The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iJess
I love english and r.e so not worried about them, but worried about science and art :frown:

haha I'm just worried about R.E! Im practically guaranteed A's in Eng Lang, Lit, Biol, Chem and Physics even if I literally don't revise because of the results I've had already! :woo:
I'm sure you'll do well :yy: Who doesn't on TSR?
Original post by TheDizzeeKid
haha I'm just worried about R.E! Im practically guaranteed A's in Eng Lang, Lit, Biol, Chem and Physics even if I literally don't revise because of the results I've had already! :woo:

See, at our school, we did a short course R.E GCSE (which equivalent to only half a GCSE), and it was notoriously easy. I flunked about in every class, was getting E's on past papers, and my teacher was going nuts (because I'm classed as one of the 'clever ones'). The night before the exam, I read the revision book my teacher provided, and managed to get 98% on the exam the day after! The exam was a joke! But now it's over and done with, and we have an extra hour per week for other lessons now :smile:

What is R.S like at your school?

I find RE long course pointless, but at least it's an extra gcse lol

Who agrees? :u:
Original post by blueray

RS is the easiest GCSE you could possibly have. I remember my teacher was so rubbish (she's gone now) and I got a D in the mock exam, two weeks before the actual one. And the actual exam, I managed to get 100% (full course). So, you see, RS you can get away with little or no revision whatsoever! It's that simple:smile:

Good Luck to those who are currently doing it!x
Reply 2044
I might be going to school today for a two hour R.E revision session, meh.
Original post by blueray

It is very pointless. But nevertheless, an easy A* which doesn't cost much revision time! I only got 5 points for my A*, but getting 5 points for 1 hours revision isn't too bad.

Original post by Cubic
I might be going to school today for a two hour R.E revision session, meh.

I genuinely feel very sorry for you. How's the Cambridge chemistry challenge coming along?
Reply 2046
Original post by CharlieBoardman
I genuinely feel very sorry for you. How's the Cambridge chemistry challenge coming along?

I've just come back from the R.E class, haven't had any time to work on it and still not sure how to go about answering it (Silver).

How's it going for you?
Original post by Cubic
I've just come back from the R.E class, haven't had any time to work on it and still not sure how to go about answering it (Silver).

How's it going for you?

Well I've just finished working with my Dad, so I've not looked at tackling any more questions today. I got up to Au last night, I have an idea where to start, I imagine it's going to be a time consuming one though... I'll have a crack at it when I get home.
Reply 2048
Well I've just finished working with my Dad, so I've not looked at tackling any more questions today. I got up to Au last night, I have an idea where to start, I imagine it's going to be a time consuming one though... I'll have a crack at it when I get home.

Okay, good luck.
any1 doing gcse mandarin or astronomy????? these are the only two subjects that I'm scared of getting a B/C in!
Original post by TheEntrepreneur
any1 doing gcse mandarin or astronomy????? these are the only two subjects that I'm scared of getting a B/C in!

No sorry, but I really wanted to do astronomy!! Our science department were thinking of letting our Physics teacher teach it to us. In the end we couldn't, as we would have to sacrifice too many Physics lessons in order to have an adequate amount of Astronomy lessons to compete the course in time :frown:
any1 wanna do science revision over msn? questions and answers etc, pm me
Reply 2052

I've never seen the point in doing Q&A's like that, it's you who knows what you need to revise.

I wouldn't know which parts you need to work on and which parts you know fine, most of my questions wouldn't help you and we'd be wasting time.
See, at our school, we did a short course R.E GCSE (which equivalent to only half a GCSE), and it was notoriously easy. I flunked about in every class, was getting E's on past papers, and my teacher was going nuts (because I'm classed as one of the 'clever ones'). The night before the exam, I read the revision book my teacher provided, and managed to get 98% on the exam the day after! The exam was a joke! But now it's over and done with, and we have an extra hour per week for other lessons now :smile:

What is R.S like at your school?

:yep: I'm doing short course as well....My teacher is always on about me not trying...I barely did any revision for the mock and got a B...I basically just repeated Ahimsa etc. for Buddhism..What religions are you studying?

What science course are you doing? Core science or Triple science? If your doing the latter (Triple) I'm assuming your talking about C3, P3 and B3?
It's quite a good idea actually.
Original post by Cubic
I've never seen the point in doing Q&A's like that, it's you who knows what you need to revise.

I wouldn't know which parts you need to work on and which parts you know fine, most of my questions wouldn't help you and we'd be wasting time.

But surely you would be able to agree on a topic with the person before you started revising? It's a good idea because the person(s) could ask you a question on the topic and you may not know the answer, therefore you can learn from your mistakes.
Original post by blueray

haha, in my school we have to do R.E as a compulsory subject (short course) but it's only worth half a GCSE..
:yep: I'm doing short course as well....My teacher is always on about me not trying...I barely did any revision for the mock and got a B...I basically just repeated Ahimsa etc. for Buddhism..What religions are you studying?

I wouldn't worry about B's on a mock, like I said, I was getting E's! We completed the course last year, so I haven't studied R.E since the back end of Year 10 :biggrin:

We studied Religion in work, multicultural societies, support groups etc. If I'm perfectly honest, I couldn't name a specific religion that we studied, as I cannot remember a thing. I think we may have possibly studied Buddhism at some point.

I even managed to persuade my teacher to let us watch East is East for a few weeks, which was great for learning material! :wink:
Reply 2058
But surely you would be able to agree on a topic with the person before you started revising? It's a good idea because the person(s) could ask you a question on the topic and you may not know the answer, therefore you can learn from your mistakes.

Okay.

I just don't see it as being very time efficient.
I wouldn't worry about B's on a mock, like I said, I was getting E's! We completed the course last year, so I haven't studied R.E since the back end of Year 10 :biggrin:

We studied Religion in work, multicultural societies, support groups etc. If I'm perfectly honest, I couldn't name a specific religion that we studied, as I cannot remember a thing. I think we may have possibly studied Buddhism at some point.

I even managed to persuade my teacher to let us watch East is East for a few weeks, which was great for learning material! :wink:

haha, I was pretty pleased with the B on the mock! We had 1hr 15mins to complete it which was ample time so I set out on completing it a.s.a.p (I finished in 30mins!), so I could get some sleep lol.

Ohh right..We study War and Peace, Abortion, Animal Rights, Planet earth etc. and we see what Christians and Buddhists' views are on them.