The Student Room Group

Would you go to a party where you didn't know anyone?

Scroll to see replies

i think it's actually quite awesome :P no baggage for a start :wink:
Reply 21
You've got nothing to lose, you might as well go :smile:
Reply 22
If your good at meeting new people then why not.
Reply 23
Hey everyone, thanks for the encouragement- I went and had a really nice time! I've come up to bed a little early because its reaching the point where my french abilities+their english capacity+alcohol= absolutely no sense being made... so sleepy time now. But I had loads of great conversations, its a very different scene to the one I'm used to- plus they were very nice and spoke whaetever english they could (which I have to say is WAY better than my french) even though I'm the one meant to be learning.!
THANKS EVEYRONE! xxxx
Original post by Meena373
Hey everyone, thanks for the encouragement- I went and had a really nice time! I've come up to bed a little early because its reaching the point where my french abilities+their english capacity+alcohol= absolutely no sense being made... so sleepy time now. But I had loads of great conversations, its a very different scene to the one I'm used to- plus they were very nice and spoke whaetever english they could (which I have to say is WAY better than my french) even though I'm the one meant to be learning.!
THANKS EVEYRONE! xxxx

Yay! :biggrin::fluffy::biggrin:
It's always weird when someone turns up at a party and nobody knows them. But I'm pretty awkward and won't make an effort to talk to anyone unless I can ascertain that they don't hate me. On the other hand they are French, and they're well known for being... kind and welcoming. :pierre:
Original post by Meena373
I'm on a gap year and staying in Paris for about 6 weeks. The people I'm staying with have a daughter a few years older than me and she and her friends are having a party downstairs (starting soon!) I've been invited to join them if I like, but I reckon it'll be a bit awkward 1) because my french is pas tres bien and number 2) because its a bit awkward isn't it? Parisian teenagers speak fast as hell and the girls... well, the ones I've met here so far are all about 6foot, thin and gorgeous.
But if I don't go will I be throwing away a good opportunity to practise french and meet people? What would you do and what would you advise?

:facepalm2:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest