The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6860
Original post by brownchocolateice
not everyone has logic innit lol
or as cool hair as your avatar pic. who is that btw

I get yu bro, ppl had to be blessed wid dat logic :wink:..aha yes bruv, thats sasuke uchiha from naruto. Hes a don yo real talk :tongue:
Reply 6861
hope uve been getting some sleep.
I didnt really get his comments not sure if he can speak Urdu.
I know Urdu is the main language but ive heard people say its a minority language. idk whats true. i like urdu its very poetic. Partition was a pretty bad time lots of killing happened but that happened few generations ago before we were born so we shouldnt think we cant change our attitudes.
i dont know mate thinks he just hates dark skinned people and indians. :frown:

nt that it affects me cos im a mast mast dude

lol yh got up an hour ago.. 7 hours is enuf lol.
Urdu speaking people as in Mahajirs , even though they shouldnt be called that now because mahjirs means migrants and the generation now is of Pakistan the ancestors were migrants. they have urdu as theyre mother tongue are a minority. But the whole of Pakistan speaks urdu.. If i go into Peshawar, and talk to a pathan in Punjabi he wouldnt know whats hit him lol. But if i speak in urdu he will somewhat understand.

Same if i go In Punjab or sindh and speak in pashto they wont understand but all would to an extent understand Urdu, so its not a minority spoken language. Its is the most Official means of communication in offices, courts and the Parliament. Urdu is not only poetic but also consists of an enormous vocabulary which one can explain in so much detail with the words available. Compared to Urdu books and English books ive read i definitely conclude that urdu literature paints a better picture in the mind of the reader. Partition is done sacrifices have been made by all Muslims and others alike.

LOL **** him then haters gna hate :wink: like i give a sht what he thinks lol
Reply 6862
Original post by Z-Ninja
I get yu bro, ppl had to be blessed wid dat logic :wink:..aha yes bruv, thats sasuke uchiha from naruto. Hes a don yo real talk :tongue:

yo Ninja bro do yu fight professionally? martial arts?
Reply 6863
Original post by zubz91
yo Ninja bro do yu fight professionally? martial arts?

Yeah bro, although i dont really go into competitions but i do train. I dont like da concept of fighting with rules gett mee :wink:.. ive been in a few though lol.
Reply 6864
Original post by Z-Ninja
Yeah bro, although i dont really go into competitions but i do train. I dont like da concept of fighting with rules gett mee :wink:.. ive been in a few though lol.

haha i feel yu bro.. always wanted to get in to fighting but never gota chance. ah well what are streets for lol. yh martial arts are cold man never gta chance to train eda just end up fighting with instinct lol
Reply 6865
Original post by zubz91
haha i feel yu bro.. always wanted to get in to fighting but never gota chance. ah well what are streets for lol. yh martial arts are cold man never gta chance to train eda just end up fighting with instinct lol

loool martial arts is much more than just fighting yo :wink:
You should go into MMA, trust me lool.. if you like fighting i think da cage is da best place to be in :tongue:
Reply 6866
Original post by Z-Ninja
loool martial arts is much more than just fighting yo :wink:
You should go into MMA, trust me lool.. if you like fighting i think da cage is da best place to be in :tongue:

i get yu bro .. martial arts trains the mind aswel the body.. lol yu sound like Mr Miyagi lol..

hahah nah bruv i fight only when i absolutely need to dont support violence well a little lol. yo ama get smashed up in cage fight am **** at grappling. lol
watched new movie Dragon eyes the other day, with van damme its too sick
Original post by Straight up G
I don't think they are much better in UAE tbh, probably just as bad. 2/3 people in my family live there, and I know others who go there on visits, and they've all at various points spoken of bad experiences with Arabs, though they're there as professionals mainly, not as unskilled labourers (ie, the position that most Pakistanis are forced into over there).
It's about fitting in, and business would probably suffer in the long term, or at least opinion about you, if they knew you were Pakistani. What's more sad is that people have to go to these lengths because Arabs are so racist. This particular guy was raised in KSA so he probably knows all about the racism.
Yep mainly punjabi, none of them speak Hindi. There is great animosity in Pakistan for India, because of the partition and events after it. However, it's not exactly a part of daily life, and people don't really give a damn unless it's mentioned, I think they'd prefer to live and let live (can't really verify this, because I don't live there, but that's my general impression from regular visits). Pakistanis treated better in India than in KSA? Ahaha, are you actually joking? Are you taking the piss? What's this about Hindu nationalistic parties threatening to wipe out Pakistan gaining great support in Eastern India, and anyone remember the Gujarat massacre? Muslims are suffering in India, there positive discrimination laws in India which completely disregard the Muslims, and make them compete with Brahmans for jobs, where Dalits and the other lower Indian castes get easy access, it's absolute bull**** mate.

We do have some shared values, this was accepted a long time ago, what is your point?

I'll hate an Indian just as much as he hates me. Everyday Indians can't do jack about their country's attitude to Indian Muslims or Pakistanis in general, and a majority of the ones here that I know are fairly open and don't really care about what's going on back home, so yeah, if anyone chooses to dislike me, then I'll dislike them back just the same.

I said it was debatable and offensive. He wrote some stuff about Indians being less attractive, and hence I said it was debatable, because attractiveness is subjective, and offensive, because it's wrong. I myself liked an Indian girl for 1/2 years (not a hope in hell she liked me back though at that time aha). The other thing he said was that marriages shouldn't be decided solely on love, that other factors like finance and family should be taken into account etc. Whilst initially this seems correct, I don't think I've ever properly been in love, so I can't say how I'd act, so I said it was debatable. Calm down bro

I'm not gonna argue over cuisine, there is no argument to be had, and it's a minor aspect. Religion isn't the only dividing factor, ethnicity, cultural and social values, there are many things. Urdu is spoken by a small minority in Pakistan, Punjabi/Sindi/Pashto is the working class language.

I never said it was completely false, I said that I agreed with Dr. SS in that it's wrong to just classify Pakistan and India as 'the same country/region''. There are similarities, I accept that, but he is on the right lines. I never said anything about Indians being inferior, because they are not, I just merely said that they are, broadly speaking, different. Get over it. I have Indian friends who I've known since I was 4, they're Hyderabadi and we get on very well. But we get on well through English culture, our 'home' cultures, whilst comparable, are definitely different.

Facts we have established;

Punjabi Pakistanis and Punjabi Indians are fairly similar in a variety of ways

Pakistanis and Indians on a whole are generally different

People in Pakistan and India generally dislike people from the other country

Pakistani and Indian migrants in western countries are less likely to have this bias

It is silly to think of Pakistan and India as an identical region, merely split by a border LoC.

well he was also personally insulting me and i didnt reciprocate. He was being nasty towards Indian women but i didnt say anything and i could have because i found his comments very offensive. It's offensve when a white person says racist comments about Asians and it is just as offensive among Asians themselves. I could have been nasty as well but i took the high road because i dont like to generalise groups of people especially when i have good Pakistani friends. His attitude towards Indian women is disgusting. He characterises them as "loose" ( he has said that before) and implies they run after him and he rejects them because he is fugly. he sounds like a guy who is in denial and who very may be the very thing he accuses others of being..

I was just mentioning those shared values just in case people skipped that part.
I have known Pakistani friends who travelled to India and they faced no animosity at all. Some people were extra nice to them because of that bond we shared ages ago. Some were curious about what Pakistan was like. Indians who visit Pakistan are treated well as well ..i guess that might just be asian hospitality. Even people who live long term in India for eg. Pakistani journalists dont complain of widespread racism the type you mention happening in UAE or KSA so that was what my point was about. As for government prejudice when it comes to visa, cricket etc i dont agree with it and i dont think you can blame the common man for government policies... especially when less than 50% probably even vote. As for nationalist parties..yes they try to garner votes by hating on some groups but you can't say the common person thinks that. i dont know of any nationalist parties gaining more power because of hating on Pakistan. people dont fall for divisive politics anymore..if its because of other factors-like promising better security or other things and the common person falling for it then that's somethng else.

You might not admit or know it but there is great love for many Pakistani celebrities in India. Whether that be Pakistani bands like Junoon who have massive fan bases in India or Atif Aslam, Rahat Fateh ALi Khan or Adnan Sami they are all loved and admired in India and perform here regularly. Partition has nothing to do with it especially with the younger generation who is making up more of the population. Even the older generation reminisce about times they spent in Lahore or Karachi before the partition. Many still have common links and some had friendship links that were broken by partition but they've still tried to keep alive. Whether that be the friendship Lata Mangeshkar and Noor Jehan had before partition or that between Jagjit Singh and Mehdi Hassan who shared a deep friendship. Jagjit Singh performed concerts to raise money for Mr Hassan when he was not well. The Indian-Pakistani duo of Bopanna and Qureshi who are good friends is another example. There are plenty of Indian-Pakistani friendship clubs and aman ki asha initiatives (even between school children of both countries) to suggest there is hate.

what do you say of this..the longest love letter in the world sent by Indian school children to Pakistani school children?Just because these initiatives are not supported by governments does not mean there is underlying friendship between common people. Have children from KSA given children from Pakistan anything similar to combat racist attitudes and what not?

Sure hate is combated by hate ( i dont agree with that because i believe love is stronger than hate) but in normal times Indians, as in common person, does not hold animosity for Pakistanis.

What i meant to say that on the people to people level there is not that racism you talked about.

I agree situation for Muslims isnt perfect in India but its not perfect for minorities anywhere in the world including Pakistan. I have a Pakistani friend who campaigns on her blog for minorities in pakistan like the AHmadis and she gets a lot of hate and threats. At her university an Ahmadi girl got suspended because she ripped out a poster condemning Ahmadis. Then there are the blasphemy laws which arent that great and often abused. The Gujurat massacre was a real tragedy and though more Muslims died HIndus were also killed. It is not only Muslims, but Sikhs were targeted after Indira Gandhi was killed then there was retaliation by the Sikhs. I am not proud to have such a bloody history in the subcontinent but there's nothing personally i can do about it. And we all know about the bloodshed after partition by all involved Sikhs, Muslims and Hindus..people still havent got justice yet. i dont agree with that and i dont believe justice should be slow to get as it is in the subcontinent.

These riots do not describe the common people it is all political and related to political events. You cant same all Muslims are targeted because of one event in one state..all countries have their tragic stories as did Pakistan with the whole Bangladesh scenario many were killed in that including many Bengali Hindus. Doesnt mean i hold it against a whole group of people. Lot of people disagree with the quota system in india many people are discriminated against. Still Indian Muslims do well and are present in all spheres of Indian life-politics, entertainment, sport etc and many would be proud of having Indian heritage. I don't live in India but i have come across articles saying a % of government jobs are reserved for Muslims as are some spots in top university institutions. Muslims have their own personal laws in India and their own family law and they are given some funding for the Hajj pilgrimmage. They also have their creative freedoms protected as ive heard Javed Akhter say. Is there any other non-Muslim democracy that offers similar things to Muslims? So both protections and some discrimination, not sanctioned by law but society, exists.

excuse me for saying this but what of the rights of minorities in Pakistan? even if laws exist to protect them they are hardly implemented. ive heard Non Muslims in Pakistan can't even vote for Muslim polticians at the highest level and they also face heavy discrimination. From 1971 onwards there were even separate electorates for muslims and non muslims till recentlty or maybe they still exist not sure.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/241152/the-non-muslims-of-pakistan/

THere are also stories of disrespect towards Pakistani minorities but doenst mean that i generalise everyone to think the same. I know many brave Pakistanis students, as well as Indians, online who are working to make a difference and to protect minorities and i am proud of their willingness to stand up for whats right.

http://plastictearz.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/prem-chand-we-are-ashamed/

I don't see governmental discrimination as a reflection of discrimination aming people.

I never said Pakistanis and Indians were exactly the same and that our culture is exactly the same but there are commonalities in culture, ethinicity and social values enough to say that we have more in common that other groups. Yes, discrimination exists and maybe im naive but i dont think the ordinary person approves of it. MOst know that it is political. Its not just Indian and Pakistani Punjabis that have things in common. its also Urdu and Hindi speaking people in both countries. Urdu may be a minority language but it has massive influence in Pakistan. It is also one of the main languages taught in many schools in India.

Its up to you if you want to combat hate with more hate. I'm not going to hate Pakistanis who hate me like Sweet science because they think all Indians are ugly and inferior. Hate can never defeat hate. ONly love can defeat hate. I may be stupid and naive but these are my beliefs and i will stand by them. Mahatma Gandhi once said an eye for an eye and the whole world turns blind. I believe that and I will also not respond to his insulting remarks by acting in that way because I do not want to lower myself to his level.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6868
hmmph
beauty is in the eye of the beholder Mr Lostlife.
its alright mate as long as the ladies find me attractive is all that matters :smile:
What is in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet..is all i can say

I like it I like it :awesome:
Reply 6869
Original post by zubz91
i get yu bro .. martial arts trains the mind aswel the body.. lol yu sound like Mr Miyagi lol..

hahah nah bruv i fight only when i absolutely need to dont support violence well a little lol. yo ama get smashed up in cage fight am **** at grappling. lol
watched new movie Dragon eyes the other day, with van damme its too sick

loool trust me i iz mr miyagi bruv :wink:... aha thats how it should be lool learn abit of BJJ and yu shud be good to go :wink: obv train inni Dragon eyes? is it new? lool either way yu shud go into a style bruv :smile:.. if yu have some intrest join up trusst me its sikk :smile:

Original post by Uzzy?

Location Leedds!! :biggrin:
Original post by Z-Ninja

ah cool..so u into anime. never seen naruto. is it good?
Original post by zubz91
lol yh got up an hour ago.. 7 hours is enuf lol.
Urdu speaking people as in Mahajirs , even though they shouldnt be called that now because mahjirs means migrants and the generation now is of Pakistan the ancestors were migrants. they have urdu as theyre mother tongue are a minority. But the whole of Pakistan speaks urdu.. If i go into Peshawar, and talk to a pathan in Punjabi he wouldnt know whats hit him lol. But if i speak in urdu he will somewhat understand.

Same if i go In Punjab or sindh and speak in pashto they wont understand but all would to an extent understand Urdu, so its not a minority spoken language. Its is the most Official means of communication in offices, courts and the Parliament. Urdu is not only poetic but also consists of an enormous vocabulary which one can explain in so much detail with the words available. Compared to Urdu books and English books ive read i definitely conclude that urdu literature paints a better picture in the mind of the reader. Partition is done sacrifices have been made by all Muslims and others alike.

LOL **** him then haters gna hate :wink: like i give a sht what he thinks lol

ah cool man i get it. some say urdu is a minority language but if it is then how come its the main language of Pakistan.
And i agree they shouldnt be called Muhajirs because theyve been settled for long. Urdu is a really poetic language. Its also taught in schools in India. My grandfather who studied in Delhi learnt Urdu, reading and writing, at school and only learnt Hindi later on. Wish i could read it.

yeh ure right haters gonna hate and if people want they can divide anyone or anything done to smallest detail. I look for similarities not difference with other human beings :smile:
Hi guys, for my dissertation I'm interested in investigating the link between self harm and academic achievement, specifically in relation to White British and British Asian cultures.

There hasn't been any previous research into this area, and I would be hugely grateful if you could take ten minutes to complete my survey:

http://kwiksurveys.com?s=LMELKO_499fe128

I need 350 participants so please please pleaase pass it on.
If you've already done it, then thank you!! xx
Reply 6873
ah cool..so u into anime. never seen naruto. is it good?

Yeah im only into naruto doe.. naruto, noodles, dixy.. my life right there bruv naruto is tooo sikk.. ask cuzzy she watches it too lool :wink:
Original post by Uzzy?

thanks :blush: i thought since im on a british forum might as well make use of my good mate Shakespeare :smile: Or as my uncle used to call him shake a pear.
Reply 6875
Original post by Z-Ninja
Location Leedds!! :biggrin:

Want me to make a thread about all your personal details :mad:

Original post by Z-Ninja
Yeah im only into naruto doe.. naruto, noodles, dixy.. my life right there bruv naruto is tooo sikk.. ask cuzzy she watches it too lool :wink:

Why all these insults? :colonhash:
Hey guys!! :biggrin: xx
Original post by Uzzy?
Want me to make a thread about all your personal details :mad:

Why all these insults? :colonhash:

hi :biggrin:
Reply 6878
Original post by x Yazzy M Star'h x
hi :biggrin:

Bladrin did yu try da ramen den? halal not harram yo :tongue:
Original post by Z-Ninja
Bladrin did yu try da ramen den? halal not harram yo :tongue: