The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Overmars
Doesn't sound like Wenger. Daily Mail. I think those quotes are rubbish.

Just saw it on Twitter and I thought I'd just share it with the rest of the folks. Oops. :colondollar:
Reply 7321
He's pretty much admitted he is actively trying to sign Podolski in his recent press conference. There's little doubt he wants Podolski, if and when he'll get him is the question.

Pat rice will almost certainly retire at the end of this season. Who do we think will be favourite for Le Prof's deputy? Bould? Banfield? Bergkamp? Adam??
Reply 7322
I can see the next number two being the man the myth the legend he's got no hair but we dont care stevie stevie Bould

what a joke of a video.
Reply 7324
Original post by antonfigo

what a joke of a video.

Not sure I want another Nasri-type player in the squad tbh.

Unless that video is misrepresenting him and he just made a serious error of judgement.
It's also disrespectful towards Lille to basically be saying "I've outgrown you, but I'm here for now" before the season has even ended.

Does anyone know how he's been playing for them this season? Goals/assist stats?
Reply 7325
Original post by nosaer

Pat rice will almost certainly retire at the end of this season. Who do we think will be favourite for Le Prof's deputy? Bould? Banfield? Bergkamp? Adam??

It'd be good to see it given to whoever Wenger sees as a potential successor - should provide an opportunity for whoever that is to settle at the club and help maintain the stability that's served us well over the years. As for who that may be, Adams' previous managerial experiences don't insight a great deal of confidence and whilst this would possibly be the best time for him to make the move, I reckon Bergkamp will be happy enough to stay at Ajax. Whilst it'd be nice to see Bould or Banfield rewarded for the work they've done, part of me would rather see them just continuing with what they're doing - it's hard to see either of them moving straight into the top job within the next few years anyway.

Of the 4 my pick would be Bergkamp, Ajax have done a great job of turning things around lately - much like us tbh, but I can definitely see a few of their top players moving on in the summer and if they do, perhaps Bergkamp may decide the Arsenal job provides a better long term project for him as well.

I reckon someone like Stojkovic is definitely on the cards too though, his relationship with Wenger is no secret and he's clearly done a good job with Nagoya. That step into the assistant's role would provide a good bridge into the job.

Original post by Nut.

Unless that video is misrepresenting him and he just made a serious error of judgement.
It's also disrespectful towards Lille to basically be saying "I've outgrown you, but I'm here for now" before the season has even ended.

Does anyone know how he's been playing for them this season? Goals/assist stats?

Dunno about the video itself being a misrepresentation (don't see how it can be though), but half the stuff he comes out with atm seems so disrespectful towards Lille. You can understand the reason for it up to a point, but that point has long gone, he just looks like a whore for hire now. He looks like a great player (stats wise he's definitely the top of the assist charts and certainly right up there goals wise too) but seems like the exact kind of **** that's stopped us from really progressing over the last few years.
Reply 7326
Original post by JK.

Dunno about the video itself being a misrepresentation (don't see how it can be though), but half the stuff he comes out with atm seems so disrespectful towards Lille. You can understand the reason for it up to a point, but that point has long gone, he just looks like a whore for hire now. He looks like a great player (stats wise he's definitely the top of the assist charts and certainly right up there goals wise too) but seems like the exact kind of **** that's stopped us from really progressing over the last few years.

Aye. I'd rather Gotze if it was a straight choice. He at least seems to be capable of loyalty.
Reply 7327
Ben Arfa, Hazard, Na$ri etc = The class of flair players with such bad attitude and arrogance.
Isn't Goetze more likely to become a better player than Hazard? Plays in a harder league, is German, is younger IIRC, is humble.
lool i remember when arsenal had milan at home and boo'd them every time they got the ball, ****ing hilarious

almost worked
Has anyone been following the progress of Joel Campbell?
Original post by Birdman1234567

He's with french club Lorient (Koscielny's old club). If I remember correctly, he scored a goal against the Spain senior team in a friendly.

I've seen some videos of him and looks fairly good. He's a good playmaker i.e can score freekicks. Probably could be as good as Adebayor when he was at Arsenal.
Reply 7332
Original post by Birdman1234567

I can't really comment in depth - you'd need someone who regularly watches Lorient for that - but according to Wikipedia, he's had 3 goals in 20 appearances in all competitions this season. It's his international stats which are really impressive, though: 4 goals in 10 games for the Costa Rican national team, including that goal in the 1-0 against Spain; when you take into account his performances for the U-17 and U-19 teams, it goes to 22 goals in 32 games. :cute:

Also, I don't think I saw it mentioned here, but Yennaris has joined Notts County on loan until the end of the season.
I agree that Stojkovic is the most likely candidate to take over from Wenger.
What is you guys opinion on Bendtner vs Chamakh ?
What is you guys opinion on Bendtner vs Chamakh ?

Bendtner is a better player. He is younger as well and has his best years ahead of him.

Ideally, I don't want either of them affiliated with Arsenal come the beginning of next season. I'd rather we have Van Persie, Podolski and possibly promote Afobe.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Bendtner is a better player. He is younger as well and has his best years ahead of him.

Ideally, I don't want either of them affiliated with Arsenal come the beginning of next season. I'd rather we have Van Persie, Podolski and possibly promote Afobe.

If Wenger's keeping any one , I'd like Bendtner. As a striker and not a ****ing winger.
I saw Afobe's debut video. Nothing special.
But who am I to judge him on a 5 minute video. We'll see how he goes. And I'll reserve judgment for later.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nut.

In 29 matches he has scored 13 goals [25% of the total goals that Lille have scored] and made 10 assists, which makes him 2nd top goal scorer and 3rd for assists in Ligue 1. I only watch Ligue 1 occasionally, but apparently Hazard's been on fire in the last few matches, so I may tune in to the next Lille match.

That video though :facepalm: .
If Wenger's keeping any one , I'd like Bendtner. As a striker and not a ****ing winger.
I saw Afobe's debut video. Nothing special.
But who am I to judge him on a 5 minute video. We'll see how he goes. And I'll reserve judgment for later.

If Wenger was to keep either of them, it'd have to be Chamakh. Although Bendtner is better, his attitude is appalling as well as being an ungrateful lanky ****. Arsene done everything to make him a good player and yet he has the audacity to say that he doesn't need Arsenal any more. He is bad for squad morale and I wouldn't want him in London let alone at Arsenal.
http://fuldans.se/?v=tpoljgeecn

Hours of fun for the whole family.

(Turn your speakers down slightly if you're at the uni library or work or something)

Latest