The Student Room Group

Applicatio before retaking an As level.

I achieved a B in a module for As level Maths. If i retake it again i am confident i could gain an A. >Missed out a 10 marker :frown: < However i want to take it next January. However as i am sure you all know application to Uni is before this. What shall i do about this? I don't want to take it now as i have enough on my hands.
Cheers
Reply 1
If you retake next Janaury you will have to put your overall AS grade in when you apply through UCAS, and then enter again to show you are retaking. The only reason you would be able not to is if your college doesn't 'cash in' AS grades, but the only ones who don't are a few private schools.

However, if you got an A in your other module(s) this year then these could average out as an A overall at AS, and then you could just put your overall A in as opposed to your unit grades.
You would list your AS grade on your UCAS form as it stands in August, but you would also enter it again, with the grade as Pending, to show that you're resitting. The unis will then know that you plan to improve on that B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending