The Student Room Group

Chemistry AS Unit 2 23rd May 2012

Hey guys,
How's revision coming along with Chem Unit 2? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im sooo scared for it. Wbuu?
Reply 2
Extraction of metals etc and half equations get me. Every time.
Reply 3
BAD BAD BAD.
VERY BAD.
i know the stuff but jst cnt seem to b able to use my knowledge to the questions they ask :unsure:
Reply 4
I'll be revising loads over the next few days. Unit 2 has so much more content!!
I have some notes :smile: Hopefully they could be of some help.
Reply 6
Original post by Ataraxian-Walker
I have some notes :smile: Hopefully they could be of some help.

Greatt! Thanks soo muchh :]
Reply 7
Oh yes, I have a couple of documents that may also come in handy.

This one's from Edexcel, thought it might help with some of the practical type questions:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8918634/Chemistry/Practical%20Skills.pdf

And here's a summary of all organic reactions:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8918634/Chemistry/Organic%20Reactions.docx

In my attempt to get all reactions onto a single A4 page, I made it a little confusing. Anyway, use it if you can decipher it!
Reply 8
Guys I'm doing Alevel now but resitting chem 2 because my sister wanted me to and believe me, chem 2 is like a walk in the park compared with Chem 4 :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by thelooby94
Guys I'm doing Alevel now but resitting chem 2 because my sister wanted me to and believe me, chem 2 is like a walk in the park compared with Chem 4 :frown:

:frown: I really want to do well in unit 2, and I want it to be slightly less stressful in A2 so want to get a good high A in this exam...
Good luck second time round! :smile:
Original post by itsmehello
:frown: I really want to do well in unit 2, and I want it to be slightly less stressful in A2 so want to get a good high A in this exam...
Good luck second time round! :smile:

Well chem 2 is worth the most out of all the modules so that's a good plan :smile:
I don't even need to resist, my twin did so she made me so we could "revise together" hahaha luckily my other exams aren't until mid-late June so not too much of a stress :smile:

Good luck with the exam :smile:
Reply 11
my chemistry teacher told us that this unit 2 is more just learning it off, than actually understanding it. i know there's a certain amount that has to be understood to get top marks, but do you agree that it's mostly just learning what the books say? i'm not so sure?
Original post by Assassin94
my chemistry teacher told us that this unit 2 is more just learning it off, than actually understanding it. i know there's a certain amount that has to be understood to get top marks, but do you agree that it's mostly just learning what the books say? i'm not so sure?

Read the HSWs. My teacher says they could ask questions from that part. :smile:
Well chem 2 is worth the most out of all the modules so that's a good plan :smile:
I don't even need to resist, my twin did so she made me so we could "revise together" hahaha luckily my other exams aren't until mid-late June so not too much of a stress :smile:

Good luck with the exam :smile:

Oh :s-smilie: I thought Unit 1 2 4 and 5 were worth equal amounts for the overall grade

Ahh Snap! I have a twin too :smile: But he doesn't do the same board as me (We go to different schools)

Original post by Assassin94

Yeah about 23% of the exam is how science works :redface:
Original post by itsmehello
Oh :s-smilie: I thought Unit 1 2 4 and 5 were worth equal amounts for the overall grade

Ahh Snap! I have a twin too :smile: But he doesn't do the same board as me (We go to different schools)

Yeah about 23% of the exam is how science works :redface:

That's what I thought but then I found out chem 2 is 47% of the AS level, chem 1 is 33 % :redface:

Aww you go to different schools :frown: what's that like?
Reply 15
Its a granuntee that there will be like a 7 markker question form the Green Chemistry section .. our teacher told us to learn that off by heart
That's what I thought but then I found out chem 2 is 47% of the AS level, chem 1 is 33 % :redface:

Ahh I'm more prepared than I was for unit 1 so hoping to do better on this paper anyway so I guess it's better that unit 2 is worth more

You get used to it lol I can't imagine what it would be like if he came to my school :curious:

Original post by avipsita
Its a granuntee that there will be like a 7 markker question form the Green Chemistry section .. our teacher told us to learn that off by heart

Okay thanks, most of the green chemistry is linked in with section C though right so majority of the answers are in the question?

Btw what textbooks do you all use?

both unit 1 and unit 2 are 40%. And Unit 3 is 20%. This is what I learned.
Original post by UserInvalid
both unit 1 and unit 2 are 40%. And Unit 3 is 20%. This is what I learned.

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2420-W-SP.PDF

This is off the aqa website, if you go on page 2 it tells you how much each module is worth and what they're out of
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2420-W-SP.PDF

This is off the aqa website, if you go on page 2 it tells you how much each module is worth and what they're out of

OH are you all doing AQA???

I'm in the wrong thread, I do Edexcel XD I just check for edexcel it's 40% for unit 1 40% unit 2, 20% Unit 3(practicals)

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/UA024832%20GCE%20in%20Chemistry%20Issue%204%20250510.pdf

Is anyone here doing edexcel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending