The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

What is like living in BRIGHTON?

Hi,

I'm considering doing a Master's course in the University of Sussex, how is life in Brighton? Would you recommend it?
Reply 1
Really good- it's my home town and I'm now back living here and studying again. I's a great place to live, loads of really good pubs and clubs, the shopping is great, loads of quirky places to go, you've got the sea and lots of parks and woods and stuff in the city and the downs (hills) around it. Easy access to London- everything you need really!
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
This may seem like a weird question but can i just ask how 'gay' it is? I'm not homophobic or anything but obviously wouldn't want to live in a place surrounded by gay people. Whats it like if your straight? Wheres the best areas to live?

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by sf2rock
This may seem like a weird question but can I just ask how 'gay' it is? I'm not homophobic or anything but obviously wouldn't want to live in a place surrounded by gay people. Whats it like if your straight? Wheres the best areas to live?

Every single person is gay in fact there is a gay pride every day. There is also a high population of unicorns and lots of rainbows that obviously comes with the gays so that may be an issue for you. Also most straight people have to wear special arm bands identifying them as straight so you may stick out!

Are you being serious?!? Its just like any other city just slightly more liberal still a very high population of straight people.
Reply 4
Original post by Jamie201
Every single person is gay in fact there is a gay pride every day. There is also a high population of unicorns and lots of rainbows that obviously comes with the gays so that may be an issue for you. Also most straight people have to wear special arm bands identifying them as straight so you may stick out!

Are you being serious?!? Its just like any other city just slightly more liberal still a very high population of straight people.

pisses me off too when people think brighton is like some fantasy gay land where straight people are the minority
Reply 5
Original post by cuckoo99
pisses me off too when people think brighton is like some fantasy gay land where straight people are the minority

True that. We just don't care as much :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending