The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Good bloke
There may not be a recognised country called Palestine now but there was between 1920 and 1948 and it wouldn't be unreasonable for someone born then, or of parents born then, to call themselves Palestinian. In any event, there is a clearly-defined geographical area called Palestine and people from there are commonly called Palestinians.

I suppose, thanks for correcting me.
Reply 81
Original post by Reform
How exactly does religion play a part in this?

I mean, what they did was horrendous and it was entirely due to the individuals and the beliefs they had BASED on culture.

I can't copy/paste on the not so smart phone... But the gist is that the judge said they targetted girls from outside their own community and religion, and he did mention religion. Guess it was quite obvious to him after hearing the evidence, it'll be in the papers if you want to read it in his own exact words.
It's not necessary for there to be an explicit 'thou shall gang rape' commandment in the koran for religion to be a factor here.
Original post by Joinedup
I can't copy/paste on the not so smart phone... But the gist is that the judge said they targetted girls from outside their own community and religion, and he did mention religion. Guess it was quite obvious to him after hearing the evidence, it'll be in the papers if you want to read it in his own exact words.
It's not necessary for there to be an explicit 'thou shall gang rape' commandment in the koran for religion to be a factor here.

The judge is certainly in line for some 'diversity training'.
Does it matter whether the attacks are racially motivated or not? I'd hardly suggest raping a load of young girls along with your mates is a clever thing to do regardless of what race they are.
Original post by Time Tourist
Can you explain why these paedo rape gangs are comprised almost exclusively of Pakistanis and Bangladeshi's?

According to Manchester Police, it's not a race/culture issue:

Right, are we seriously expected to believe that utter bull**** lie?

Spokesman for the Asian community do not believe it:

Of course it is a racial issue however the problem exists within the Mirpuri community generally- this tiny, backward area of Pakistan consists of approximately 70% of the population of British Pakistanis. If you look into race, you will very rarely see Punjabis, Sindhis etc. involved in this kind of thing- the participants will almost exclusively be from Kashmir. Of course this is no excuse for their vile acts which I wholly condemn.
Reply 85
Regardless of motives and race or religion of victims or perpetrators, these criminals have no place in UK society; they should never see the light of day again.

Hand me a revolver and a bandolier and I would personally see that this was the case.
Deport them all. Let Saudi Arabia or whatever deal with them.
Reply 87
I feel sorry for the girls. Where the hell were their parents/guardians when all this was going on?
Reply 88
Original post by Zeffy
I remember when the patriots of the NWI/EDL held a demo outside the courts over the media blackout on this disgusting case, guess who made an appearance to show SUPPORT for the Paedofiles.

Yup, that's right, United Against Fascism.

Paedo scumbags. No surprise at all that they're Muslim and Rochdale isn't the only place it's happening.

Derby - A Muslim paedo gang was arrested
Carlisle - A Muslim Paedo gang was arrested
Oldham - A Muslim Paedo gang was arrested
Blackpool - A Muslim paedo gang who preyed on over 60 girls was arrested

All the victims were white. Now, these are just the arrests, how many Muslim paedofile scumbags are getting away with grooming underage girls for sex and in how many towns and cities?

Thank god for the EDL, CFC, NF and the NWI. The true defenders of Britain and the only ones taking a stand against the Muslim paedofiles blighting our towns.

Seriously. :lolwut:

These rapists are being dealt with. All this is doing is just aggravating the situation between Non-Muslims and Muslims. A lot of the time, many victims of rape, actually know who their rapists are, so you shouldn't rule out the likelihood, that this could have happened within their family.

Original post by im so academic
Deport them all. Let Saudi Arabia or whatever deal with them.

Saudi Arabia would have hanged the rapists.
Original post by Florrick

Saudi Arabia would have hanged the rapists.

Precisely why they should **** off to Saudi Arabia and be tried there. Or let's just do it ourselves. No loss to humanity if all of them die.
Original post by Florrick
you shouldn't rule out the likelihood, that this could have happened within their family.

The ringleader hasn't been named in news reports "for legal reasons". I speculate that he is related to one of the victims.
The ringleader hasn't been named in news reports "for legal reasons". I speculate that he is related to one of the victims.

Ethnic minority rape victims are less likely to come forward to the police (same story with male victims), especially within the Asian community. There could well be victims within the Pakistani community who haven't come forward. We know so far one of the girls was of Bangladeshi origin but the rest have been white (of those identified).
Original post by Anna150
I feel sorry for the girls. Where the hell were their parents/guardians when all this was going on?

Most are from care homes.
Unbelievably disgusting. I cannot comprehend how the police can say that this isn't racially motivated. I feel incredibly sorry for all those young girls. They really have to be sent back to their home lands - they'll probably be killed there. Britain should protect its bloody borders - Illegal immigrants raping 13 year olds - urgh. Why do people who hate whites come to a white country? Its beyond me.

Its people like them that create all these negative stereotypes surrounding Muslims. I feel disgusted.
Original post by Inzamam99
Of course it is a racial issue however the problem exists within the Mirpuri community generally- this tiny, backward area of Pakistan consists of approximately 70% of the population of British Pakistanis. If you look into race, you will very rarely see Punjabis, Sindhis etc. involved in this kind of thing- the participants will almost exclusively be from Kashmir. Of course this is no excuse for their vile acts which I wholly condemn.

Agreed.

It is the indigenous left-liberal elites who are telling lies here, and are at fault.

Because victim-politics and race trump everything in their thinking. As far as they are concerned the masses are thick and racist, and if they admit that race has something to do with this, the masses will be out of control.

This also explains why the police don't investigate, because it's "cultural" and "racial" and are petrified of being branded 'racist'.

So what you get now is people turning a blind eye to organised child rape. And people like the bloke I quoted giving a sickening defence of these brutes, saying these girls (most of whom were in care homes) were asking for it, semi-justifying organised child rape.

I doubt it. All the girls were white all the men pakistani.

I have also been speculating why this guy cannot be named, maybe hes related to a member of Al Queda?
All this talk of "Muslim" rape gangs is seriously pissing me off. Pakistanis DO NOT represent all the Muslims in the world. When have you ever heard about a Bangladeshi rape gang, or an Indonesian one or a Malaysian one, or an Indian Muslim one? Not even once. And yet we're constantly being tarred with the same brush as those few Pakistanis just because we happen to be the same religion. And to top it all off, these rapists are only Muslim by name. They aren't even allowed to even touch alcohol! Or drugs. Let alone innocent young girls. If (hypothetically) we were ruled under Sharia, these rapists would've received capital punishment by now. So don't even mention Muslims again.
Did anybody watch BBC news at 6 tonight?

They were interviewing a local guy about it and he said that the victims "should have been in their beds by 7." and even more bizarrely that "it takes two to tango."

Shocked me so much I laughed despairingly. What an awful thing to say especially on TV.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Did anybody watch BBC news at 6 tonight?

They were interviewing a local guy about it and he said that the victims "should have been in their beds by 7." and even more bizarrely that "it takes two to tango."

Shocked me so much I laughed despairingly. What an awful thing to say especially on TV.

Was this 'local' guy of pakistani origin?

If so doesnt surprise me, this is the status quo from them on this issue.
Original post by badcheesecrispy
Was this 'local' guy of pakistani origin?

If so doesnt surprise me, this is the status quo from them on this issue.

I deliberately didn't say it on my first post, but yeah he was. Just a civilian standing outside the shop that the bbc crew interviewed, and for some reason he came out with that.