The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Firm/Insurers 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by missach
Brilliant! Thats fantastic! It must have been so stressful. Well done!
I'm really looking forward to October- am so excited!! :biggrin:
Have you started thinking about accommodation etc? Still very confused as to what to pick.

Thanks - thought I was never going to get an offer! Had a quick look at the accommodation and I seem to like Bluebell (double beds), Rootes and Tocil. There is so much choice though! Will probably change my mind after a while... What about you? And what are u going to study? :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 221
Original post by Chris49
Thanks - thought I was never going to get an offer! Had a quick look at the accommodation and I seem to like Bluebell (double beds), Rootes and Tocil. There is so much choice though! Will probably change my mind after a while... What about you? And what are u going to study? :biggrin:

Hey! I'm going to read Law at Warwick. I know..there's so much of a variety, I can't pick! Although I did stay over last summer in Arthur Vick, and it seems like a fairly nice place to live in. Bluebell looks lovely, although it is pretty expensive. But I guess it is worth it- if I am right, it's also only a minute away from the SU, so a massive advantage on top of that. :smile:
Hows revision going then? What subjects are you doing at the moment?
Did you attend the open day on the 14th March?

Misha
Reply 222
Firmed Warwick for Physics!
I'll almost certainly be firming Warwick in a short while! I'd happily firm right now, to be honest, but I've organised a self-guided visit for myself on the 21st of this month to get a bit more of a feel for the campus and everything so I'm holding out on any final decisions in the meantime as a small precaution

all being well, I should be going, though. I've applied for English Literature and French, if anyone's curious
Original post by missach
Hey! I'm going to read Law at Warwick. I know..there's so much of a variety, I can't pick! Although I did stay over last summer in Arthur Vick, and it seems like a fairly nice place to live in. Bluebell looks lovely, although it is pretty expensive. But I guess it is worth it- if I am right, it's also only a minute away from the SU, so a massive advantage on top of that. :smile:

Misha

As opposed to a few extra minutes from other accomodations?

Bluebell is not worth the money, fact.
Original post by tehforum
As opposed to a few extra minutes from other accomodations?

Bluebell is not worth the money, fact.

Doesn't that depend on how much money you've got to waste?

If you won't miss it, then I don't really think its a waste to be fair.
Original post by Tsunami2011
Doesn't that depend on how much money you've got to waste?

If you won't miss it, then I don't really think its a waste to be fair.

Also, I heard "horror" stories of anti-socialness due to the keycard system which means people from other blocks cannot get if they wanted to.

And, if you really want to spend £60! extra per week, times by say 39 week let.

Around 2400 quid which could be spent on A LOT of other useful things other than the luxuries of a double bed.

The accommodation at Warwick is nice, as everything is constantly being renovated e.g new kitchens, bathrooms etc.
The accommodation at Warwick is nice, as everything is constantly being renovated e.g new kitchens, bathrooms etc.

Which accommodation would be best for me? - I really want en suite, good enough security, nice standard facilities, and a good social environment/reputation.
Please and thank you :smile:
Original post by Gigamonkey
Which accommodation would be best for me? - I really want en suite, good enough security, nice standard facilities, and a good social environment/reputation.

I've applied for 2012 as well haha

Security is fine for everyone, as long as you lock your door!

Check the website for more info regarding which accomodations are en suite.

I think everyone thinks Rootes is the party hall, but maybe it's too party oriented?

Lots of people like AV and JM.
Reply 229
Original post by Gigamonkey

:biggrin: absolutely agree!!
I don't think en-suite is necessary.

The facilities for shared are good.
I don't think en-suite is necessary.

The facilities for shared are good.

It is/might be so weird going to uni with you considering you're like almost famous on this site lol. I'm just lowly Gigamonkey :smile:
Reply 232
I've applied for Civil Engineering and have received offers from University of Birmingham and Warwick University, I don't know what uni to firm as they both have the same entry grades! Really unsure, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 233
Original post by missach

Misha

I'm going to read Law and Sociology. Haven't really started revising yet, will do so after the Easter holiday! And I'm doing Law, Economics and Sociology :smile: What about you? And no, I didn't attend the open day, did you? (Too busy looking around Leeds and Lancaster)....
Reply 234
Original post by Chris49
I'm going to read Law and Sociology. Haven't really started revising yet, will do so after the Easter holiday! And I'm doing Law, Economics and Sociology :smile: What about you? And no, I didn't attend the open day, did you? (Too busy looking around Leeds and Lancaster)....

Hey. I'm doing ENglish literature, History and Psychology. I did attend the open day. It was great! Am really looking forward to it, but am slightly worried about moving away from home and making friends :/ lol
Reply 235
Hi everyone. I will be firming my offer for Psychology very soon. I'm just concerned with accommodation.
I really like Rootes and Tocil. But...
Rootes -
heard it's quite noisy, would worry me a little, but i do love to party and love meeting new people
Tocil -
nicer than Rootes but may end up with social recluses, or people that are boring. plus it's further away from the taxi rank.
Any ideas on which is best?
Hi, I've also firmed for Psychology! :hello: :biggrin:
Am still deciding about accommodation :smile: But i like JM/AV :smile:
Reply 237
Thinking of Firming.

Any advice on social accomodation?
Firmed, probably going to put down AV first for accommodation. :smile:
Reply 239
Hey guys! Just firmed Warwick for Theatre and Performance, very excited :smile:

Looking at the accomodation and liking the look of AV and JM, heard these ones are really over-subscribed though. Does anyone know if accomodation is given on first come first served basis or is it just random ballot? Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest