The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Firm/Insurers 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sir KBS
Do you have to study law to join the Law Society?

Nope..I think you might have to study a related course though to gain a position of power.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 101
Original post by Tsunami2011
Nope..I think you might have to study a related course though to gain a position of power.

Ha, lucky I have no interest in such a position. But is it realistic to expect to join as an engineer given the number of law, history, politics etc students
Original post by Sir KBS
Ha, lucky I have no interest in such a position. But is it realistic to expect to join as an engineer given the number of law, history, politics etc students

Its fine! From my friends's experience its a good way to mingle with other students, there's no limit on the amount of members, so its a good way to get involved in uni life. You can join, even if its just to take advantage of the socials!
Reply 103
Original post by Tsunami2011
Its fine! From my friends's experience its a good way to mingle with other students, there's no limit on the amount of members, so its a good way to get involved in uni life. You can join, even if its just to take advantage of the socials!

Cheers mate.
Reply 104
Very excited about the prospect of firming Warwick for European Law (French), but I am a bit concerned with the social life there. If anyone can assure me that the social life is excellent/how it compares to Nottingham, I think I will be sure of firming my place at Warwick.
I firmed Warwick a couple of weeks ago and haven't received anything from them. Should I have? Maybe I should email them
Reply 106
Original post by jooj
Very excited about the prospect of firming Warwick for European Law (French), but I am a bit concerned with the social life there. If anyone can assure me that the social life is excellent/how it compares to Nottingham, I think I will be sure of firming my place at Warwick.

I have 2 friends at Warwick and they absolutely love it, 1 is doing law. At any uni there will be people going out and having a good time it's inevitable! It's all about the people you meet and you will make it good :smile: plus the SU and societies look amazing, surely one of the best in the country. Nottingham may admittedly have better clubs though but Brum isn't too far for the odd night out which I assure you will be better than Notts :smile:
Reply 107
Alright guys, I've firmed Warwick for Computer Science :smile:.
Reply 108
Original post by squareroot1764
I firmed Warwick a couple of weeks ago and haven't received anything from them. Should I have? Maybe I should email them

I don't think so.

I firmed a few weeks ago too.
Reply 109
^ same not sure. thinking of firming birmingham or warwick for physics and putting nottingham or southampton as insurance. aaah any advice im so confused :/
Reply 110
Original post by AYEP
^ same not sure. thinking of firming birmingham or warwick for physics and putting nottingham or southampton as insurance. aaah any advice im so confused :/

Definitely firm Warwick, insure Notts :biggrin:
Reply 111

I firmed a month ago. All i have received so far is a post from UCAS stating my firm and insurance. Dont think Warwick send a direct acknowledgment though :|

I thought i was the only one who didn't get anything. Maybe they just dont acknowledge when people put them as their firm choice :dontknow:
Reply 113
Original post by Purple1031
I thought i was the only one who didn't get anything. Maybe they just dont acknowledge when people put them as their firm choice :dontknow:

That's wierd - i've had almost 3 emails from them now...check Junk mail?
Otherwise, which courses are you guys doing, maybe it's the department..? :confused:
Original post by narusku
That's wierd - i've had almost 3 emails from them now...check Junk mail?
Otherwise, which courses are you guys doing, maybe it's the department..? :confused:

I applied for law, what did you apply for?
Also, what did they say in the emails? I checked everything and im certain i didnt get anything from them
Reply 115
Original post by Purple1031
I applied for law, what did you apply for?
Also, what did they say in the emails? I checked everything and im certain i didnt get anything from them

I like! Another law buddy :wink:

I got an offer for Law with a study abroad in English which I firmed last week :smile:
departmental open day notices, bursary shizzle and a letter confirming my offer
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sir KBS
Do you have to study law to join the Law Society?

Since no-one's answered your question, no. So long as you've paid Socs Fed, you can join pretty much all societies (though there are restrictions on a couple). You need to pay for Warwick Sport membership before joining sports teams however.
So I emailed Warwick about not receiving anything from them, and they replied saying that I should get an email after Easter.
Reply 118
Possibly firming Warwick for Chemistry, just really cant decide between Warwick or Sheffield at the moment. I'm sooooooooooo confused! :frown:
Original post by Jimmy_EFC
Possibly firming Warwick for Chemistry, just really cant decide between Warwick or Sheffield at the moment. I'm sooooooooooo confused! :frown:

Warwick all the way..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending