The Student Room Group

What was/is your favourite GCSE subject?

Scroll to see replies

Spanish.

Then I took it at A level and became suicidal. I really underestimated the difference a language would be at A level compared to GCSE. :frown:
English Literature and History. :smile:

(Can't lie, I have love for Maths too though!)
Reply 22
French and maths.
Reply 23
History, Biology and French
History and Maths
Reply 25
Original post by SimpleGirl
Spanish.

Then I took it at A level and became suicidal. I really underestimated the difference a language would be at A level compared to GCSE. :frown:

I'm exactly the same, Loved it at GCSE, but hate the A-Level with a vengance :P
product design , it was like art with less coursework and more practical even though I wasn't very good it was more fun than the other subjects
I actually like all of my GCSE subjects, apart from English Lit and Lang which I both hate with a passion! Geography can get quite tedious too, but it's not that bad. Luckily, I've only got about 25 more hours of English left and then I'm rid of it for life :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
English. Looking back I wish I'd taken it instead of Maths at A level, but that's the beauty of hindsight.

I make do with spending my spare time reading the books my English-taking friends whinged about and wondering why they thought they were so bad.
Reply 29
Chemistry, my teacher was awesome :redface:
History was amazing at GCSE. It's still pretty good at A-level.
Drama was fun, too. We had an evil, patronising teacher who I hated with great passion. But it was drama, so I had license to **** about and not listen to her.
Reply 31
Original post by SimpleGirl
Spanish.

Totally agree - Spanish A level made me want to die! Dropped it after AS thankfully.

My favourite GCSEs were History, Child Development (incredibly interesting, and easy, and a MUCH better choice for me than Drama would have been) and Chemistry - I still love Chemistry (and History).
Reply 32
Double SCIENCE !!!! :biggrin::biggrin: got my A in it :smile:
Reply 33
Maths, Sciences(had 10 lessons a week), and ICT as it's a chill lesson. :P DT was also fun.

Worst: RE(boring), English(urgh..), History(kinda boring)
Original post by (:Becca(:
Or ICT because it was a joke and was effectively a free lesson.

COMPLETELY agree with this, however i still dont have my result and i should off got it in August with the others....
Science :smile:
English literature, but then at A level I had an awful teacher so History/Biology quickly became my favourites :smile:
Definitely Art :smile: It was so satisfying and chilled.
Reply 38
Like: Science (Biology & Chemistry)

Dislike: English Lit/Lang.
Reply 39
History and English Literature I like my favourite subjects!!

I guess it's also because I'm good at them as well but hey ho ;D

Quick Reply

Latest