's taken me ~120 cals over my goal for today! Should've saved it for tomorrow, I've already eaten a bit of junk today!

Breakfast: sausage with small slice bread and ketchup
Lunch: chicken breast pieces, mayo, quarter of a quiche
Dinner: jacket potato, reduced fat cheese, beans
Snacks: 2 mini gingerbread men, handful chocolate raisins, creme egg

Reading that all back that is a pretty awful day in terms of nutrition but not much over 1500 so not all bad I guess. Got major essay stress as I've left a 2500 essay in french that's in for Wednesday to do now so not cooking really. :frown:
Right, alarm is set for 7.30 :smile:

Figure if I feel up to it, then I can do 30DS/pilates or something, but if I still feel tired/feel really achey from today, I can just whack it on snooze :tongue:
Original post by lolololol
Spoilering this as it is a bit long!

Spoiler

:frown:

This is why I bought a mini fridge and even a mini freezer in my room as I cannot afford to be feeding other people when sometimes I don't even have a penny to go to the shops and buy food.

This is why I haven't said anything to her as last year I was staying with this girl who was dirty and disgusting and being the type of person I am I was very direct with her that I cannot stand her mess. Things got soo bad that we could have easily ended up having a fight. Therefore this year I decided to take a more quite approach (even though its not in me to sit down and not say anything) in order to keep the peace.

I totally understand the note thing. My other flatmate left a note under my door which was quite rude and eventually we talked and i told her that I rather her be direct with me and talk rather than leave notes under my door.

its a shame that its soo difficult to find students who are normal for a change and you can live together in peace and not do all sorts of annoying things :frown:
Reply 951
Original post by Alt__x
I have a ridiculous fear of people seeing me exercise, which is holding me back from doing my favourite exercises, such as running, trampolining and swimming. For some reason I have no problem getting sweaty in the gym, but the thought of being out in the open struggling through a run just fills me with dread. I got home and thought to myself "Its a lovely day, I could go for a run or go on the trampoline", but I chickened out and did 30DS instead.

Breakfast: Breakfast biscuits
Lunch:Turkey Salad with thousand island dressing
Dinner: Home made sweet and sour chicken with boiled rice
Snack:Banana

Are there any bike paths or trails near you? I really hate running on the street where I could bump into someone, but if you go on a bike path early morning there's hardly anyone on them, and anyone who is about is also exercising. I live in the middle of a city, wouldn't have guessed there was this path near me at all if a friend hadn't told me, so worth checking online even if you don't think there are any near you.
Reply 952
Food for today:

Lunch: 3 egg omelette with garlic, shallots, ham with a side salad + cucumber + spring onions

Later: Bowl of homemade tomato soup, 2 rice cakes, reduced fat hummus

Snack: A little taste of my new coconut oil (so delicious and healthy although high in calories)

Dinner: Chicken fillet with lemon juice and pepper, buckwheat spiced with cumin and spinach.
Managed to force myself to get up and do 20 minutes of pilates.

It's not much, but it's better than nothing (especially since I feel like death :frown:)
Back at zumba yesterday :smile: feels so good to be exercising again now I can fit it in. I'm hoping to go swimming as well some time this week, but no idea when I'll be able to fit it in, we'll see.
My food shopping has also arrived, so I'm ready to start cooking lovely healthy things again :biggrin:
Hate eating in the mornings... but it's a 35min walk uphill to uni and if I don't eat it makes me feel like crap. Ugh. Think vanilla yogurt and some raisins might be a good idea. :smile:
Reply 956
Just finished pasta with cream, parmesan and peas from the biggest loser club cookbook it was gorgeous will definitely be making that again. I'm really looking forward to later today when I'll finally have done my presentation (its 2% of my degree) and then I can get back to normal levels of final year stress:tongue:
Eugh.
Spending the day in the library seems to make me feel constantly hungry. I've just had a sweet chilli chicken roll and a bag of snack a jacks, but I still want more food :s-smilie:

I'm gonna be in here for another 4 hours, then I've for an hour long lecture, and all I have left is a nakd bar :s-smilie: might end up buying something from the cafe, but they'd got no healthy snack options.

:frown:
Breakfast: porridge with nutella and golden syrup. (bad, but not much nutella/syrup)
Dinner: a wholemeal bread sandwich (the little pieces of bread that are like 50 or so calories) with some cheese, no butter
Tea: another cheese sandwich. (in library till 11pm tonight.)
Snacks: banana, orange juice, orange lucozade, geo bar

Not the best day but I guess I'm limiting it somewhat.
Hello! I would like to join this thread if that's okay :smile: basically, I have had issues with food since I can remember...didn't eat fruit or veg for near enough 18 years (sounds awful I know) and now, at just under 5'9, I am nearing 12 stone (about 11 stone 11 currently). I am a size 10 top and 12/14 bottoms but I really want to be 10 stone for my holiday at the end of june. I've been eating 800 calories a day and exercising but not much weight seems to be coming off...is it better to eat more? I'm scared that, if I'm only losing 2lbs a week at 800 calories, I won't lose anything a week if I eat more :frown:

Latest