The Student Room Group

MEI M1 exam discussion - Friday 1st June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by P_united098
Nice one!
Could you perhaps post up the questions or show the number or marks for each question.
Cheers

Done it m8

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by nasira372
yes true point, I did that too in the exam.

Did you leave it as (12, 16) or did you then find the magnitude. I did the latter

Cant remember exactly, i have most of my answers written down but need to see the questions again to be sure
Original post by xiyangliu
Done it m8

Thanks a lot mate!
Original post by P_united098
Thanks a lot mate!

That's alright buddy :smile:

Q7 killed me!

Reply 245
Original post by Jam'
1 or 2 max, if this is the only mistake made in the question.

is there error carried forward in most questions?
Reply 246
What was the answer to question 2 part 2 - the position of the particle? I can't remember the value of t you had to use.
I got zero? Cheers for the mark scheme, think I got full marks on section B :biggrin: Stupid mistakes have cost me 2 in section A, unsure whether I got thise question 2 part 2 right >.>
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Gilsenan
What was the answer to question 2 part 2 - the position of the particle? I can't remember the value of t you had to use.
I got zero? Cheers for the mark scheme, think I got full marks on section B :biggrin: Stupid mistakes have cost me 2 in section A, unsure whether I got thise question 2 part 2 right >.>

Pretty sure i got the position/displacement or whatever it was to be 0 as well
Reply 248
What do people reckon the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 249
[QUOTE="chris_gloyne;37888150"]Pretty sure i got the position/displacement or whatever it was to be 0 as well[/QUOTE

Awesome, thanks so much. Definitely a plausible answer as the initial position was -2.
Original post by xiyangliu
and (12, 16) should be right... what they are aasking is the distance between AB, but the distance of B from the origin so (12, 16)

Weren't you meant to work out the magnitude of the distance, which would be 20?
Reply 251
Original post by hackashaq

The distance was 20km yeah, unless they're on about a different part of the question :P
Reply 252
how many makrs would i lose for putting a tonne as x10^2 rather than x10^3? would i get any follow through marks/?
Reply 253
Original post by Sarah_pxx
how many makrs would i lose for putting a tonne as x10^2 rather than x10^3? would i get any follow through marks/?

Assuming you'd probably drop 1 or 2 marks at most, as it's just one mistake made and the error will be carried forward. Not an expert by any means but I'm sure you wont be penalized too harshly.
Reply 254
Original post by Gilsenan
Assuming you'd probably drop 1 or 2 marks at most, as it's just one mistake made and the error will be carried forward. Not an expert by any means but I'm sure you wont be penalized too harshly.

would that be for every question do you think? as in lose 1 or 2 marks for each bit i), ii) ect.. or

p.s what do you think grade boundaries will be this year?
Reply 255
Original post by Sarah_pxx
would that be for every question do you think? as in lose 1 or 2 marks for each bit i), ii) ect.. or

p.s what do you think grade boundaries will be this year?

Erm I'm not sure, would be harsh to penalize on every question I think - entirely possible that the error will be carried through the question as a whole and you'll only lose a couple of marks.

I think this paper was a little easier than the Jan 2012 paper and that was 54 for an A so I'm hoping it'll be something around 57-59 at most for an A. A lot of people struggled with section B though so who knows :smile:
Original post by hackashaq

Yes In my post I said pythag. Which would give u 20. I just couldn't be bothered to type it up there :smile:

Please can someone upload the paper?

I only managed to get the C1 paper out of the exam room.

Thanks.
hey guys!

for question 6 (i) i got 4.37m and i said the ball would go over the crossbar. how many marks would i lose there?

my method:

1) found the time from the horizontal component
2) sub in the time i got into the equation of the vertical component

thanks!
Original post by Hazwanfakhri
hey guys!

for question 6 (i) i got 4.37m and i said the ball would go over the crossbar. how many marks would i lose there?

my method:

1) found the time from the horizontal component
2) sub in the time i got into the equation of the vertical component

thanks!

Your method is correct but answer appears to be different from most of ppl ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending